Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Total Guide

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Re: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Faction Guide

Due to the fact TWCenter shut down and got an extreme database error, my Turkish guide has been deleted
    I will work on it again... I hope to get it back soon enough...
    (For more info, go HERE)
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

To your question from page 4, i saw a black box from left to right.

Had to remove the "Legend" in order to fix it...
    Anyways, I'll be done with Turkey shortly.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Miles

I am trying to understand your reasoning that the Mongols are "Completely superior to you in all fields" when playing as the Russians.

I'm aware of the fact that the Mongols are an immense threat to any faction, and especially to the eastern ones because of their location. However, it's important to make distinctions when comparing capabilities. The player can decide whether or not the Mongols will vastly outnumber them or not - but fact remains that Russia's units are, in fact, better than the Mongol ones.

None of the Mongols' missile cavalry can match Russia's Dvor Cavalry, which is the best missile cavalry in the game, and should long be available to you by the time you would be facing the Mongols. Even if you prefer fast, light horse archers, then Russia's Cossack Cavalry (which I can't personally recommend too highly) are still better than the household Mongolian Horse Archers. Russia's Tsar's Guard are stronger than their heavy cav, except the Khan's Guard, with which they are on par.

As for infantry, the Dismounted Dvor can out-shoot and out-fight both the dismounted Mongol Heavy Archers and Mongol Infantry - especially if you've given them an armour upgrade, which is easy to do since it's at Armourer level.

As Russia, it is entirely feasible to face a full Mongol army in the open - if you should be so lucky and they aren't all clumped together, reinforcing one another to your exhaustion.

And as a bonus... you will love watching a few groups of Dvor Cavalry in a cantabrian dance-off against the Mongolian missile cav, and seeing the Mongol side dropping like flies. Not even their heavy archers will stand it, I promise.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Uhm, why is there a massive black box in the middle of the Sicily campaign?
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Darkpriest667's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    Work on the Turks will be finished shortly.

good thats who i have been waiting for.. my favorite faction :-)
    In God we trust, all others we monitor - NSA motto
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock
    CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    MOBO:ASrock Fatal1ty p67 professional series
    RAM: Gskill 16380MB @ 1600mhz
    GPU: XFX 6970 2048MB
    PSU: Corsair TX850M
    CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
    HDD: 2 x Samsung F3 spinpoint 1TB each
    ODD: Asus DVD Burner 22x

I am trying to understand your reasoning that the Mongols are "Completely superior to you in all fields" when playing as the Russians.

I'm aware of the fact that the Mongols are an immense threat to any faction, and especially to the eastern ones because of their location. However, it's important to make distinctions when comparing capabilities. The player can decide whether or not the Mongols will vastly outnumber them or not - but fact remains that Russia's units are, in fact, better than the Mongol ones.

None of the Mongols' missile cavalry can match Russia's Dvor Cavalry, which is the best missile cavalry in the game, and should long be available to you by the time you would be facing the Mongols. Even if you prefer fast, light horse archers, then Russia's Cossack Cavalry (which I can't personally recommend too highly) are still better than the household Mongolian Horse Archers. Russia's Tsar's Guard are stronger than their heavy cav, except the Khan's Guard, with which they are on par.

As for infantry, the Dismounted Dvor can out-shoot and out-fight both the dismounted Mongol Heavy Archers and Mongol Infantry - especially if you've given them an armour upgrade, which is easy to do since it's at Armourer level.

As Russia, it is entirely feasible to face a full Mongol army in the open - if you should be so lucky and they aren't all clumped together, reinforcing one another to your exhaustion.

And as a bonus... you will love watching a few groups of Dvor Cavalry in a cantabrian dance-off against the Mongolian missile cav, and seeing the Mongol side dropping like flies. Not even their heavy archers will stand it, I promise.
    It is very important, when fighting the Mongols, to assume they are completely superior to you on all fields, because they usually are. They have a much bigger army, if they take down more than two cities they are a pain to kill, they can be extremely powerful and I've seen them utterly decimate the Timruids, so yes, the Mongols are completely superior to you, UNLESS, you have been building up an army the entire game, which, as Russia, is almost impossible.

Update: Changed it back to Spoiler view. Fieldset and Legend did too much trouble.

Update: Changed it back to Spoiler view. Fieldset and Legend did too much trouble.
    Good, I like it much more this way.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

The world does not want me to submit the Turks guide, I had JUST finished it today and got a blackout, I managed to re-do it, and I got ANOTHER blackout.
    Sorry people, but I'm very frustrated. I will try again tomorrow, but I don't see this happening today, as I stated before, I want the guides to be written when I'm at my utmost best, I'm not. Not now.

