Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-FINAL

Hello,

I'm using Darthmod Custom 5.1, will this mod conflict at all with changing the city I want to a major one?

I'm trying to change "Georgia" into a major city. Tried about four times and still CTD when starting a new game.

I'm pretty sure i've followed the tutorial to the letter. Anyways I will try again hopefully I can make it work, and if I cannot can I ask you to take a look for me? Ill post my most recent attempt here. Thanks.

Very much appreciated;

M.P.

EDIT: Here is the link to my regions.esf, and startpos.esf ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?11lwylyneim thanks for any help

EDIT#2: I got it working using Rumelia as the downgrade, wonder what was wrong with Venice anyways thanks for the awesome mod Gerogia as a 5 slot city should provide an intresting experiance .
    Last edited by MiliadroPeacraft; January 30, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiliadroPeacraft View Post
    Hello,

I'm using Darthmod Custom 5.1, will this mod conflict at all with changing the city I want to a major one?

I'm trying to change "Georgia" into a major city. Tried about four times and still CTD when starting a new game.

I'm pretty sure i've followed the tutorial to the letter. Anyways I will try again hopefully I can make it work, and if I cannot can I ask you to take a look for me? Ill post my most recent attempt here. Thanks.

Very much appreciated;

M.P.

EDIT: Here is the link to my regions.esf, and startpos.esf ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?11lwylyneim thanks for any help

EDIT#2: I got it working using Rumelia as the downgrade, wonder what was wrong with Venice anyways thanks for the awesome mod Gerogia as a 5 slot city should provide an intresting experiance .
    I've checked your file and I didn't find the problem. In these cases it means that either is a small error like a grammatical or alphabetical one difficult to be spotted, or an accidental one which is almost impossible to find it since you don't know that you've made it. Regions.esf was good.

Thanks for looking it over. I still don't really understand it either, however it is working now, I think it had to do something with Venice's code. Well regardless it's working. Now I need to add a port haha, should be easy enough.

This sure was a time consuming mod but really awesome. Nice work on the tutorial and tools, they are a total life saver!

Best regards;

M.P.

I know I must sound like a massive moron but the instructions made literally no sense to me (sorry :S my fault not yours). So I was wondering if any of you hiveminds could make the files that I need to make Lower Louisiana into a 5 slot capital city (possibly with one of those special prestige buildings) and host them so I could DL them please? I'd be very greatful. Thank you.

Last time I tried to mess around with esfeditor I had to redownload the entire ETW game lol so I'd reluctant to go back. Also as a side note are there any mods that allow you to play Grand Campaign in multiplayer like Civ IV etc?

2 questions : 1st how i can add a farm in Austria Region and how i can make Presburg(hungary) a 4-slot city???

Quote Originally Posted by Count von Orlok View Post
    2 questions : 1st how i can add a farm in Austria Region and how i can make Presburg(hungary) a 4-slot city???
    1. You can't.

2. Follow tutorial.

Utereg's Avatar Laetus

I want to change Utrecht as univeristy to a big city and Amsterdam to a university. How to do that?
    And must I start a new game and save it? And use that? Where are my save games ?

The only thing you can do is changing the names in loclisation_loc and thus what name should be appeared in game, you cannot actually make the change because the one is a city and the other a town. Below you can see the entries and in Bold the changes you have to make.

start_pos_settlements_onscreen_name_settlementamsterdam88 / Amsterdam / False
    start_pos_settlements_onscreen_name_settlementamsterdam330 / Amsterdam / False
    campaign_map_towns_and_ports_onscreen_name_townutrecht / Utrecht / False

Utereg's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    The only thing you can do is changing the names in loclisation_loc and thus what name should be appeared in game, you cannot actually make the change because the one is a city and the other a town. Below you can see the entries and in Bold the changes you have to make.

start_pos_settlements_onscreen_name_settlementamsterdam88 / Amsterdam / False
    start_pos_settlements_onscreen_name_settlementamsterdam330 / Amsterdam / False
    campaign_map_towns_and_ports_onscreen_name_townutrecht / Utrecht / False
    Ah ok, thats pity . Then I will do that, its only not geopgrahpy good, doesn't matter.

Thank you for your reaction

Hi, thanks for this great tutorial. I tried to make Cologne a 5-slot city borrowing Venice slots, I followed every step but it crashes when I select Start Campaign. It starts to charge the campaign, but when it's about 1/5 it crashes.

BTW, I don't use the vanilla startpos.esf, I use the All factions (but emergent ones) playable startpos.

These are the files I edited.regions.esf and startpos.esf

Thank you for this great tutorial HusserlTW.

I followed your instructions and managed to convert naples to major city and St. Petersburg to a minor one. However, I failed to overcome one thing. As you can see in the attached picture, no building is shown on the campaign map in St. Petersburg, although The Magistrate is already built. I re-checked all the steps again and again, I could not find anything. I am missing something. I appreciate any help..
    Thanks in advance..

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Thanks HussarITW. Can you do a more comprehensive guide to changing forms of government? I know there is one thread on it but it is extremely short and just a response to someone asking how to change to a Republic. It doesn't explain changing from CM to AM and vice-versa.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Hello to all,

I found out the problem. During the convertion, I also changed the coordinates of the government building in St. Petersburg which I shouldn't.

I copied the original coordinates from the original startpos.esf and the issue is solved.

On the other hand I have another question in mind. Does it make any difference in AI behavior (about upgrading etc.), if we change the government building from magistrate to minor_magistrate or vice versa in cities converted to towns? (St. Petersburg in my convertion)

These buildings are in deferent group (government and minor_government) . They defer in available levels, units and income. I think government are better. Anyway if you change it in minor you have to make changes in coordinations and in regions.esf.

Thanks for the reply HussarlTW, I appreciate it.

hi i can't seem to get my head around how to do this. Whenever i think i have cracked it the games just crashes back to the start menu. would it be possible if i upload my save game that you would be able to change Dublin, Ireland to a major city for me?

No but I can check your files you've tried to mod and correct them. Put the startpos or the save game and the regions.esf in a folder, compress it and upload it in a free hosted server like filefront, mediafire, etc. and post here the link.

ok i think im getting through it now. it was the spreadsheets that i was having trouble with but seem t understand it now. However i do still have a problem. in step 3 where i have to change the settlement owner id i am having trouble locating the correct slots for the venice buildings. i can find 2070 but cannot locate the other 4, would this be because i deleted them in step 2 of 'major to minor'? did i delete the wrong part... i deleted the 4 settlements other than the govt. settlement.

ok i have just seen that there are 4 or 5 2078 some have 0 others have 1. i will change the ones with 0 and see if that works... in the mean time if im wrong let me now. ty........... hmm they have the wrong building slots numbers, maybe i''l just wait for reply.
    Last edited by Echtrae; June 04, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

As far I can understand you downgrade Venice with settlement Id 2078. If this is the case then the cai building slots you are looking for are 2075, 2074, 2073, and 2071. Check the 9 digit Id to be sure. 2077 and 2076 are roads and fortifications. 2072 is remaining government building in Venice which you do not have to touch.

k thanks will give it another go now