Thread: Darthmod vs Imperial Splendour

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

Default Darthmod vs Imperial Splendour

as the title says, which one of both do you recommend to play, and post your reasons if possible
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL

Default Re: Darthmod vs Imperial Splendour

i think a better approach is:
    what changes do you want from vanilla ?

an example: i was most disturbed by the speed armies moved and goggled up another bunch of nations,
    skimming through the lot i elected Imperial Destroyer that has less movement pints.

Not content with some of the other changes, i searched for a 'reduced movement points' mod,
    went back to vanilla, found 'all factions unlocked' mod and installed that,
    and then went into modding to customize everything i'm able to, to meet my vision of how ETW should be,
    (which probably differ from every last player)

So: i suggest contemplate how you would want ETW to be, and then search a mod or several mods to meet specification.
    Also read up on various mods, you will no doubt pick up ideas even if you dont install them
    Last edited by poa; August 18, 2015 at 08:42 PM.
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I want the most historically accurate one, don't really know which one of them is. I've played DarthMod, but not sure about IS.

less overpowered artillery points to IS, which has nerfed arty,
    other factors are less movement points, it took Gustav Adolf 20 years from Pommern to Prague
    ship balance, bigger was better combat wise, period, and big ships was expensive both to build & operate
    manpower, nations couldnt spam infinite armies
    money, they were broke, save UP with its trading, & France with its tax base
    Last edited by poa; August 21, 2015 at 09:21 PM.
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieZleeping View Post
    I want the most historically accurate one, don't really know which one of them is. I've played DarthMod, but not sure about IS.
    We (I.S.) is a historically based mod. Darthmod is not. Dathmod has a lot of "bells and whistles." I personally enjoyed playing Darthnod, but ultimately was not what I was looking for in the mod. I wanted more historically accurate portrayal. Also, unlike most, I do not want 101 different unit with little differentiation in attributes. IS is the best for that. The downside is that we are still developing it for each factions. It is a long process. You welcome to try it and some of the submods that are being developed along side the main mod.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

We don't really allow "Mod A vs. Mod B" threads, in case it gets ugly as it has in the past. That isn't a problem here, but I am going to lock this anyway. For general mod suggestions please post in the appropriate sticky thread.