Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3.4 XAI for PDER Bug and Balancing reporting

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: 3.4: A new XAI version starting in PDER!

Stone forts, please check the following lines in the descr_campaign-db.xml file

<destroy_empty_forts bool = "false"/>
    <can_build_forts bool = "true"/>

I was set to false. That should be the last change on that..no more working so late.

Achilla..it is good to see you responded. I will reply later, after I wake up.

good

- AI takes over well-fortified settlements with ease as long as it uses melee infantry
    - spread-out factions and factions with huge regions have no qualms about capturing settlements around them so I guess they are active not only in tighly-packed western europe
    ( actually it is bit too easy I will be adjusting that)
    - AI seems usually rational when it comes to diplomacy, having worse reputation makes getting diplomatic deals noticeably harder
    (glad you like this)
    - byzantines send a fleet with troops inside to help besieged settlement on an island ... I managed to dispatch them at once along with city garrison but that's another thing (I had mostly early professional + some militia troops and they got 80% militias)
    - byzantines launch quite successful naval invasions around the Caspian sea
    This is the PRO to Naval

bad

- playing as Armenia being far far far away from Naples, Sicily for some odd reason decided to wage war on me by blocking my ports for no apparent reason ... kinda destroys immersion ... they should've blocked byzantine/moorish/egypt ports instead
    This is the CON..but really it's nothing but a minor annoyance, because they left you alone right. There is no way to adjust this..I have thought of everything I know (the oceans have no borders). Let us be thankful it works as well as it does.

- I just captured turkish Konya which was poorly defended ... they had 1 turn to react and two half-stacks nearby but none of them rushed to help the settlement ... having exterminated population (standard case) all of their priests and armies moved away to own regions and didn't bother me since then ... shouldn't their Imams wander in my territory instead and cause religious unrest? Shouldn't their two half-stacks combine into one and siege the settlement back?
    Not always right away, once you take over the settlement, the AI looks at your factions strength. Go try some diplomacy with them and see if they want it back. You maybe too strong for them to risk it. Remember we cannot tell the CAI to attack specific targets. That is handled in the Upper decision process (upper AI) Unfortunately we are limited by the commands in CAI, they do not cover enough areas, so that we can be more precise. Patience, they may strike back at it, there are many variable you need to look at. Is that faction at war with anyone else. Are you an ally of their ally.etc.Finally if Catholic there is always the Pope to consider.

- I don't really feel like I have really annoyed a particular faction by offering them tribute for trade rights, map & alliance and the same turn ceasing to pay tribute ... sure, my reputation went down, but the faction standing wasn't lowered with betrayed faction and other factions ... not like these 'dear allies' wouldn't backstab me later in game whence they could but still ... it went too easy
    Annoyed is not for the faction longterm, only the negotiation.. that is all. It is the Person to Person talks you annoyed the diplomat. Probably by asking too much.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 30, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Stone forts, please check the following lines in the descr_campaign-db.xml file

<destroy_empty_forts bool = "false"/>
    <can_build_forts bool = "true"/>

I was set to false. That should be the last change on that..no more working so late.

Achilla..it is good to see you responded. I will reply later, after I wake up.
    Wouldn't that change create tons of unremovable forts later in game? I think they disappear for a reason but destroy_empty_forts is disabled.
    Last edited by Achilla; May 30, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

The AI should not go too crazy with the forts. I have toned them down. They cost 2500 so, yes we want them permanent. If you want them to disappear, you can have it that way, but you should lower the cost of the forts.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

The AI should not go too crazy with the forts. I have toned them down. They cost 2500 so, yes we want them permanent. If you want them to disappear, you can have it that way, but you should lower the cost of the forts.
    I think it would be best to make some forts permanent on map since the start and all other buildable forts to vanish over time. PDER has life span of 900 turns, a bit too much for this feature to remain ON I think maybe I'm wrong but didn't DOTS guys do something like this, permanent stone forts and buildable wooden ones?