The world does not want me to submit the Turks guide, I had JUST finished it today and got a blackout, I managed to re-do it, and I got ANOTHER blackout.
    Sorry people, but I'm very frustrated. I will try again tomorrow, but I don't see this happening today, as I stated before, I want the guides to be written when I'm at my utmost best, I'm not. Not now.
    WTF is hapenning with you and thoses black out's
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel6666 View Post
    WTF is hapenning with you and thoses black out's
    his comp sucks

Damn electricity went insane. Decided it doesn't like me or my house anymore.
    Asca, 2 things:
    1) My comp is good enough.
    2) Black outs =/= comp getting stuck? It means no electricity got to my house...

Damn electricity went insane. Decided it doesn't like me or my house anymore.
    Asca, 2 things:
    1) My comp is good enough.
    2) Black outs =/= comp getting stuck? It means no electricity got to my house...
    You must be pissed off for that, did you have to redo your guide?? If so my Sympathies
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel6666 View Post
    You must be pissed off for that, did you have to redo your guide?? If so my Sympathies
    You have no idea how much...
    Thank you.

Finalizing the Turks right now (Just so you know, ANOTHER blackout happened 10 minutes after I saved what I had already done for the Turks campaign... Lucky eh?)

Turks done, in addition I added another guide: How to Take Down the Mongols.

very nice guides.
    im a big fan of playing england. (archers are extremely entertaining for me. feels like you are getting "free" kills.)
    i didnt realize people thought of denmark as a big threat as much as you pointed out.

i dont think their danish capital is that inaccessible tho.
    a short little trip across the water, and you are standing in their home city.
    if you are not already at war with them, you shouldnt have to worry about naval problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CamBovenzi View Post
    very nice guides.
    im a big fan of playing england. (archers are extremely entertaining for me. feels like you are getting "free" kills.)
    i didnt realize people thought of denmark as a big threat as much as you pointed out.

i dont think their danish capital is that inaccessible tho.
    a short little trip across the water, and you are standing in their home city.
    if you are not already at war with them, you shouldnt have to worry about naval problems.
    What difficulty are you playing? My guides are for VH/VH, anything lower hardly applies.

Denmark LOVES invading England, and WILL invade England, so they are a threat no matter what.
    I consider their capital quite inaccessible because it's all relative, let's put it this way: It'd be much easier attacking Edinburgh than attacking Arhus, especially with the Danes roaming around the seas, it's not 'just a short trip', you have to worry about the enemy navies running around, make sure your navy is protected enough, you have to land your troops and hope you won't get attacked and even then, you have a trip to Arhus and a two turn siege at least... So yeah, it's relatively hard to get to it. (Key word RELATIVELY, don't take what I say in the broad spectrum of everything, it's all relative)
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; June 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

What difficulty are you playing? My guides are for VH/VH, anything lower hardly applies.

Denmark LOVES invading England, and WILL invade England, so they are a threat no matter what.
    I consider their capital quite inaccessible because it's all relative, let's put it this way: It'd be much easier attacking Edinburgh than attacking Arhus, especially with the Danes roaming around the seas, it's not 'just a short trip', you have to worry about the enemy navies running around, make sure your navy is protected enough, you have to land your troops and hope you won't get attacked and even then, you have a trip to Arhus and a two turn siege at least... So yeah, it's relatively hard to get to it. (Key word RELATIVELY, don't take what I say in the broad spectrum of everything, it's all relative)
    i play vh/vh as well. (although ive been using VanillaMod lately, which has some more minor changes and fixes)

yeah i guess relatively is a word of opinion.
    to me its relatively easy, compared to say Constantinople, or almost anyone else.
    arhus is probably the 2nd or 3rd easiest capitol to get to IMO
    a direct and fairly short searoute goes right to it.

My strategy of invading arhus would be an unexpected raid, rather than a fullout naval battle.
    a couple units of ships, and a 1/2 to 1 full stack of troops should get the job done safely, and easily enough.

infact i just did a test run, unmodded.
    not only was arhus conquered on turn 4, but so was paris.
    scotland destroyed on turn 5.

if you want to wait around a few turns to produce ballista's then you wont even have to wait the extra turn sieging.(and prevent the pope getting pissed)

You start of with such a large amount of troops,(and 2 naval units) that you can easily walk right into the danish capital, while stilling have enough left over to do as you please back in england/france/scotland.
    Last edited by CamBovenzi; June 13, 2009 at 03:06 PM.