Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Animation for Beginners

Default Re: Animation for Beginners

What's your question here? If you want to know where the riders will be positioned, I assume it is directly onto the joint of bone_spine1 with the position modified via descr_mount. Unless anyone else knows differently...

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Hi, I'm trying to implement the FabiusBile animations (based on Banzaï ones) for SSHIP. The main problem I have is that my game doesn't rebuilt the pack.dat, pack.idx, skeletons.dat and skeleton.idx files once deleted in both, main game folder and mods/sship folder.
    I've followed the instructions (I think):
    - I have updated the descr_skeleton.txt file.
    - I have set the .cfg file with the [util] stuff
    - I have delated the files mentioned aboved in the M2TW main folder and in my submod folder.
    But when I launch my submod, the game crashes and the deleted files don't regenerate.
    What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Edit: I found out how it works. Forget my post.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 03, 2015 at 01:42 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hello. I have a problem with Animerge from the GOAT suite, I downgraded to Python 2.6.1 but it doesnt seem to help. This is the error log. Can anybody figure out what the problem is? I cant add animations if I dont fix this thing.

MS3D000000, version number 4
    Number of vertices = 2335
    Number of triangle = 3445
    Number of groups = 11
    Number of materials = 2
    fAnimationFPS = 10.0
    fCurrentTime = 1.0
    iTotalFrames = 1
    Number of joints = 23
    bone_pelvis from
    bone_RThigh from bone_pelvis
    bone_Rlowerleg from bone_RThigh
    bone_Rfoot from bone_Rlowerleg
    bone_abs from bone_pelvis
    bone_torso from bone_abs
    bone_head from bone_torso
    bone_jaw from bone_head
    bone_eyebrow from bone_head
    bone_Rclavical from bone_torso
    bone_Rupperarm from bone_Rclavical
    bone_Relbow from bone_Rupperarm
    bone_Rhand from bone_Relbow
    bone_Lclavical from bone_torso
    bone_Lupperarm from bone_Lclavical
    bone_Lelbow from bone_Lupperarm
    bone_Lhand from bone_Lelbow
    bone_LThigh from bone_pelvis
    bone_Llowerleg from bone_LThigh
    bone_Lfoot from bone_Llowerleg
    bone_weapon_weapon01 from bone_Rhand
    bone_weapon02 from bone_Rhand
    bone_weapon03_shield_shield01 from bone_Lhand
    First subversion number = 1
    Number of group comments = 11
    Number of material comments = 0
    Number of joint comments = 0
    Number of model comments = 1
    Second subversion number = 2

Exception in Tkinter callback
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1536, in __call__
    return self.func(*args)
    File "D:\MODS\Medieval II Modding\knighterrands animation tools\animationutili
    ties.py", line 3458, in animmergeButton
    animmerge()
    File "D:\MODS\Medieval II Modding\knighterrands animation tools\animationutili
    ties.py", line 455, in animmerge
    casfiledatalist = readcasfile( fullfncas, [], flags )
    File "D:\MODS\Medieval II Modding\knighterrands animation tools\animationlibra
    ry.py", line 1111, in readcasfile
    hierarchydata = readandwritecashierarchytree( fidcas, fidtxt, versi
    on_float, flags )
    ry.py", line 435, in readandwritecashierarchytree
    hierarchydata.append( getuint( fidcas ) )
    ry.py", line 80, in getuint
    (theint,) = struct.unpack( 'I', fidin.read(4) ) # 'I' is unsign
    ed int.
    error: unpack requires a string argument of length 4

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

You need Python 2.5.4 to work or (i think) Python 2.5.1 to work perfectly.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

sorry,just forget about this question.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; June 14, 2016 at 02:25 PM.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
    There is, however, a conflict between the way MS3D handles the frames and the games use of a frame 0 for the basepose that causes a problem for animation in MS3D. Put simply, there is a 'ghost' frame at the start of hte animation loop that you cannot see or edit in MS3D. If you are leaving hte start of the animation unchanged, this is no problem at all. Otherwise, a workaround must be found. Mine was to animate in Max....
    I did get a PM from someone ( don't recall who...my bad) explaining a way around this. I really wish I had kept that PM.I know it involved reversing the animation to make hte frame visible, but I can't recall the detail to make it work.

MS3D has a problem displaying hte first frame of the animation. As a result, whenever I have tried to re-do an animation with this tool I have had issues with a frame that 'jumps'. If I do not have to change the first frames it is fine and I get no issues. Where I have had to change ALL the frames, I have had this problem. I was told there was a workaround to it that involved reversing hte animation so you can see the frame, but I can't recall how this went.
    Did anyone find a way how to fix this problem with milkshape, or the only way to deal with med2 animations is really working with 3DS Max?

EDIT:

I found this:

Quote Originally Posted by Eothese View Post
    This also applies to the zero frame bug in milkshape and it's a tricky one.
    If your lucky and milkshape doesn't crash when you try this, you can use the SMD adjust keys to delete frames. The Keyframe option choice has a good range of options that should make animating easy. Delete frames 0 to x. To remove the first frame bug you need to reverse the anim, were by the zero frame which you don't normally see becomes the last, then after making your changes reverse again.

But 90% of the anims I've tried either crash MS or screw up the model, sometimes you can undo the change and flick in and out of anim mode and somehow the model and changed anim are recovered.

Another and by far a more reliable method involves a lot more effort with no margin for error. Convert the anim to text, slerp it to the length you want, eg. you want a 35 frame anim minus the first 10 frames, slerp to 25 then convert to text. You now have two text files, the 2nd with the correct header and footer data for the frames you want, the other with the data of the frames you want.

Just delete the first 10 lines of data for the 'quaternion data and Milkshape euler angles' and the 'animation data and deltas' in your 35 frame anim for each bone, but not the 'skeleton pose data, all bones including Scene_Root' if I remember correctly. Then copy these trimmed sections into the shorter file. Convert back to .cas and animerge to check.
    Anyway it would be good to hear any infor about this, informaition about animations are sparse in the forums.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 01, 2019 at 02:34 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456