This is the CON..but really it's nothing but a minor annoyance, because they left you alone right. There is no way to adjust this..I have thought of everything I know (the oceans have no borders). Let us be thankful it works as well as it does.
    I'm not quite sure. Maybe it's possible to make it unable for the AI and player to attack a port of neutral (not in war) faction. I will ask one guy that was changing a few things in cursor actions and get this sorted as soon as possible (if it's possible, that's it). It could solve the problem altogether then.

Not always right away, once you take over the settlement, the AI looks at your factions strength. Go try some diplomacy with them and see if they want it back. You maybe too strong for them to risk it. Remember we cannot tell the CAI to attack specific targets. That is handled in the Upper decision process (upper AI) Unfortunately we are limited by the commands in CAI, they do not cover enough areas, so that we can be more precise. Patience, they may strike back at it, there are many variable you need to look at. Is that faction at war with anyone else. Are you an ally of their ally.etc.Finally if Catholic there is always the Pope to consider.
    Their armies were mostly skirmish and missile cavalry which are underpowered under autoresolve. If you go to EDU and change secondary hit points of all cavalry units from 0 to 1, they get more decent and aggressive over campaign map. It doesn't change them in any way in actual battle, it just 'lies' to the AI they are stronger than before.
    Last edited by Achilla; May 30, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.

@achilla
    I haven't seen spamming of forts, but I haven't played that long either. I have been forced to run hotseat in auto mode. The AI has to be pretty powerful to even be able to build them. Most of the time they will just front line patrol the boarder.I thought of that too, as I didn't want the AI going broke, and having a fort every 10ft LOL

We all need to learn to relax with this game and enjoy what we have actually accomplished. I think you are jumping the gun too much and need to play many more turns. We need to see how the game plays out. We will fix it, I'm not worried about that.

On the naval blockades; when you are neutral and getting blockaded, there is a reason I do have it on. You will also find that if the diplomatic situation changes, they may seek a ceasefire. It is the price we pay for being able to go overseas and do an invasion, from a neutral stance. The other times, the blockades are usually caused by a powerful ally of your enemy harassing you.

Sounds like the EDU is gonna need some work, to get it balanced right.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 30, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

I haven't seen spammin of forts but I haven't played that long either. The AI has to be pretty powerful to even be able to build them. Most of the time they will just frontline patrol the boarder.I thought of that too, Ididn't want the AI going broke, adn having a fort every 10ft LOL
    We all need to learn to relax with this game and enjoy what we have actiually accomplished. I think you are jumping the gun too much and need to play many more turns. We need to see how the game plays out. We will fix it, i'm not worried about that.
    Updated upper post.

Yes, I get your point, it would be wiser to go into 200+ turns game and come with tons of feedback first that's what I'm going to do, so catch me up over PMs since I won't post anything special unless I consider it important. Back to my campaign.

PS. As for the 'annoyed' diplomat, I think there could be more severe implications for insulting other nation due to ceasing to pay a tribute or not honouring an alliance. In the last case, though, less severe than actually waging a war on an ally without ceasing an alliance first (since, right now, besides global reputation drop I don't really feel like betrayal under any motive could lead to further complications).

Likewise, back to testing.
    Last edited by Achilla; May 30, 2009 at 02:02 PM.

PS. As for the 'annoyed' diplomat, I think there could be more severe implications for insulting other nation due to ceasing to pay a tribute or not honouring an alliance. In the last case, though, less severe than actually waging a war on an ally without ceasing an alliance first (since, right now, besides global reputation drop I don't really feel like betrayal under any motive could lead to further complications).
    Yes there are implications for all those other items as well for the relations of GS and FS. However the negotiations going "sour" does affect what will happen for the trades it lessens the chance of successful negotiations. BTW just because a deal looks unfavorable, does not mean you shouldn't ask. Visa versa is also true, just because you offer them a sweet deal doe not mean they will accept. But this is why our diplomacy rocks!

Trust me you incur penalties, and Niamad spent alot of time on those rules trust me. Now in reality just because negotiations go sour is not a call to go to war. The Diplomat doesn't make that decision the King does. It may take more time for things to occur that what you are used to playing with, but the Factions Standings and Diplomacy are not BLACK and WHITE like Vanilla files. I also am also very busy and cannot debate every fine point on this..sorry. I am but one man..maybe the team could answer some of the other questions.

ALSO for those of you that are new to XAI, XAI incorporates a FULLY working difficulty level system. If you find that things are a little too crazy on Very Hard please start over on medium, it is ok it will still be hard enough.

Hello guys, first and foremost I want to thank each and everyone of you! for just trying our mod for PDER.

Pder has been out for a year and I really liked it. At that time most ai's were much more passive..yes even ours. With this last revision of the XCAI we pretty much made a bug free CAI and with real understanding of the CAI we were able to pull off some nifty things. I know that it is not perfect by any means, there are so many other things that i would like to do with the CAI. However, due to the command limitations there will only be so far it can go.

Some of the great things we have accomplished are full integration of the stone forts. The CAI now utilizes them when it is powerful enough. They stay on the map after they are build. The Ai will get 4 free upkeep for using them. This will help the and the human a little. Most importantly, the units will move around.

Naval invasions finally work the way they are suppose to. Unfortunately due to very limited parameters and the way sea are seen by the AI. We have very limited control. I do think though we have come up with some nifty ways of using fleets. The Ai will use the fleets to transport troops, agents, princesses, and some crusades.

Diplomacy; You will not find a better diplomacy system anywhere...that is a fact. We figured out the bugs and figured out our own system, to make it realistic! It is just one of the new ways to immerse yourself into the game.

Role Playing! Something that was lightly done with vanilla, but overall a very broken system. Well the BBB4.0 Bad Boys have integrated their latest installment of the most in depth and fun system yet! New to this version is the new supply system, this will keep the campers at bay. Re balancing of many many traits. The have some very nice graphics as well from Dearmad and Tokus. You will see Princesses live up to their roles and expectations. You will also have to keep a good eye on your Kingdom, because if you do poorly, you may have a full blown rebellion on your hands. That might just foil your plans to conquer your neigbor, and they may just find you week enough to conquer. There are so many aspect to this system you really just need to download install and play!! It is really fun.

With the integrated difficulty levels, you can play a fast paced game, or a slow paced game, depending on your style. Very hard can be very hard!

With all the great advances we have made, PDER is kindof feeling the pressure. It is in need of re-balancing to this better CAI system. I could use some help with really good feedback. I do want feedback and comments to stay in positive ways. If something is broke that is fine.. I just want all of us to have fun and enjoy this. If you don't understand something pose it as a clear and concise question, and we will try and answer it. Maybe we can get this PDER souped up like a Ferrari. If there are any of you experienced in modding things like the edu, and other game files. If you want to help please PM me. Dont bother if you can't be dedicated though. I cannot dedicate all of my time to this, as there are many other integration projects I am working on. Some are customized AI's and take more time, and dedication to do.

This is my pet project, and is for fun. I am not competing with any other mod, or trying to say that this is the best AI out there..because I don't have to.

I split off the posts for the Reporting to this thread.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 31, 2009 at 02:07 AM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 3.4 XAI for PDER Bug and Balancing reporting

started a game with venise : never get better troops than Spear Militia and peasant archers.
    wait for event_counter governor_present 1, to get better troops... it never comes, not found it in descr_event folder... don't understand. stopped campaign

started a game with armenia : fullstack missiles armies for turks ; i changed the recruitement priority in EDU (example :replace value 10 with 15 for missiles, replace value 15 with 10 for spearmen), restarted new campaign, seems that nothing changed. stopped campaign
    (turks proposed each campaign to me to become their vassal, it's really good)

now will start with france.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Diadok are you sure it is installed right? Usually the game starts of with plenty of troops, but the pools have to replenish.??? it takes some time for the pools. But usually in at least one town there aer many options for AOrs

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

Only had time to make on small fight against new AI ...

Me British, AI french, both 3 Cav, 6-7 Infantry + 2 Spearmen and 3 archers etc ...

Map: Ciliclian (dont' know if its right) - i was defender:

1. Try with Vanilla AI: 14% to 100% losses
    2. Try with XAI3.4: 20% to 100% losses, same startegy etc...

That is not really what i have imagined and the Ai also did not behave different to Vanilla ...
    So - do i have installed it the right way ??? But i read the instructions carefully and
    did not change anything after install of 3.4 full ...

- How can i recognize if 3.4 is working ???
    (may be, if i have a look on campaign map - cause of the stone forts, or ...?)

- and i guess there is a big Bug, that noticed:
    the archers of the french ran up the hill towards my frontline
    and did not stopped, till my knights threw them back, after they lost 1/3 of their men and routed ...
    they simply ran blind in their death ? What does it mean ?

diadok's Avatar Senator

Diadok are you sure it is installed right? Usually the game starts of with plenty of troops, but the pools have to replenish.??? it takes some time for the pools. But usually in at least one town there aer many options for AOrs
    My descr_strat is moded with developped cities, all units get one turn to be formed, factions are starting with a large units choice, so turks should get more different units in their armies, than all this missile soldiers.
    but the problem was already there without XAI.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Puer's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by tobi_808 View Post
    - How can i recognize if 3.4 is working ???
    The easiest way is to check if there is XAI logo on start up screen (You can recognize this logo from MadMardigan preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgErfCum8VY time 0:05 - 0:13).

I think I discovered some bugs:

1. CAI: There was a problem with Templars' Minor Chapter House. New turn started and this guild was offered to me - even I didn't have enough money. I was able to click yes or no. You can check the attached savegame also.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. BAI: Cavalry always cancel orders on gates if running out from settlement (closed gates are open out).

3.BAI game balance: I noticed that enemy general quite often sacrifice himself to soon in sieges.
    Here is example - Enemy general charged my archers and made them flee.

Behind archers i had spearman and two more light infantry. Enemy general begun to pursuit my fleeing archers and got dead soon. Maybe enemy general should retreat if he is in danger or attack with less important cavalry at first place (he had 2 more of them in the city center).

4. Btw: New traits are added with BBB 4.0? Is there a guide for new traits? Example: "You're NOT my king" how is this obtained?
    Last edited by Puer; May 31, 2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added savegame

Tobi, you are not very descriptive. What did you install it in? Trust me if it was installed right you would be having many more losses. Do you have Io files first? If you look at the stickied tutorial..you will learn how to install it properly. Also the PDER version if installed properly will have the XAI logo on the opening screen.

I have taken today off sorry.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 31, 2009 at 03:24 PM.

Ok, time for my feedback on restarted Armenia campaign, turn 1 to turn 45 (the moment I stopped, continuing later).

Note: I have removed stakes and forts so won't comment on these. I have also reduced ridiculous upkeep of 450 to 150 for turkish javelin cavalry and edite descr_strat so Armenian heir got some normal level of loyalty. I believe disloyal heir succumbing to rebels and old king soon to die perfectly unable Armenia to expand and conquer if it's played by AI. Again EDU needs fixing.

Now, my campaign. (VH/VH, Armenia)

With reworked heir I could slowly, without bigger risks expand. Very slow building and recruitment times and high prices of basic buildings certainly slowed everything down, I would say basic things like most primitive trade centre, dirt roads and establishment buildings should be cheaper and build faster.

For some silly reason, early in the game, Sicily attacked by port again. Waaaah! Seljuks early in the game attacked Egypt and were an unstappable monster for some turns until Egypt fought them back. Well, it didn't take long for the first Jihad to commit on some rebel settlement near Egypt, end result was Egypt assaulted settlement with family member +6 units, got beaten, and then consecutively their family member charged the settlement 3 times later, getting beaten but no killed. Bah, what that crazy faith does with the men? They lose remains of any common sense

Back to Armenia. I after capturing few rebel settlements along my west coast and island Lefkosia from Byzantines, I decided it was the right moment to strike the infidel Turks while they were vulnerable. And so I did, taking over Konya in 11th game turn (sounds unrealistic? well, that's what I did). Later, I had to stop down for a longer while (around 16 turns) building up my economy, enlisting more recruits and retraining damaged troops. In the meanwhile my diplomat managed to get trade rights with everyone but Scotland and ally Hungary and the Pope (so his fellow 'Sicilian' Christians will think twice before attacking my ports again ... also, I don't think it should be possible to ally pope at all, can't he get another AI label specially designed for him so he can't ally/vassal anybody and just offer a ceasefire/trade rights?). Well, after building up I moved most of my troops leaving settlements a tad vulnerable and formed a might 20-unit stack along with my king (read: best general, hahaha) and decided to strike the Turks again, taking Philadelphia this time. To my surprise, I had to hurry taking the settlements, because Turk reinforcements were on their way. I rushed the city siege taking a bit too high casualties (40% exactly), exterminated population (well, it's getting boring, I think I will start sacking instead ... not Turks, though) and just one turn later they were sieging city back. Well, 'end turn', 'end turn' and boom, siege defense. Their force were mainly horse archers so I decimated them in the gates, silly fools ... and another 'stagnation period' would commence if not the fact they had 2 another almost full-stack armies attacking my capital and one wandering between Philadelphia and capital. I had to buy some crap militias in every town and do a little scouting with generals to see where they strike. Hopefully I managed to dispatch both stacks. Regroup, count the losses and move on. So I did. Soon, I've taken their capital and western settlement. Surprisingly, it wasn't enough because they amassed another two stacks throwing them towards Philadelphia. Well, at that time I got another full stack ready for them, so I dispatched the two armies one-by-one and then combined the battered remnants of that stack with decimated Philadelphia defenders creating another full-stack with almost full numbers and two my best generals with a lot of dread and command, king and heir. Well, as a sort of punishment I dispatched their another stack and placed my army near Ankyra. Then, I thought about something funny - they have two settlements now, citadel to the east being capital which they've captured from rebels and Ankyra. Let's send a diplomat! And so I did. I demanded that they give Ankyra to me and in return I give them cease fire and trade rights. Proposal balance 'very demanding' - but still they ate the crap they've made by defying my mighty conquest and agreed. I moved my fullstack army there and managed to not get the city rioting on high taxes. Not too bad. Then, I send the diplomat to get a ceasefire with Seljuks and Byzantines. Both agreed. Then, I allied the Byzantines, Moors and Egypt since I don't like when random neutral factions touch my ports and wage war for no reason. After that, I have send the diplomat to Turks again threatening them to break the peace and attack them, unless they become my vassal. Proposal balance 'very demanding', but still they were bold enough to agree and don't insult me (A well considered offer, Sadiq! rofl ). Now, I don't know what will be my vassal cash revenues since I made a savegame after that.

So far, what's wrong with PDER/XCAI/XBAI:

- battle AI has been very competent so far, the only thing I didn't like when their army in one settlement defense was spread out from gates to the opposite end of settlement and their general + few militias were 'going for a walk' outside city gates, taking an arrow shower, moving back to settlement, going out again, taking shower (sic!), moving back and then finally deciding to stay inside as I got angered by them and just rushed with everything that I had, including archers, to melee onto ladders
    - another XBAI minor annoyance is that I was able to lure out entire enemy army that was on defensive waiting for me with single horse archer unit ... just drop one AI soldier dead and the fools with follow you onto the trap ... it was tougher on a bridge battle but I was still able to lure them out onto bridge trap peppering them down with fire and normal arrows, javelins and then making cavalry charge ripping through them on mass rout ... funny not if you think they could've stayed on the hills instead since they had 2.5x more missile troops and could make a pincushion out of my army (well, their horse archers didn't really enter the bridge and dealt noticeable casualties on my bridge army, so it wasn't that bad, yet still they change from offensive to defensive without any real sort of consideration)
    - last XBAI annoyance popping in my head .. the way AI uses it's melee cavalry in defense sieges is annoying at times, often they will line up them near broken gates and just let me slaughter them not retreating/attacking with them once the gates are breached
    - factions wage nonsensical wars very often by blocking a port of factions from another end of the map (sic!) - example : Scotland vs Portugal, Scotland vs Spain, Denmark vs Spain, Sicily vs Armenia, England vs Portugal, France vs Sicily
    - factions make a nonsensical net of alliances spamming them but not taking into account their geographical positions and future expansion priorities, in short they don't make beneficial alliances but instead ally with everyone like last fools and then one war suddenly breakes around 5-6 alliances dumping down a reputation of AI factions quite fast
    - AI factions have way too much money, per-settlement script is exaggerated (+2000 cash for citadel? rofl ... in BC you had money boosts per settlement of +300 to +1000 and yet some factions could field around 200 stacks (sic!) within first 150 turns of the game)

What so far I liked:

- dynamic, if not always too smart, diplomacy, realistic offer-demand ratio (Byzantines and Seljuks didn't want a peace until they saw I'm no longer a king of petty kingdom but rising middle east superpower, I didn't even had to bribe them, they agreed without complaint and didn't send any stupid threats 'money or we attack')
    - dynamic battle AI always doing something, how it handles ranged troops, especially mobile troops like horse archers is simply amazing (it's so competent I actually use my horse archers most of the time over 'AI control' in another group)
    - AI will usually retreat when it's taking a percent ratio beating and I take minimal losses (my losses 3%, theirs 13%, there were a bit less of them they started retreating, but then I send my horse archers to charge down their infantry, I encountered nasty surprise because they stopped and started firing on my horse archers, and once they were decimated they moved to the edge of the map and vanished, haha)
    - AI is quite good in defensive sieges, effectively delaying their death, making me take good casualties from tower fire, peppering me with arrows and javelins
    Last edited by Achilla; June 01, 2009 at 04:45 AM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

if installed properly will have the XAI logo on the opening screen
    okay, i had the bad installer...

now it's good. i suicide, and come back later...

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

Tobi, you are not very descriptive. What did you install it in? Trust me if it was installed right you would be having many more losses. Do you have Io files first? If you look at the stickied tutorial..you will learn how to install it properly. Also the PDER version if installed properly will have the XAI logo on the opening screen.

I have taken today off sorry.
    I know I know ... but i have so much work to do afk, that i couldn't comment everything like, i intended ...
    But it works ! And now after 3 Test-Battles i have to say it works great !!! It is quite hard to
    stay against the AI if your aren't completely focused on what your are doing in battle ...
    The first test i tokk another map, and placed my army on a really high mountain, so it cannot count ...
    but it was your Ai and i really had only 20% losses ...
    ------------------------
    Now on the second Test I tested British against French again, but gave myself 3 archers, Ai got 2,
    therefore a troop "voulgary"(don't remember correct spelling) - So bothe armies had

1 General
    2 Knights Hospitallar
    2 Lancers (British) / 2 mailed Knights (french)
    3 Swordsmen / 3 xxx .. it is the same unit in blue ...
    2 dismopunted chivalric / english knights
    3 Longbow/ 2Scotsmen archers
    2 feudal spearmen

and the french got 1 voulgary as i said ... so every Army has now exact the same amount of soldiers,
    and the same structure of units, instead of the 3. archer of the french ... because i wanted to force them to attack quickly ...

So i tried a battle on the map Pavia 2 times:

#1 Result was 36 to 99% of losses - what's like that, what i've expected of this XAI, but then ...
    #2 Result was 53!!! to 99% losses (incl. allmost every Cav.Unit only 11 men of my general-garde left) I never had such hard fight against Vanilla-AI in the last turn of a year ... for sure ... (the last time i lost a battle against that, what CA calls an AI was in the FkoC-Mod, which i really love for many reasons ...)

It felsl like your are playing against human opponent ! the Ai is reforming there troops a
    because of the relocation of a spearmen troop for example you are really forced to also relocate
    and restructure your formations and you are also mor forced to react in the "Stone-Paper-Scissors"-way
    - I love that ! But furtheremore i have to try out the Campaign AI and behavior ...

But 1 question: is there any specific bug known, why XAI works fine, but no BB4.0 and no stone forts are seen on map ??? Cause i can't fin any stone forts on the map ...
    and blood ? nowhere ...

And thank You for that wonderfull AI !!!

EDIT: so sumamry of Errors or whatever:

- I can not recognize any stoneforts, also i can't build any forts ...
    - here's no blood in battles
    - pikemen and hellebardiers (including this french unit vaungary or whatever) only move slow: they are simply walking,
    while all other parts of the AI army is running ... so depending on the position you located your army,
    these units never reach battlefield before the fight is allmost done ... quite useless and annoying ... ;-)
    Last edited by tobi_808; May 31, 2009 at 04:47 PM.

TOBI.. you didn't download the self installer did you? look in the Pro Deo Et Rege folder, on my download page..

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

http://files.filefront.com/XAI34for+...einfo.html/1/1
    no i downloaded the right installer ...
    size: exact 34.134.519 bytes , name: XAI3.4for_PDER1.0afull.exe
    and yes i downloaded it twise, to be sure ...

- question: can the error accure, when you start the game once to make only 1 battle,
    and after that install XAI3.4, like I did ?
    because the Map of PDER is generated, when you start your first battle or campaign ...

Quote Originally Posted by tobi_808 View Post
    http://files.filefront.com/XAI34for+...einfo.html/1/1
    no i downloaded the right installer ...
    size: exact 34.134.519 bytes , name: XAI3.4for_PDER1.0afull.exe
    and yes i downloaded it twise, to be sure ...

- question: can the error accure, when you start the game once to make only 1 battle,
    and after that install XAI3.4, like I did ?
    because the Map of PDER is generated, when you start your first battle or campaign ...
    You did patch the game to 1.0a right. What directory did you point the installer too. Do you get the XAI on the loading screen? Also there are a couple of things you can do. There is a text directory under the data folder. Delete all *.bin files. Maybe there is a conflict with one of the text files.

The installer is setup to be installed in the pder directory.

BBB 4.0 is in there. What kind of sign are you looking for? if the Generals and family members have a supplied trait then it is working. Make sure you have restarted a campaign, after installing XAI

I made an error on the stone forts in the file, it is a simple fix. Read above you will find it!!

Thank you guys for the feedback..I am reading it! I doubt I will have 100% time to acknowledge it all this week. I will be pretty busy. I will try though.

Quick note to Achilla: Nonsensical..Ha that statement is nonsensical..you just haven't seen the reason yet You are not liked as Armenia..it wasn't random ! Either your Faction Standing or your Global Standing went down, to the country that did it....trust me. I have minimums on that..and if you see it you might ask yourself why!?

Please try and Keep track of the Vassal revinues if possible..and also if they become stagnate!!
    Last edited by xeryx; May 31, 2009 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    Ok, time for my feedback on restarted Armenia campaign, turn 1 to turn 45 (the moment I stopped, continuing later).

Note: I have removed stakes and forts so won't comment on these. I have also reduced ridiculous upkeep of 450 to 150 for turkish javelin cavalry and edit descr_strat so Armenian heir got some normal level of loyalty. I believe disloyal heir succumbing to rebels and old king soon to die perfectly unable Armenia to expand and conquer if it's played by AI. Again EDU needs fixing.

Now, my campaign. (VH/VH, Armenia)

[...]
    Quick note (PDER balance issue)

a) AI has way too much money from cash settlement scripts, it doesn't use around 90% of it's money in first game turns, later it just gets worse and worse
    b) Too much money from trade! Way, way too much! Settlement growth by trade is ridiculous too, I have some settlements with 9% growth now! Jesus!
    c) too high recruitment priorities for cavalry and too low for infantry cause skirmish cavalry - heavy factions to be way less effective and dangerous over auto-resolve and too easy to counter with wall of foot archers in actual fight
    d) unit costs and upkeeps are quite nonsensical as of now (notice the upkeep comparison of local peasants)

Promised screenshots of my campaign (so far, to be continued)

Lol? Since when my Armenian newborn is of Byzantine blood !? I have no bastards on my royal line, noobs!

Last edited by Achilla; June 02, 2009 at 07:00 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast