Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: [SUBMOD] Unit variety mod for TROM *Not yet updated for TROM v1.7x*

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Unit variety mod for TROM *Not yet updated for TROM v1.7x*

Can it work with TROM 1.7X?

I actually downloaded the latest version of TROM yesterday. I played a few rounds of the campaign and decided to add some submods.
    I downloaded this sub- mod and ornamentum and neither one of the submods are showing up in the game.

In the Mod manager; I have them both ahead of all TROM files (not just the Core Packs).

Assistance is requested,... thanks

----

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

First check if the submod files (*.pack) are present in the correct directory: \Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

Then, check the file user.empire.script.txt in C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    It should look something like this (I do not use the Unit Variety Pack, but entries for that submod should go either just below or just above "mod "trom_ornamentum";")
    mod "trom_blood_smoke_light";
    mod "trom_ornamentum";
    mod "trom_core_part_2";
    mod "trom_core_part_1";
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    First check if the submod files (*.pack) are present in the correct directory: \Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

Then, check the file user.empire.script.txt in C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    It should look something like this (I do not use the Unit Variety Pack, but entries for that submod should go either just below or just above "mod "trom_ornamentum";")
    Hey Johan,... thanks for getting on this,....

I added both MODs to the game. I used the Mod Manager like the direction instructed. I even attempted to do it using user.script file. When I open the file, it was empty, so I manually included the Mod packs. I included more than you indicated in your response.

It looked something like this
    mod "trom_ornamentum.pack";
    mod "trom_battlesounds.pack";
    mod "trom_blood_smoke_medium.pack";
    mod "TROM_unit_variety_submod_graphics.pack";
    mod "TROM_unit_variety_submod_mod.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_1.pack";
    mod "trom_core_part_2.pack";
    mod "trom_flags.pack";
    mod "trom_loadingscreens.pack";
    mod "trom_text.pack";

The game crashed to desktop.
    So, I remember I had a similar problem with IS when I try using Mod manager with that MOD. My solution then was to delete Mod Manager. For IS, it worked. In this case, it crashed yet again.

My next step was to remove both MOD packs. I downloaded the packs and inserted them as directed. Using Mod manager (I restored it), it still didn't work. When I added Ornamentum without the variety pack to see if it worked, the game crash. So I removed it again.

My next step was to completely remove TROM Mod and reinstall it. After removing the game as directed, I attempted to restart the game in vanilla,.... and it crashed!

My next step I contacted Sega. (small note: I currently live in China and I left behind the installation disk in the states, so i couldn't just uninstall it). They took nearly three days to respond. Anyway, through the process of uninstalling the game as directed by Sega, I discovered in the remove programs menu was something dealing with TROM. I was wondering if this being here somehow prevented me from starting the game in vanilla??? <---- this is the only reason I am going into this much detail.

Anyway, to make a long story short,.. I am currently re- downloading the game as I am typing this response.

Oh BTW, I am not blaming your MOD or any other MOD for the problem. I believe I had already corrupted a file.

Regards,

Pike

--

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    My next step was to completely remove TROM Mod and reinstall it. After removing the game as directed, I attempted to restart the game in vanilla,.... and it crashed!
    Did you remember to restore the backup campaign files (the file Original_ETW_campaign_backup.zip that is placed into your etw directory when installing TROM)?
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

I hope it will uptodate for TROM V1.70

Laetus

Hey guys will this still be updated for TROM 1.7? 'Cause on my pc the latest version of the unit variety submod seems to crash the game on startup. TROM works fine without it though.

Cheers

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Yes, it would be awesome if someone would update this for 1.7!

when I install this and extract it I can't find the core file, just the "TROM_unit_variety_submod_graphics.pack" and the "TROM_unit_variety_submod_mod.pack"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456