Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Map

Default Re: The Map

Hey guys, love the mod. Great that it scales down rtw into a mini-map. But please, when 1.0 is released, include islands like Rhodes, as well as parts of Turkey. That would make the game even better. Also maybe include some cities in Italy and Scisily(spelling). There is a naval issue though, and I'm not sure if you purposely did it or not, but no one seems to recruit ships. Thanks

debux's Avatar Senator

Gee, that sounds so easy, why not do it?

If you're gonna post something about this mod, you better read the "stickies" to know about the mod. It has been talked, even in this thread, how much of the map will finally be in the game and why.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

No need to be rude. Granted, this would be a seperate mod (peloponnesian war) but it does sound just like what he suggested and it is being discussed by the team members. Map by Athkara.

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

any idea when the added factions n stuff will be released, cheers

No ETA yet. Speaking for myself, I've been too busy with real life work to coordinate things lately, but work on the map is progressing slowly but surely, and beyond that we've got most things finished (with only Thessaly lagging a bit behind on the development area).

debux's Avatar Senator

Is there a way we can help?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

ohh ok cheers man

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Seleucos of Olympia View Post
    (with only Thessaly lagging a bit behind on the development area).
    Eh? I uploaded the units didn't I?

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Mmmh...yes I'm quite sure you did!

Agrez's Avatar Civis

hi guys i can help for helmets art or i can find helmets from internet. i live in greece i know how the greeks was. anyway i like your mod much if i can help tell me plz.and you really should add the corinthian helmet to greek wars because whole greece was using it.btw nice mod better from roma surectum 2. nice work guys

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    Eh? I uploaded the units didn't I?
    Oh, I must have missed them in the latest test version I have on my PC. I'll download them again and see to their UI cards.

Thanks gagonious but I think we've got the helmets department covered (unless you can help with creating 3D models for them). I also live in Greece.

My favourite mod for RTW, I love playin it mate
    Signature and Avatar created by ceylankral (give him rep )

Libertus

hi, i think that ilia was xalled triphilia (not sure) and lepreum was its capital (it was the only city of triphilia that sent troops to plataiai

The region that is today called Elia was divided into three provinces in antiquity: Coele Elia in the north, Pisatis in the center and Triphylia in the south. We've included that distinction in the mod and you can see in the existing version that Lepreum is the capital of Triphilia.

Great one

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

Why dont you extend the map to all of Greece?

debux's Avatar Senator

They are doing that, or have done it already. As seen here (although from what I know, it has been expended a bit more to the north). It's also possible to see to what extent the map goes in the previews for Macedon and Epirus. I believe these two last preview are similar to what will be released in the next version, 1.0

Your map is looking good. But how do you manage to attach a port directly to a city? I never got that working and had always at least one space inbetween.

Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphos View Post
    Your map is looking good. But how do you manage to attach a port directly to a city? I never got that working and had always at least one space inbetween.
    Thanks! To be honest, I never knew this was a problem until you brought it up just now. In the vanilla map, Rhodes' port is adjacent to the city as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12