Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub-mod: Campaign for BoA 2.0! (Outdated, see Download Thread)

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Default Sub-mod: Campaign for BoA 2.0! (Outdated, see Download Thread)

Edit by Nelduin: You can download the last version of Alex1987's submod in the Download Thread as an addon. This addon includes the Campaign Sub-mod, the patch by Hayami and the Good Look mod by Helloween. Thanks to those three guys for their improvments.
    Last edited by Nelduin; June 16, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Sub-mod: Campaign for BoA 2.0!

if this is a virus i'm not going to be happy

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

if this is a virus i'm not going to be happy
    What virus? You did not download and did not install this sub-mod and you tell bosh.

Indefinitely Banned

lol my apologies friend downloaded it and playing it nw,its v good work

oh ... Great Job Alex! Downloading now! + rep
    EDIT: hey alex could you upload it somewhere else cause i have this Error"Database connection failed! If this problem persists or you need further assistance, contact support"

Thanks

Willy
    Last edited by Lord Willy; June 08, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Thanks Alex, your awesome!

The waiting for RNJ is killing and i cant believe someone finally made a campaign mod for BOA, +rep to you.

EDIT: I'll report back if anything goes wrong, but so far everything looks very promising.

EDIT: Im having some minor issues like still having the original RTW factions icons in the diplomacy screen, still having RTW faction leader icons at the faction select screen and my cities still being owned by the julii and whatnot.
    The game also froze up on me when i right-clicked on my faction leader to check his stats, but im guessing these are just due to this being a WIP and still having some bugs?
    EDIT: The description of the new buildings appear to be in Cyrilic, but i guess thats a WIP too, so no big deal.

Cheers,
    Last edited by DeaDBolT; June 08, 2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: found some things i thought i should share
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

wow very nice job

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

DeaDBolT,

this version - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DHFD2X0M - with english descriptions.

Looks promising. Could someone help a noob out and tell me where this file is supposed to go? I've already got BoA v2 installed and working properly, just dunno where this file goes

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Hayami Kagemusha,
    just copy folder data from mod archive to BOA folder with file replacing.
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

oh doh I didn't realize I was supposed to unpack it. wasn't familiar with the file extension name. got it now, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1987 View Post
    Thansk Alex

wee I've spent about 30+ hours last two days tweaking this mod. Alex has created a perfectly functional camp map and set the ground work for this, I have simply added family trees, names, starting armies, varied rebels, and a simple, vanilla rome naval unit to allow easier travel around the southern isles. I have finished all the above, including tweaking of faction tech trees and sub_faction characters to allow certain generals to retain their family surname. All I have left is setting traits/ancillery and epithets for certain famous characters (Motoyasu Matsudaira, Hideyoshi Hashiba, Masayuki Sanada, etc should be able to pass on their name to their children, without creating late game CTDs).

If anyone is interested I can upload the files when I finish these last few things. I'm no pro but I believe I've done a bang-up job of it all, so far everything runs smooth and I've read through a LOT of threads to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Historical accuracy is about equivalent to original STW, for better or for worse. Anyhow, at the very least it should save you alot of time for having to type it all yourself. files altered include export_units, export_buildings, descr_names, descr_name_lookup, names, and descr_strat.

Thanks for setting the ground work Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Hayami Kagemusha View Post
    wee I've spent about 30+ hours last two days tweaking this mod. Alex has created a perfectly functional camp map and set the ground work for this, I have simply added family trees, names, starting armies, varied rebels, and a simple, vanilla rome naval unit to allow easier travel around the southern isles. I have finished all the above, including tweaking of faction tech trees and sub_faction characters to allow certain generals to retain their family surname. All I have left is setting traits/ancillery and epithets for certain famous characters (Motoyasu Matsudaira, Hideyoshi Hashiba, Masayuki Sanada, etc should be able to pass on their name to their children, without creating late game CTDs).

If anyone is interested I can upload the files when I finish these last few things. I'm no pro but I believe I've done a bang-up job of it all, so far everything runs smooth and I've read through a LOT of threads to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Historical accuracy is about equivalent to original STW, for better or for worse. Anyhow, at the very least it should save you alot of time for having to type it all yourself. files altered include export_units, export_buildings, descr_names, descr_name_lookup, names, and descr_strat.

Thanks for setting the ground work Alex
    Yeah upload the files here
    EDIT: BTW I think that the Chivalry is a little overpowered ...
    Last edited by Lord Willy; June 12, 2009 at 03:18 AM.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Hope you can fix the ctd's you get fighting the rebels

sorry had a couple long days of work, but I did manage to make a small improvement. All the greek portraits/general cards have been removed leaving only Japanese ones. To do so I had to replace all the ones I removed as I was getting characters without portraits or cards, so an hour or two of copypasta later I ensured that every character will have a Japanese face (other than dead ones, no Japanese death portraits so kept the greek ones there). Just so you know, I did remove the artsy ones as well, didn't like them so much. I know they are classic art but looked kinda silly when everything else was computer rendered. This does however greatly limit the number of portraits (only 11 total), so if anyone has any more, preferably computer rendered or at least cleanly drawn, I'd appreciate it. Bare in mind you need matching cards for the portraits.

Also, added the first epithet trait for Motoyasu Matsudaira, tested and it works perfectly all sons and adopted children gain the name correctly. In case you don't know, Motoyasu Matsudaira was the name of Ieyasu Tokugawa while he served under the Imagawa family. I felt this was more appropriate seeing as he is a member of the Imagawa faction... even if he does succeed the clan (happened during my test) the faction retains the Imagawa name.

I'll finish epithets tonight, then all thats left is assigning realistic traits to the rest of the characters. I'm not going to alter traits or ancillery as its just too much work. besides RnJ has already done that, it would be rude to redo their whole work when it must have taken them days or even weeks.

Have not yet encountered CTDs with rebels, though I haven't really played camp other than during various tests. One other thing I learned today is that at least one of the landbridges (between Kyushu and Honshu), is accessible to both land and naval units which is a big relief.

ps in scimming through other modding threads today I heard someone mention something about a CTD involving ships with different experience levels and different levels of ports. This concerns me as I made Dockyards able to produce ships with 1 experience. Is this a problem? I'd appreciate if someone could validate it or point me to a thread explaining it. Thanks
    Last edited by Hayami Kagemusha; June 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM.

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Fix of rebels - http://slil.ru/27736987
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

Great ! I sticked the thread and added links in the main Download Thread. Don't hesitate to post screens of the campaign. Thanks !

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

One of the best releases of this year for sure! Many people have been waiting for a Japan focused full mod.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast