Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub-mod: Campaign for BoA 2.0! (Outdated, see Download Thread)

Default Re: Sub-mod: Campaign for BoA 2.0!

Epithets done, and working, though I haven't tested every single ones' offspring. If for whatever reason their children don't receive the name (when they come of age, not when they are first born/underage) then the problem is a simple fix to the triggers list. When I upload the files they will be right at the top of the triggers list, and I know at least Matsudaira works correctly.

Assigned all military based traits, working on management ones now. Everytime I open up descr_strat I find something else I want to edit, so I'm also fixing the capitals and I plan to add a couple hidden traits to ensure certain underage/future children receive the proper skills. One other thing I'd like to take a look at is the bodyguard units for each faction... does anyknow know if I change the bodyguard unit for one general, do all other generals of the same faction and/or culture have to change as well? It would be nice to at least set different bodyguard units for the different factions.

For the capitals, most of them are obvious but a few are up to debate. For the Oda, which is most appropriate: Kyoto, capital of the nation; Kiyosu, Oda's home castle; Gifu, Oda's base of operations; or Anotsu, the historical headquarters/center for the Oda Empire at its peak. Mori should really be Aki, but Takeda owns it. So should Mori capital be: Osaka, the most historically significant city; Suo, the province closest to Aki; or elsewhere? Imagawa is in Totomi, Takeda is Kai, Shimazu is Kagoshima, Uesugi is Echigo, Hojo will probably be Shimosa, need to look it up first.

Finally, do you want me to start uploading the incomplete (but error free.... assuming there is no issue with the port which I asked about last post) files, or just wait a few days till I finish these last parts? Oh yeah I still have to add that rebel fix, but once I add that should I upload?

Sorry for the dumb question but is this stable?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Hmmm very nice mod, but i will be playing it properly when it is alot better quality.
    Last edited by Ravager123; June 14, 2009 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayami Kagemusha View Post
    Finally, do you want me to start uploading the incomplete (but error free.... assuming there is no issue with the port which I asked about last post) files, or just wait a few days till I finish these last parts? Oh yeah I still have to add that rebel fix, but once I add that should I upload?
    Do as u like, Hayami Kagemusha. I think a lot of people would like to see progess in stuff like that. I would like it.

And thanks to alex I lost my hope for a BoA campaign a half year ago. Thanks Thanks Thanks!
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The generals are faction specific not culture specific. You can assign different bodyguards for different factions. Each faction can have its own different bodyguard. I believe that you only need to do it via the "edu". I dont know if it is possible to have different generals within the same faction with different bodyguards but maybe it is possible.

Had a long day to end a long week yesterday so didn't do anymore, but should have traits done tonight.

TY paradamed, saves me time from having to test every single instance. Since they all share the same culture I was worried, but being able to at least change it per faction is a big relief, I'll try that tonight as well. I will also upload my files after finishing traits tonight so we can at least start checking it for any hidden bugs. I've also decided on Anotsu for the Oda Capital and Suo for the Mori capital unless there are objections.

Two more things that have come up.... 1 opinions on starting denari amount? 15000 seems to be too much ai have multiple full-banner armies within a few years. Currently set to 8000, do you think thats good? So far I've noticed income in BoA seems to be higher per city than in vanilla. 2 I have been toying with the idea of spawning certain characters when specific territories are captured/held. For instance, capturing Yamato would cause Hisahide Matsunaga to launch a rebelion, Mutsu would endear Masamune Date to you, etc. This would be the final thing I add as scripting it would be a pain, so we'll see if I get that far but just a heads up. Finally, I'm aware there will be differences of opinion on certain character's traits, position or exclusion from the faction tree, and age. I myself am well aware that there are multiple ways of creating characters like Tadakatsu Honda, who could be a part of the Matsudaira tree or a seperate sub_faction, different ways of representing his historical character through traits, and not everyone will agree with where in the timeline he is. Certain characters I wanted to ensure would be born or used no matter what, and I also wanted to make sure certain characters have certain traits so a number of famous generals appear much sooner than they did historically. So sue me... these factions didn't own nearly this many territories in the year 1530 either so just deal with it. You can easily alter it if you like.

