Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-FINAL

hi did any one change courland into a 5 slot city?

Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    hi did any one change courland into a 5 slot city?
    Not me, you've got a problem?

I was trying to convert a minor city into a 4 slots city, but I was unsuccessful . The tutorial also works in situations like this? Is there anything else that I need to know to make this conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdofilo View Post
    I was trying to convert a minor city into a 4 slots city, but I was unsuccessful . The tutorial also works in situations like this? Is there anything else that I need to know to make this conversion?
    It's the same procedure only you need this spreadsheet where I've added the calculations of the grids for a 4 slot major city.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It's the same procedure only you need this spreadsheet where I've added the calculations of the grids for a 4 slot major city.
    Thanks for sharing that file .
    I followed the tutorial, step-by-step, and I used the new coordinates given by the spreadsheet for a 4 slot city. But, I don't know why, I have a CTD when I try to start a new campaign .
    I want to convert "Goa" in a major city with 4 slots, and I'm trying to use the slots from the city of "Lahore". Anyone else tried to do something similar with success?

Thanks for sharing that file .
    I followed the tutorial, step-by-step, and I used the new coordinates given by the spreadsheet for a 4 slot city. But, I don't know why, I have a CTD when I try to start a new campaign .
    I want to convert "Goa" in a major city with 4 slots, and I'm trying to use the slots from the city of "Lahore". Anyone else tried to do something similar with success?
    If you don't find the problem compress startpos.esf and regions.esf, upload in a hosting server (e.g. mediafire.com) and post here the link so I can check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    If you don't find the problem compress startpos.esf and regions.esf, upload in a hosting server (e.g. mediafire.com) and post here the link so I can check it out.
    Thanks for the support . Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yogzoyl3moj.
    You deserve a rep+ .

Thanks for the support . Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yogzoyl3moj.
    Birdofilo that was an odyssey! At first I have to say that your work was very methodical and I really enjoyed your organized files.

I found a mistake in cai building slots of Goa (2791, 2792, 2793) where you had enter Lahore's cai settlement Id (like giving them to Lahore). I don't know if you had done that in an attempt to solve the problem but you should have changed only Lahore's cai building slots which you took for Goa (as you had done correctly). After that the odyssey started for almost 4 hours full of crashes and CTD's ! And it was so simple! You had written ordenance_factory as an ordnance building! I corrected the mistake and...

Now we are.. cool again !

I've uploaded only the startpos.esf here as the other files are O.K. I should also suggest to complete the unlocking of Portugal. See here in modifications section and make the rest of the changes.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 29, 2009 at 07:25 PM.

Thank you!!!!
    I don't know how to express my gratitude ! I would give you 1000 rep+ if I could. Thanks !!!
    So, the origin of the problem was a grammatical error .

Now I'm going to finish my mini mod to unlock Portugal. I think this tutorial is going to be useful to make a small change that I would like to see in my mod. Basically I want to move the university to north, and then and move the nearest farm to its original position:

Wish me good luck .
    Last edited by Birdofilo; August 30, 2009 at 07:13 AM.

Thank you!!!!
    I don't know how to express my gratitude ! I would give you 1000 rep+ if I could. Thanks !!!
    So, the origin of the problem was a grammatical error .

Now I'm going to finish my mini mod to unlock Portugal. I think this tutorial is going to be useful to make a small change that I would like to see in my mod. Basically I want to move the position of the university and move the nearest farm to its original position:

Wish me good luck .
    I wish you the best of luck because you'll need it! Although you might know it, the building slots of these facilities are in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT and in CAI_WORLD_REGIONS_SLOT. In C_W_B_SLOT you won't see the settlement ID but in it's place the C_W_R_SLOT ID.

This tutorial needs to be updated because the new patch introduced some changes in the "startpos.esf" (for example, CAI settlement ID is not the same).

I'm having here a bad time trying to convert again Goa in a major city...

This tutorial needs to be updated because the new patch introduced some changes in the "startpos.esf" (for example, CAI settlement ID is not the same).

I'm having here a bad time trying to convert again Goa in a major city...
    As I've noted in the post with the changes, CAI Id's are +1 from those of 1.3 patch, so is totally +2 from the table with the Id's. If you want to be sure you can find in CAI_WORLD_FACTION/CAI_FACTION the capital region CAI Id (6th line and the one before last), then with this Id go in CAI_WORLD_REGION/CAI_REGION and find the settlement CAI Id (3rd line).

i got a questions: Is it still the 10th and 11th row in the siegable garrison for the coordinates? Or 11th and 12th? (they look more alike).

Ok, stupid question, they still are.
    the 12th is UInt, not Int....
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; September 25, 2009 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    i got a questions: Is it still the 10th and 11th row in the siegable garrison for the coordinates? Or 11th and 12th? (they look more alike).

Ok, stupid question, they still are.
    the 12th is UInt, not Int....
    That's right. I don't know if you use AOR in your mod but have in mind that some regions do not allow to add recourse (CTD on first turn hit) but you can change an existing. E.g. in RTI 3 french_guiana.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

I'll try to change Valletta to a Major Settlement...
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

If you follow the tutorial you will do it. The numbers (Id's) are different after 1.4 patch but the procedure is the same. If any problem post and I'll help you out. Good lack!

Can't I just copy the building_slot into the other regions array? Instead of deleting them there and adding them there with entering the entries again?

Can't I just copy the building_slot into the other regions array? Instead of deleting them there and adding them there with entering the entries again?
    I think you have to change more entries in this way buy yes you can do it. Personally I delete them and assign the cai slots of deleted building in the remaining government building (one building with 4 or 5 cai records). In this way I can check the downgrade starting the campaign, since the next checking point will be at the end of the procedure (actually there is none). So if a mistake has happened is easier to spot it.

sorry for continuing to spam your beatiful thread, but:
    Should one not convert the not-deleted Region Slot Entry to settlement_minor?
    (and the building to a one fitting that slot)
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; September 28, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

sorry for continuing to spam your beatiful thread, but:
    Should one not convert the not-deleted Region Slot Entry to settlement_minor?
    (and the building to a one fitting that slot)
    I think it works either type. I prefer the settlement_government since it has more levels for development and I think recruits more types of units.