Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Sub-mod: Campaign for BoA 2.0! (Outdated, see Download Thread)

Default Re: Sub-mod: Campaign for BoA 2.0!

Well, extensive testing of the Uesugi Daimyo Hatamato revealed that there are issues with the officers attached to the unit... issues that ONLY occur when these officers are attached to a Cavalry Archer unit. I assume its a fault in the skeleton of the cavalry archers, but I don't have the capability to analyze or fix it. While I could remove the regular unit officers from the squad, making a bit of a plain Hatamato unit... I can't avoid attaching Daimyo or Captains to the unit and thus, its not really a solution. So, Uesugi Daimyo Hatamato have been "down-graded", at least in my opinion, to yari cavalry like the Hojo and Oda daimyo hatamato.

Having reassigned the hatamato, I then tested the regular Uesugi Cavalry Archer unit to see if I needed to change them as well. However, at this current time it seems that it wont be a problem for us. I just fought a battle using nothing but mass Uesugi Cav Archers (Set to the LARGE unit size) and no problem... as opposed to the occassional crashes occuring when using a single Uesugi Daimyo Hatamato set to the smallest unit size.

If at all possible I recommend that you avoid assigning Uesugi Cavalry Archers (or any clan's Cavalry Archers) as the captains in your armies. By doing this, and saving often during campaign, you shouldn't have a problem... so until someone complains about it I will consider this issue solved. You WILL notice that officers attached to the Cavalry Archer units (both standard bearers and captains) lose their weapons while fighting in melee... however this should not cause a crash and hasn't yet in any of my play tests. BTW I should note that I never once crashed DURING a battle involving the Uesugi Daimyo Hatamato; it always occured while loading the battle and was never consistent, even when I fought the same battle over again. It did happen often enough (About 1 out of every 3 times) to force me to change the unit though.

Anyhow, this took longer than expected so I don't have a release ready, and actually it may be better to wait because Helloween says he's almost done with unit descriptions. This will give me more time to put together some other elements too. I have debated whether I should seperate my files to let people pick and choose which edits they want to add to their campaign, but have decided that that will simply take way too much work. Plus the more I changes I make the more files become intertwined... before too long you wont have a choice either way. So I will upload all my files together in one package. It's up to you whether you want to use my edits or not, take it as a whole or forget it and simply use the bare campaign submod.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; July 10, 2009 at 06:34 AM.

Hayami,

I don't think anyone following your posts is going to begrudge you & Helloween the time you need! Take as long as you want and know that there are some seriously grateful people out here! I also doubt that many people will not want to use your fine additions to this already cracking mod! Nice work so far people! As a total newbie I am in complete awe of your efforts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anfauglir View Post
    Hayami,

I don't think anyone following your posts is going to begrudge you & Helloween the time you need! Take as long as you want and know that there are some seriously grateful people out here! I also doubt that many people will not want to use your fine additions to this already cracking mod! Nice work so far people! As a total newbie I am in complete awe of your efforts!!!

Thanks I appreciate that. But I also regularly check the Ran no Jidai forums and have seen how rude people can be. I don't like promising an update and then having to delay it, because I've seen how much people complain about that. Not knocking the RnJ team at all I am very understanding about their delays and I don't think anyone understands how hard it is to do what they are doing.

The only issue with my edits is that in order to make a fair and enjoyable campaign, I do have to alter some units stats, which affects the custom battles as well as campaign battles. I wish I could separate the two into different files, but I can't. So if you want to play the game the way the BoA team originally intended it, as custom battles, don't download my edits. But if the campaign is more enjoyable to you, my edits are designed to add in all the features that make it a complete campaign.

Note that Alex did not alter the units so if you want the campaign mod but don't want to upset any of the custom battle balance, download the campaign without my edits. It works fine it just wont have any of the bells and whistles you are used to in RTW campaigns.

When our current work is compiled (hopefully in the next few days but within at least a week), I will start a new thread that will make it easy to find information about what exactly my edits changed, plus any critical bug fixes.