Well thats it for now, I'll update again in the morning

Alex my sincere gratitude for making this Sub mod for BOA.......at last the TWC old timers have their own home grown Shogun TW II tanku,tanku,tanku............ sorry not very dignified
    I hope you may find the time to add some polish to this great effort.
    Salut!
    @Hayami ...very excited about your project as well I and I asume many others are looking to download your work

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    Sorry for the dumb question but is this stable?

... yes work fine for me at least , some one CTD, maybe, but nothing serious ... download and prove it ,

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

since kagemusha is fixing everything i will wait until he finish working on it,and then i will play it thanks alex i always wished boa with a campaign map.

Quick update, I setup the bodyguards first and am working again on traits now, I'm about 1/3 of the way through. But I figured I'd mention the different bodyguards to see if anyone has an opinion on them. Note there are some limitations about which units can be assigned, but theres only one or two that are even in question.

-Mori has the only footsoldier bodyguard with the mori naginata elites
    -Shimazu has shimazu elite tachi cavalry, with wedge formation removed so you can rally.
    -Uesugi has the most unusual unit in the Uesugi Elite Cavalry Archers. However, several changes have been made to the unit to make this possible, including removing their contra circle ability, increasing their attack by 3 and charge by 1, a sizeable boost to their armor (still less noticeably less than other elite samurai), and nearly double ammunition. Without all these changes, they wouldn't be able to compete with the other bodyguard units. This is of course the unit I'm most curious about, want to know if others think this is a good idea or not. Main alternative would be Elite Yari Cav.

-Takeda retain the Takeda Elite Naginata Cav, though their attack has been lessened to make it fair.
    -Imagawa use Elite Tachi Cav, again with wedge removed
    -Oda use the Elite Yari Cav, slightly weakened to compensate for the larger number of Oda generals (the more clans you conquer, the more followers you gain historically)
    -Hojo use Hojo Elite Yari Cav, who have a small armor advantage over other elite yari cav (I didn't change that)

More coming + files when I finish these traits... probably this evening or early tomorrow

Actually I figured I should mention just a bit of what I'm going through with the traits to give ppl an idea of what to expect. I've added some quick research to my own personal knowledge of names and achievements... these characters are about as realistic as I can make them without a major overhaul of both the in game traits and campaign map/timeframe.

-Mori generals tend to be moderatly skilled, with a couple weak members and a strong faction leader. They favor command skills over management or influence. Retainer families include Kikkawa, Kobayakawa, Ouchi, and Saito along with various minor clans.

-Shimazu family are fanatically loyal, skilled warriors, and expert ambushers. Influence followed by command skills are high. Retainers are Ijuin, Yamada, Niiro, Shoni, and minor clans.

-Uesugi family are powerful but rebellious, with both very strong and weak generals. Command followed by influence. Main retainers are Naoe, Nagao, Ogasawara, Murakami, Honjo, and Amakazu.

-Takeda family are full of skilled, powerful commanders... in fact if I were to accurately represent them the Takeda clan would become super-overpowered by the sheer number of skilled leaders (The elite called themselves the Takeda 24...). Instead I picked the most significant ones. Command skills galore but they have enough management and influence as well. Sanada, Anayama, Baba, and Yamagata families.

-Imagawa are mixed, with characters tending to specialize in one area. The core family tend to have better management skills. Mizuno, Sakai, Ishikawa, Matsudaira, Sakakibara, and Honda are the main members.

-Oda generals are numerous and varied up and down. The Oda clan will have the most problem with rebellious or troublesome generals. Command and Influence are fairly even. Mori (Not to be confused with the Mori Faction), Todo, Shibata, Maeda, Niwa, Hashiba, and Akechi clans to name the core members.

-Hojo have less generals to begin with though they have many offspring under them. Management followed by Command for the rulers of the rich kanto region. I've got a number of placeholder families but still need to do some research on specific Hojo retainers before I announce... regardless expect the fewest retainer familes of all the factions.

I apologize for so many wordy posts, I just get into it. Hope someone is enjoying it at least XD Again I should be ready to share what I've got within a day, and will continue adding in little features afterwards.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; June 18, 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Hayami Kagemusha,
    good work, I will wait for release you fixes!
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Can you change the pop grow in the city's...if not,no prob.Where can i change it myself?

I haven't looked into that yet, but I do know two ways. One is to set the population high to begin with, which can easily be done with data/world/maps/campaign/imperial campaign/descr_strat.txt
    The other would be to change the farming resource for the region... setting it really high will cause population growth to go up a couple percent. I believe that is done in the same file though I haven't tried either yet.

Of course you could always use the console command in game to set the population to the specific ammount you want. add_population "city_name" ammount works I used it to test the tech tree early on.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; June 15, 2009 at 07:47 AM.

I haven't looked into that yet, but I do know two ways. One is to set the population high to begin with, which can easily be done with data/world/maps/campaign/imperial campaign/descr_strat.txt
    The other would be to change the farming resource for the region... setting it really high will cause population growth to go up a couple percent. I believe that is done in the same file though I haven't tried either yet.

Of course you could always use the console command in game to set the population to the specific ammount you want. add_population "city_name" ammount works I used it to test the tech tree early on.

lol
    I mean the % growth of a city...in some city's i have about 7% rate,way to much imo
    So after a few turns i got alot of angry rice farmers,wanting there food taxes back

And add pop -10000 every 4/5 turns breaks the game

So where can i change the %(growrate) of the city's
    I have some exp with modding,but never changed something like that

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi

Excellent sub-mod !!

+ rep !

Ah sorry for being presumptious >.> to decrease the only way to alter growth percentages by text editing that I know is to lower the farm values of the region. I have yet to encounter a pop growth% line anywhere and I don't expect to, its sorta like the command or management line for generals you can't directly alter it, but you can change the factors that add up to it. Other factors include squalor, farm upgrades, tax rate, and health which are affected by present generals and buildings in the city.

Actually, 7% while high isn't absurd as a number of vanilla rome territories had 7-9% because of high farming values. I think the problem is that the slave spawn % was initially extremely high. I changed it, its percentage is now lower than vanilla rome. Look at the top of descr_strat, brigand_spawn_value and pirate_spawn_value are the lines. 0-1000 are the values, with 0 being the highest (what it was set to) 10 and 28 what vanilla rome has, and 40 and 60 what I've currently got it set to.

Anyhowww, I see a farminglevel line in the descr_regions file in the same folder as descr_strat. To alter farmland which has the biggest impact on growth in this game, I'd give that a try. Wow okay now that I looked through that file, I think I need to change it as well. The highest is 10 which isn't that bad (Vanilla Rome has a number of 11-14s), but the lowest value is 8! meaning every territory has high farming value. Guess that will be my next focus after traits.

In more news, management traits were finished, and factiontrees and characters were polished. Hojo retainer families are Daidoji, Satomi, and the former Uesugi retainers Ota, many of whom switched sides especially after the Yamanouchi Uesugi branch took over. Currently working on Influence and Personality traits

Still working, this part took a bit longer due to so many more options. But I've noticed a couple things in between my text editing. First, I noticed the units were given high defense skill values, some of them up to around 120ish. But the game seems to cap defense skill around 65 so essentially every unit in the game has the same or similar defense skill. Armor, stamina, and attack values do seem to make up the difference, but is this something that needs rebalancing?

Also noticed the costs for some units, for instance naginata troops being cheaper than tachi samurai despite being quite higher in the tech tree. Is this something I should address as well? I could use some input on these thanks

*edit* I should make it clear that the focus of my editing is more on historical accuracy than play balance. I am trying to keep the generals balanced but I really don't know much about balancing units. I will need people to continue to address balancing issues when I finish. I've been testing it some myself but I'm not particularly good at it.
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; June 16, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

where am i suppose to put the data folder when i download this?

Still working, this part took a bit longer due to so many more options. But I've noticed a couple things in between my text editing. First, I noticed the units were given high defense skill values, some of them up to around 120ish. But the game seems to cap defense skill around 65 so essentially every unit in the game has the same or similar defense skill. Armor, stamina, and attack values do seem to make up the difference, but is this something that needs rebalancing?

Also noticed the costs for some units, for instance naginata troops being cheaper than tachi samurai despite being quite higher in the tech tree. Is this something I should address as well? I could use some input on these thanks

*edit* I should make it clear that the focus of my editing is more on historical accuracy than play balance. I am trying to keep the generals balanced but I really don't know much about balancing units. I will need people to continue to address balancing issues when I finish. I've been testing it some myself but I'm not particularly good at it.
    You right about that(the defense skill issue)
    Check also the lethality value

Give them much lesser defense and lower the lethality,so players still can have long battles
    So i'm not the only one who thought this was wierd(def value)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast