Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Total Guide

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default Re: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Faction Guide

Also remember that leaving the AI factions alone so that they can develop, makes for a more interesting game. Burn and blitz is always another option, but the guides do not address that style of play.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Quote Originally Posted by CamBovenzi View Post
    i play vh/vh as well. (although ive been using VanillaMod lately, which has some more minor changes and fixes)

yeah i guess relatively is a word of opinion.
    to me its relatively easy, compared to say Constantinople, or almost anyone else.
    arhus is probably the 2nd or 3rd easiest capitol to get to IMO
    a direct and fairly short searoute goes right to it.

My strategy of invading arhus would be an unexpected raid, rather than a fullout naval battle.
    a couple units of ships, and a 1/2 to 1 full stack of troops should get the job done safely, and easily enough.

infact i just did a test run, unmodded.
    not only was arhus conquered on turn 4, but so was paris.
    scotland destroyed on turn 5.

if you want to wait around a few turns to produce ballista's then you wont even have to wait the extra turn sieging.(and prevent the pope getting pissed)

You start of with such a large amount of troops,(and 2 naval units) that you can easily walk right into the danish capital, while stilling have enough left over to do as you please back in england/france/scotland.
    I made my guide adaptable to a state of war, not a state of Blitzkrieg. I dislike Blitzkrieg, but you obviously use that sort of tactics, so all I can say is have fun.

In addition to that, I would ask you also to stop showing disrespect to guide writers (Seen you do so in Rebel6666's guides too), we have worked hard for this, and if you would look at other posts you would see that you can show criticism at a respectful manner, not just go around yelling that you know better.

I'd show you the same respect if you had written a guide like this, but you haven't, you just like going around and criticizing them, I don't mind that, I WANT constructive criticism, but what you're doing here is purely disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince
    Also remember that leaving the AI factions alone so that they can develop, makes for a more interesting game. Burn and blitz is always another option, but the guides do not address that style of play.
    And a fellow guide writer supports this, I do not write my guides for Blitz, Blitz is really a very common method, but also a method I hate, so I don't write mine for Blitz.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

I have officially completed this guide and it has also been added to the Scriptorium (YAY), if you have anything new to add, please ask, and I will add it.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    I have officially completed this guide and it has also been added to the Scriptorium (YAY), if you have anything new to add, please ask, and I will add it.

Bravo for you work and effort my friend very nice work
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Thank you, very much. I think I will add a few more guides later on... Not now though.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Congrats on finishing it! I'll read through all of them when I have the time and post some faults when I see them...
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Snickster555's Avatar Libertus

This was really, helpful, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Congrats on finishing it! I'll read through all of them when I have the time and post some faults when I see them...
    As long as it is in a respectful manner

I made my guide adaptable to a state of war, not a state of Blitzkrieg. I dislike Blitzkrieg, but you obviously use that sort of tactics, so all I can say is have fun.

In addition to that, I would ask you also to stop showing disrespect to guide writers (Seen you do so in Rebel6666's guides too), we have worked hard for this, and if you would look at other posts you would see that you can show criticism at a respectful manner, not just go around yelling that you know better.

I'd show you the same respect if you had written a guide like this, but you haven't, you just like going around and criticizing them, I don't mind that, I WANT constructive criticism, but what you're doing here is purely disrespectful.

And a fellow guide writer supports this, I do not write my guides for Blitz, Blitz is really a very common method, but also a method I hate, so I don't write mine for Blitz.
    im very disappointed in your response. i liked some of your previous posts, and was hoping for more.

you claimed one thing, and i held a different opinion.

i made a comment and observation about the danish capitol not being very hard to get to.
    i did the test runs to support my opinion.
    You guys are construing some friendly discussion, debate, and criticism, as me being negative and out to get you.

i am not simply just a blitzer who rushes through the game, yet i can recognize that as one of the many effective strategies and styles.
    instead of telling everyone to (possibly wrongly) fear a certain faction, i wanted to discuss other ways of going about things in a positive and productive manner.
    rather than being a fortress of overpowering naval units, with an inaccessible capital city, i exposed the danes as a rather vulnerable faction in the early game.

I didnt realize these guides were just a big tea party about being politically correct, and worrying about everyone's feelings. here i came in thinking a guide was meant to help people, and to discuss and teach effective strategies for the actual playing of the game.
    I believe that open discussion with sometimes constructive criticism can be more productive than always just replying with a "nice job, good work, have a nice day" compliments.
    That being said, i still enjoyed reading your guide. gl on your future work.

Quote Originally Posted by CamBovenzi View Post
    im very disappointed in your response. i liked some of your previous posts, and was hoping for more.

you claimed one thing, and i held a different opinion.

i made a comment and observation about the danish capitol not being very hard to get to.
    i did the test runs to support my opinion.
    You guys are construing some friendly discussion, debate, and criticism, as me being negative and out to get you.

i am not simply just a blitzer who rushes through the game, yet i can recognize that as one of the many effective strategies and styles.
    instead of telling everyone to (possibly wrongly) fear a certain faction, i wanted to discuss other ways of going about things in a positive and productive manner.
    rather than being a fortress of overpowering naval units, with an inaccessible capital city, i exposed the danes as a rather vulnerable faction in the early game.

I didnt realize these guides were just a big tea party about being politically correct, and worrying about everyone's feelings. here i came in thinking a guide was meant to help people, and to discuss and teach effective strategies for the actual playing of the game.
    I believe that open discussion with sometimes constructive criticism can be more productive than always just replying with a "nice job, good work, have a nice day" compliments.
    That being said, i still enjoyed reading your guide. gl on your future work.

I have no problems with the fact you have a different opinion, and as we tried explaining, again and again, these guides are based on our opinion and about the way we like to play the game (Non blitz, let's give the AI a chance, shall we?).
    I have a problem with your disrespect in your comments, and they are drenched with it.

I agree, that CONSTRUCTIVE criticism can be a good thing, but I also agree that constructive criticism should be pronounced as such, in a respectful manner, and not just declaring everyone is wrong.

Anyways, I'm moving on.
    Anyone has any ideas on what new guides should I add here?

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I would say let's keep our heads cool (and keep it friendly).
    Maybe add a naval strategy guide ?
    Are you going to do the same for Kingdoms ?

Edit : I would like to suggest making it as a word document and save it asap, when your comp gets a blackout you'll at least have a back-up.
    Last edited by Radboud; June 15, 2009 at 03:36 AM.

It doesn't matter, this is already in the TWC system backup. So I don't really need to make a backup anymore.
    Anyways, why should I do a naval guide? M2TW's navy isn't that hard to understand...

It doesn't matter, this is already in the TWC system backup. So I don't really need to make a backup anymore.
    Anyways, why should I do a naval guide? M2TW's navy isn't that hard to understand...
    2. You covered most other things and I couldn't think of something else.

Maybe I'll cover trading, or agents... Maybe resources... Or maybe I'll just open up a stategy guide on blitzing or slow playing. For now, I'm taking a rest. I got 1 more test to study to, and then I have 3 months off school...

Adding a new guide: "Getting Ready for War!"
    Will complete it in the next few days.

EDIT: Writing of the new guide has come to an abrupt halt, I must study.
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; June 19, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

Lack of time on my part - I canceled my newest trial - How to Prepare for War. It will not be shown here just yet.

No worries my friend school is much more important, take care of that and then take care of the rest
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Miles

It's rather embarassing that we have to refrain from successful strategies in order to even make it seem as if the computer have a chance. CA, shame on you!

SHAME!

Quote Originally Posted by Fakir View Post
    It's rather embarassing that we have to refrain from successful strategies in order to even make it seem as if the computer have a chance. CA, shame on you!

SHAME!
    You can dowload mods to spice the game up, you know.

Aye. Mods help.