Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    So the thing is: All the integer ID numbers are probably linking the slot to other things like settlement, AI entries, line of sight and so on and until we know all of them there's no chance of successfully adding a slot that the AI can handle.
    We (me and demis14) are working for some time now on startpos records. We know already a lot about these ID's and how connected each other inside CAI and between CAI and the rest of startpos file and also the regions.esf. The usual que is building slot, settlement, region, faction, trade posts, government, connectivity, armies, and so on. CAI_INTEFACE is a summary of startpos and regions files with entries connected to every single element of the game. But there are a lot more to decode with entries and tables. We have left unattached the CAI records which has to do with the canpain AI. This is the hardcore of a real AI modding...

Alpaca, I also believe that CAI likes changes but not adding new records. And I am searching more about this. But when I am thinking what actually happens with the exit bug I have serious doubts. So when you exit the game or in game menu what the game engine is doing? It doesn't save the game, this happens only if the player saves or when you hit turn button and the auto save is created. It probably close all the routines that need for the game running without interesting on saving changes. From the other hand, if the issue is a missing record or connectivity among records how the game is played normally, (upgrades the new buildings, saves and loads games, etc.)?
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 14, 2009 at 01:09 PM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    We (me and demis14) are working for some time now on startpos records. We know already a lot about these ID's and how connected each other inside CAI and between CAI and the rest of startpos file and also the regions.esf. The usual que is building slot, settlement, region, faction, trade posts, government, connectivity, armies, and so on. CAI_INTEFACE is a summary of startpos and regions files with entries connected to every single element of the game. But there are a lot more to decode with entries and tables. We have left unattached the CAI records which has to do with the canpain AI. This is the hardcore of a real AI modding...

Alpaca, I also believe that CAI likes changes but not adding new records. And I am searching more about this. But when I am thinking what actually happens with the exit bug I have serious doubts. So when you exit the game or in game menu what the game engine is doing? It doesn't save the game, this happens only if the player saves or when you hit turn button and the auto save is created. It probably close all the routines that need for the game running without interesting on saving changes. From the other hand, if the issue is a missing record or connectivity among records how the game is played normally, (upgrades the new buildings, saves and loads games, etc.)?
    When you exit it probably shuts down the UI, not sure what else

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

I noticed something strange...

I converted Virginia into a major city with all the Culture, Army, Navy, Ordanance, and Goverment slots just as you did instructed in the tutorial. I also made Williamsburg the capital city of the USA. Usual when playing as the USA, only philidelphia gets to have The House of Representitives, but when you make Virginia the Capital city, Williamsburg gets it and Phili doesn't, so does that mean special buildings are tied into capital cities?. Also, Williamsburg's fortifacations are not showing up correctly (there not shown on the campain map, and I have double checked the regions file twice).

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    I noticed something strange...

I converted Virginia into a major city with all the Culture, Army, Navy, Ordanance, and Goverment slots just as you did instructed in the tutorial. I also made Williamsburg the capital city of the USA. Usual when playing as the USA, only philidelphia gets to have The House of Representitives, but when you make Virginia the Capital city, Williamsburg gets it and Phili doesn't, so does that mean special buildings are tied into capital cities?. Also, Williamsburg's fortifacations are not showing up correctly (there not shown on the campain map, and I have double checked the regions file twice).

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    Yes, there is a condition in db about these buildings IfFactionCapitol. The fortification is actually there but for some reason it is the minor one, and is under the new major city. You can see in the attached pic the red marks. I haven't noticed that because personally I don't like fortifications but I'll check it.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Yes, there is a condition in db about these buildings IfFactionCapitol. The fortification is actually there but for some reason it is the minor one, and is under the new major city. You can see in the attached pic the red marks. I haven't noticed that because personally I don't like fortifications but I'll check it.
    Actually those conditions don't work afaik. There's a true/false switch I think I called "unique" in the column title

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

hi
    i'm trying to modify new orleans and i don't know whats ment by step 2 line 10 (x) and line 11 (y) and put those values in b5 and c5?
    what is b5 and c5?
    did any one change new orleans and naples?
    Last edited by major_payne; June 16, 2009 at 08:44 AM.

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    I cant fix New Orleans, the only thing i can think is its to close to the water

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

if yoiu can try it would be awsome
    I did, but im trying to fix it, because it looks like this. Im trying to move it just a little to see if it fixes, but all i get is CTD;s when i try to move it, so dont know

could you send me the files some how? i think i found a way to get the buildings back.
    or could you tell me step for step how to modify new orleans? i already did the buildings, but i don't know how to change the coordinates.

Well my saved game file will not work for you unless you are useing APE/TI mod, I can make it again using vanilla...if you want. Or i can explain to you better how to do coords? Up to you

could you send me the files and could you explain it to me.
    i think it would be best if you would explain it to me by sending a me a message. thanks for helping me!

Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    hi
    i'm trying to modify new orleans and i don't know whats ment by step 2 line 10 (x) and line 11 (y) and put those values in b5 and c5?
    what is b5 and c5?
    did any one change new orleans and naples?
    These are the cells of erasmus spread sheet which you have to use 2 times during the convertion. Just open the sheet (excel, open office spread sheet) and follow the instructions. Ask for any new difficulty. And Naples was mentioned in the forum that has been converted.

I did, but im trying to fix it, because it looks like this. Im trying to move it just a little to see if it fixes, but all i get is CTD;s when i try to move it, so dont know
    Louisiana is surrounding by models of houses that are met only around native American cities. Maybe the problem has to do with that. If you have play Louisiana without the convertion and there is a chance to remember how (and if) the houses were upgraded it would be very helpful.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 16, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

Erasmus777 (also known as the "mad moder") has found a clever way to bypass the false behaviour of CAI and get rid of the exiting bug. After the necessary trials the tutorial will be updated. Welldone erasmus777 +rep!
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 17, 2009 at 02:49 AM.

I fixed New Orleans...ill tell you how.

change this line from the natives to sc_european_americans

And you get this.

I fixed New Orleans...ill tell you how.

change this line from the natives to sc_european_americans
    [/spoiler]
    So, it was indeed the type of the surrounding buildings. Good job Burnoutfigs, +rep !

hi
    i just converted new orleans to a major city. i have 2 problems: the governors palace and city fortifications are not shown. can some one help me?
    +rep!! thanks again for this tutorial!!!!

anybody have plans to convert all the cities to major ones and release a startpos?

[quote=husserlTW;5381305] And Naples was mentioned in the forum that has been converted.

can i download a finished major city naples?

hi
    i just converted new orleans to a major city. i have 2 problems: the governors palace and city fortifications are not shown. can some one help me?
    This is because the city still has a minor city fortifaction instead of the major city fortification (you would be able to see it you removed the building slots, they are blocking it). I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but I am working on it

"Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

hi
    Check the entries in the region slot of the government building and the coordinates in regions.esf.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursisanafou View Post
    anybody have plans to convert all the cities to major ones and release a startpos?
    That's a long, long, long project... Any way at the moment can not be done because of the up to day knowledge about startpos and the lack of the modding tools that CA has announced.

And Naples was mentioned in the forum that has been converted. can i download a finished major city naples?
    Sorry I haven't Naples converted. Try the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    I don't know if this has been fixed yet, but I am working on it
    No it hasn't been fixed yet and any help is much welcome, pikemen!

hi hussler and pikeman,

i converted the city of new orleans and i even added unique buildings for louisiana. i took me a long time to finaly get everything right. i can't wait to play! thanks again for your help!!!