*edit*

whoa! I just found out something pretty cool! As you may know, the game requires you to have at least one unit with the "general_unit" stat in the export_descr_unit file, and be sure that each faction has a unit with "general_unit" stat or the campaign will crash. Also, you are required to give every general within a faction the SAME command unit in the descr_strat, or again it will crash. However, the game does NOT require that unit to be the unit with the "general_unit" stat! If you give all the generals in the descr_strat a unit that doesnt have "general_unit" stat, for instance Yari Samurai... then it determines the bodyguard unit for your generals the same way it does for captains! This means you could potentially have Generals with different bodyguard units within the same faction, at the same time, even in the same battle! Granted you don't have a lot of control over which unit becomes your general... but it does allow for 3 or more general units at the same time! It usually designates a cavalry unit over footsoldiers, so you would need to pick a footsoldier unit like yari samurai in the descr_strat... the lower the tech the more variability you get.

This is too unpredictable and it would mean that every army lead by a general within your faction has the same non general unit in their army (like every general would HAVE to have a yari samurai unit in their army), so I wont be using it. I don't know what would happen if you remove this unit from your army later in the game, you may only need to start with that unit and can get rid of it later. I think its a very interesting concept for people to play around with. Currently there is no other way to have more than 2 different types of general's units in a single faction at once.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; July 11, 2009 at 01:08 AM.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

take your time, and slay those bugs
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

I would suggest laxing the Diplomacy, that way you are not forced into destroying each faction each war.(mori are being unrelintless vs takeda for instance) dispite losing allmost every battle they still send wave after wave. Most times now its just 2-3 units and they refuse to just leave at all.Unless force diplomacy cheat still works for rtw? then problem solved, but i forgot what calls for that.

i personally think after taking or losing one province most times peace should be called apon, or atleast thats how i wish to play it out.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post1555176

Ok so that link is how you implement force diplomacy now days, for those who feel the same way. i can also tinker with the diplomacy myself and give out a subversion if you will allow it.

The only issue with my edits is that in order to make a fair and enjoyable campaign, I do have to alter some units stats, which affects the custom battles as well as campaign battles. I wish I could separate the two into different files, but I can't. So if you want to play the game the way the BoA team originally intended it, as custom battles, don't download my edits. But if the campaign is more enjoyable to you, my edits are designed to add in all the features that make it a complete campaign.
    Issue your stat edits seperatly that way people can just alternate the name of the file from MP to SP.

EDU
    EDU_SP
    EDU_MP
    They can also copy from the SP or MP file and paste over, so on so forth.
    Last edited by Apostle Zodd; July 11, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

heyas Zodd, I haven't had the chance to mess with diplomacy yet, but thanks for the link I will get to it in time. I will note that I have noticed the Oda clan in particular likes to ally with their neighbors, could be the basic AI script they have (the "fortified napolean" etc scripts, I don't remember which one I gave them its in the descr_strat). Of course the Mori clan in particular was known to be relentless XP but I agree with your point haha. Has anyone ever tried creating character traits that influence a faction's willingness to use diplomacy? Hidden traits combined with campaign scripts, I wonder if it would work.

As for the unit edits, right well I figure people can do that themselves so long as they make backups of their files. I guess I was just trying to warn them to expect changes and not to be surprised. However, if you want to have separate files for single player and multiplayer, be absolutely certain you use
    -show_err. For those of you that have never opened up one of the data files before I suggest you leave it be and just pick either single player or multiplayer. With every single text edit, even the most simple ones, there are dozens of things that can go wrong and cause a crash. ESPECIALLY if you mess with the descr_model_battle file.

A little on the update news, a few current findings: 1 I just noticed Musashi province (Owned by Hojo) lacks a fishing village. Guess I will have to make my first map edit soon, but its not an immediate concern as it doesn't cause crashes or errors. 2 I have checked both landbridges (between kyushu, shikoku, and honshu) and they both seem to work fine. There is more than enough ground to fight battles on. I did find out how to make the land accessable to ships as well so I will eventually fix the shikoku bridge. 3 Well it seems my Ikko-Ikki skin edits made them a little graphics intensive... meaning that it takes fewer units to cause a crash. I know there are ways to create skins with just as much detail that doesn't hog so much virtual memory... I'm just so inexperienced with GIMP that I don't fully understand how to do it correctly. I will read up more and redo the skins in time, but I would absolutely love it if someone who has done some serious skinning work before would volunteer XP that would definitely take a load off my back. And while I'm at it, I will again make my case to anyone who is good with models and has 3D max. All I need is someone who can switch a few items between models, like giving the sohei model regular spears, bows, or even guns and giving a yari unit a standard so I can create standard bearers that use yari instead of swords. It sounds like not a big deal, but soon you'll see why I'm after it.

4 The rebels are mostly fixed, I still have a bit of trouble with the sohei model and I'm not sure why, I need to open the files with gimp and see if there is a missing texture or something. Note that they don't currently have unique skins (ie colors), they will eventually. For now they simply "borrow" the mori clan's skins and sprites, along with the Hojo clan's generals XD. I also will divide them into more subfactions later, but not a high priority right now. 5 I have a good idea now what I want the unit tech tree to look like. The main change comes to the order of cavalry units, but there were will be a few changes to footsoldiers as well, and some units will take multiple turns to produce. Archers in particular will now take a full year (2 turns) to train, thus making teppo more valuable. 6 Little off topic, but thanks to Helloween we should have more general's portraits coming in, and we're also going to figure out how to assign the starting general's specific portraits (as opposed to the random ones they currently get).

Zodd I'll shoot you a note later tonight, I've gotta run to work atm. Thanks though and later

one way to take the edge off(mainly just at the begining) is to add something like this to Strat file

Code:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; >>>> start of diplomacy section <<<<
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; >>>> start of diplomacy section <<<<
    ;DS_ALLIED = 0 
    ;DS_SUSPICIOUS = 100
    ;DS_NEUTRAL = 200
    ;DS_HOSTILE = 400
    ;DS_AT_WAR = 600
    core_attitudes romans_julii, -10 romans_brutii, romans_scipii, romans_senate
    core_attitudes romans_julii, 400 carthage
    core_attitudes romans_julii, 600 slave
    core_attitudes romans_brutii, -10 romans_julii, romans_scipii, romans_senate
    core_attitudes romans_brutii, 600 slave
    core_attitudes romans_scipii, -10 romans_julii, romans_brutii, romans_senate
    core_attitudes romans_scipii, 600 slave
    core_attitudes romans_senate, -10 romans_julii, romans_brutii, romans_scipii
    core_attitudes romans_senate, 600 slave
    core_attitudes macedon, 90 romans_brutii
    core_attitudes macedon, 600 slave
    core_attitudes egypt, 410 numidia
    core_attitudes egypt, 600 slave
    core_attitudes seleucid, 410 parthia
    core_attitudes seleucid, 600 slave
    core_attitudes carthage, 310 romans_julii, romans_scipii
    core_attitudes carthage, 90 numidia
    core_attitudes carthage, 90 spain
    core_attitudes carthage, 600 slave
    core_attitudes parthia, 90 armenia
    core_attitudes parthia, 600 slave
    core_attitudes pontus, 410 armenia
    core_attitudes pontus, 600 slave
    core_attitudes gauls, 410 romans_julii, spain
    core_attitudes gauls, 600 slave
    core_attitudes gauls, 90 germans, britons
    core_attitudes germans, 90 gauls
    core_attitudes germans, 310 britons
    core_attitudes germans, 600 slave
    core_attitudes britons, 310 germans
    core_attitudes britons, 600 slave
    core_attitudes armenia, 90 parthia
    core_attitudes armenia, 600 slave
    core_attitudes dacia, 90 romans_julii
    core_attitudes dacia, 410 germans
    core_attitudes dacia, 600 slave
    core_attitudes greek_cities, 410 romans_brutii, romans_scipii
    core_attitudes greek_cities, 600 slave
    core_attitudes numidia, 90 carthage
    core_attitudes numidia, 600 slave
    core_attitudes scythia, 600 slave
    core_attitudes spain, 410 carthage
    core_attitudes spain, 600 slave
    core_attitudes thrace, 310 romans_brutii
    core_attitudes thrace, 300 dacia
    core_attitudes thrace, 600 slave
    core_attitudes slave, 600 romans_julii, romans_brutii, romans_scipii, romans_senate, macedon, egypt, seleucid, carthage, parthia, pontus, gauls, germans, britons, armenia, dacia, greek_cities, numidia, scythia, spain, thrace
    faction_relationships romans_julii, 100 romans_brutii
    faction_relationships romans_julii, 100 romans_scipii
    faction_relationships romans_julii, 100 romans_senate
    faction_relationships romans_julii, 600 slave
    faction_relationships romans_brutii, 100 romans_julii
    faction_relationships romans_brutii, 100 romans_scipii
    faction_relationships romans_brutii, 100 romans_senate
    faction_relationships romans_brutii, 600 slave
    faction_relationships romans_scipii, 100 romans_julii
    faction_relationships romans_scipii, 100 romans_brutii
    faction_relationships romans_scipii, 100 romans_senate
    faction_relationships romans_scipii, 600 slave
    faction_relationships macedon, 600 slave
    faction_relationships egypt, 600 slave
    faction_relationships seleucid, 600 slave
    faction_relationships carthage, 600 slave
    faction_relationships parthia, 600 slave
    faction_relationships pontus, 600 slave
    faction_relationships gauls, 600 slave
    faction_relationships germans, 600 slave
    faction_relationships britons, 600 slave
    faction_relationships armenia, 600 slave
    faction_relationships dacia, 600 slave
    faction_relationships greek_cities, 600 slave
    faction_relationships numidia, 600 slave
    faction_relationships scythia, 600 slave
    faction_relationships spain, 600 slave
    faction_relationships thrace, 600 slave
    faction_relationships slave, 600 romans_julii, romans_brutii, romans_scipii, romans_senate, macedon, egypt, seleucid, carthage, parthia, pontus, gauls, germans, britons, armenia, dacia, greek_cities, numidia, scythia, spain, thrace
    ; >>>> start of regions section <<<<
    Other than that and force diplomacy, its set in stone.

Im not to famillier with this time period to know who hated who and wh owere friendly, past basic knowledge. otherwise i would allready have it done
    Last edited by Apostle Zodd; July 11, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

well Its not that simple of course. For instance, eventually almost every clan allied with the Oda. Only the Takeda clan was completely annihilated, and Tokugawa gave one of his sons the name Takeda to bring it back for a brief period of time. Imagawa became hatamato, Hojo and Uesugi never dissappeared, Shimazu and Mori became part of the Toyotomi clan (successors of Oda). Even after they opposed Tokugawa at Sekigahara they still didn't dissappear, though the Mori lost many of their holdings.

As for dispositions, these are the ones I know:
    Shimazu never truly became involved with the other great clans until Toyotomi forced them to surrender. They sided with Tokugawa at Sekigahara, but were enemies of Otomo. Imagawa basically represents Otomo and Tokugawa as well... so I dunno. Thus they could have a very slightly favorable disposition to everyone but Oda and Imagawa, whom they are neutral or just slightly unfavorable to.

Mori opposed the Oda but later allied with Toyotomi when he took over. They did aid the Ashikaga at the same time that the Uesugi did, so they could be favorable towards Uesugi. They opposed Tokugawa at Sekigahara so maybe unfavorable with Imagawa and Oda but favorable towards Uesugi and Hojo (who rivaled Tokugawa)

Oda fought against Imagawa, Takeda, Mori, and Uesugi while Toyotomi fought Shimazu and Hojo but allied with Mori. In particular Oda did not get along with Takeda and Uesugi clans. So Shimazu and Imagawa favorable while Takeda and Uesugi unfavorable, and neutral with others.

Imagawa did form a triple alliance with Hojo and Takeda for a while until Oda beat them. Then Takeda in particular turned on them. The Imagawa did not get along with Oda. HOWEVER, the Imagawa also represent both the Tokugawa and Otomo. The Otomo were strong enemies of the Shimazu, while Tokugawa was strong allies of Oda, strong enemies of the Takeda and rivals of the Hojo. The Imagawa and Tokugawa were both very good at forming useful alliances, even if they broke them. Perhaps first give them a bonus to all factions then take away some for the Oda, Takeda, and more for Shimazu so only Shimazu is negative.

Takeda were strong rivals of the Uesugi and Hojo clans and didn't particularly get along with the Imagawa and Tokugawa/Oda. Perhaps just below neutral with Imagawa and Oda, neutral with Mori, negative with Uesugi and Hojo, and positive with Shimazu (Though they never were involved with Mori or Shimazu, but it would give it some balance).

Hojo hated the Uesugi and to a lesser extent the Takeda. They were allies with Imagawa, but rivals of Tokugawa. No involvement with Mori or Oda until Toyotomi attacked Hojo. They could be favorable with Shimazu as they both resisted Toyotomi, though not together. Slightly favorable with Imagawa, neutral Mori and Oda, negative Takeda and very negative Uesugi.

Uesugi despised Hojo and Takeda, perhaps more than those two despised the Uesugi. Nobunaga is also said to have despised Kenshin. They are favorable to the Mori and neutral to Imagawa and Shimazu. Slightly unfavorable with Oda.

If you want to work on this Zodd let me know, I will give you my current descr_strat file to edit, though note that you wont be able to use it until I release the current unit files and everything related to them, again hopefully within a week.

*edit*
    crap I forgot to include ronin in that. Hmm well Nobunaga Oda alone fought or was attacked by Saiga, Ikko-Ikki, Saito, Asai, Asakura, Ashikaga, Miyoshi, Rokkaku, Chosokabe, the bands of Iga and others so set as negative as possible (By negative I don't mean the points, I mean they had a poor relationship). Shimazu conquered all their local rivals on Kyushu other than the Otomo so at war. Mori grew at the expense of Ouchi, Amako, Urakami, and Otomo among others. Imagawa/Tokugawa were a little bit better with the minor clans though they did conquer or subject the local rivals and Ikko-Ikki, so better than the other clans but still not great. Takeda (as ruthless as they were) were not that hostile to the minor clans so neutral may be best. Hojo were expansionists so maybe start them at hostile but not at war yet. Uesugi actually got along with many of the local minor clans (like Ogasawara and Murakami) but still had to conquer some and later had many confrontations with the Date clan and allies. Perhaps Neutral at start. Finally, the minor clans are in general power hungry and more than willing to stab anyone in the back so if not already at war then definitely hostile. Most of these so-called minor clans were former superpowers that had faded since the Onin War.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; July 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM.

ill attempt to demonstrate those numbers.

Edit:After testing on the latest version, By only changing the attitudes of the factions ive seen a considerable change in the way the AI conducts themselfs. after 20 turns in Mori does not randomly attack Takeda, Hojo are playing defence agaisnt me by building forts along our border, and Imagawa are the only ones seemingly wanting a war that this point. i shall test more factions later on, i think Oda will be a show of truth weither or not it worked.

Thoguh i have seen some questionables... i have the umagei set at 400ish with oda, they allied each other early on. But both of those factions are fighting the ronin, mabye thats the main reason.

Ive only changed faction_relationships for the veiw of rebels, and made Oda Imagawa 125 so the are quite friendly.I think if i go too heavy in connecting faction relations together it might make the game unpleasent.
    Last edited by Apostle Zodd; July 12, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Hey sorry for the delayed reply, I got sick over the weekend. I agree too many connections may take away from gameplay. I guess I was just mentioning all the historic faction connections I could think of.

Anyhow, I'm a few days late posting this but Helloween asked me to show everyone what hes currently working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Helloween
    Just to keep you interested. posting my workspace:

These are the Info Pictures for most of the units. You will see them in game when you right click on a unit card. And before anyone asks because this always comes up... that is not a Nazi swastika. The Swastika was used long, long before the Nazi's altered it... if I remember correctly it is used in Hinduism and Buddhism and it means something like good health... I'm really rusty on my Eastern Religions so sorry if I got that wrong >.<;. Anyhow, if I remember correctly the nazi swastika is rotated 45 degrees and the "arms" go the opposite direction... thus has nothing to do with this.

Helloween has also done extensive work finishing the unit descriptions, which I had only barely started on ^^;. He is focusing his work on refurbishing the look of the UI and getting rid of the remnants from vanilla Rome.

Finally, I am currently working on the first major rebalance of units, focusing on offense, morale, and cost. After I'm happy with this I will work on defense and fatigue. The biggest change I'm making is the number of turns each unit takes. This may surprise some people, but I have decided to make nearly every unit take 2-3 turns to produce. Base samurai require two turns, specialist samurai (Naginata, Elites, and Archers) take three, while ashigaru and agents take one. Boats will probably also take one though I haven't decided yet. Anyhow, there are main reasons why I decided to make all the units take longer... first from a historical perspective Ashigaru were the bulk of most armies and samurai, while numerous in comparison to European armies, were not massive quantities that are easy to come by. The skills samurai possessed took years to learn and started at birth. In particular, the use of the naginata (polearm), nodachi (2 handed sword), and yumi (bow) were very difficult to master, requiring years of training. I think a year and a half (3 game turns) is a fair representation, while 1 year (2 turns) for basic samurai will keep the balance of armies fair. I'd imagine most players wouldn't use ashigaru much if they could train samurai in the same amount of time... and massive samurai armies with little to no ashigaru support is extremely unrealistic. The greatest advantage of the early, crude arquebus was the very short amount of time it took to learn and master its use. While a bow took years to develop the strength and skill to actually hit something in combat, a peasant could learn to load and fire a crude gun in months or even weeks. Bows were still more accurate and could account for greater casualties then early guns, but you could mass guns far faster.

I did also think of doing the opposite: reducing the amount of time all units take to train so that you could make multiple ashigaru in a single turn or a single samurai in the same time. However, there was no fair way to do this... you can't set it so you can only train 2 ashigaru per year. If I left it like this you'd probably see the AI build massive ashigaru armies everytime you get anywhere near their cities, even if it was empty before. Considering concerns about the game crashing if too many units fight at once... well you can see the issue here.

Anyhow, currently here are the recruitment turns for each unit:

Ashigaru, Ashigaru Teppo, Emissaries, Spies, Assassins, and probably Ships: 1
    Yari Samurai, Samurai to Katana, No Dachi Samurai, Yari Cavalry, Tachi Cavalry, Early Cavalry Archers: 2
    Naginata Samurai, Foot Archers, Elite Samurai (Elite Katana, Elite Cavalry, and unique units like Mori Naginata or Uesugi Sohei Archers): 3
    Sohei: 1-2, depending on faction.

Remember there will also be mercenaries which are coming... recruitable instantly when they are available. I also plan to split Cavalry Archers into an early and late unit. The late unit will be competent in melee as well as archery, and will only be accessible at the Huge City level. Early cav archers will be available at the same time as other light cavalry but will be fragile in melee.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Those look REALLY nice! Good work!!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

*bow*

Hello gents !

Just download and install this mod, with Alex and Kagemusha-san modification. I just fall on my "ugly" arse! Great job with the units by the BoA team! Alex, you build up a pretty nice looking map. Kagemusha i really like were you are heading for with this. I'll patiently wait for what next you'll come up with.

This is Christmas for this old Shoggy player !

*bow out*

How are the Uesugi bodyguards going?

Any chance you wonderful folks are ever going to add in a campaign based on "Mongol Invasions" for BoA as well?
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    How are the Uesugi bodyguards going?
    Hey sorry gotta keep it brief here tonight. Uesugi bodyguards have been "Downgraded" to yari cavalry. After extensive testing it was clear it didn't like something about attaching officers to the cavalry archer's unit, I have no idea why. But it seems like a problem with the unit model itself... doesn't like having a melee officer attached to a ranged unit maybe? I don't know but I'm not taking any chances with it. In related news, Mori Daimyo are also going to be changed from Mori Foot Naginata to Mori Naginata Cavalry. There was nothing wrong with this one, Helloween and I just agreed that a foot soldier as a General's Bodyguard had too many draw backs, such as being unable to escape cavalry units and moving slowly on the campaign map. It was sorta a test to being with, so I'm not really upset about having to change that one.

I won't rule out a Mongol Invasion, but regardless thats a ways in the future for us right now. Talk more later

Yari cav are just fine for a bodyguard unit, as long as they are bad@$$

Lord of Pendor's Avatar Laetus

I'm having some problems with the campaign factions.
    The only factions that work ar Mori, Shimazu, and Useugi.
    I like playing Shimazu, but I'd really like to be able to play my favorite, Takeda.

I like the Oda- very strong at the start . And I'm glad Mongol Invasions aren't ruled out.. you all did such a great job with this, I am just hoping you continue with that .
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:

Adding Korea to the map could make for a very interesting campaign, and would allow for a player to repeat Toyotomi Hideyoshi's invasion of Korea in the 1590s.

Good point
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes: