Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Total Guide

Default Re: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Total Guide

the sheer amount of stacks camping at Novgorod is enough to make me not want to attempt taking it. So far everyone hates me and are waging war withe me. Victory is impossible unless i cheat alot at the that point so i quit.

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Quote Originally Posted by The1Unwanted View Post
    Are u ever going to create faction guides for newly added factions in mods? ( If u play mods and have the time afcourse).
    No, I'm not.
    Sorry Unwanted, but doing that is a gigantic project, and I will have to start a whole new guide for that, and I simply do not have the time, nor the expertise, to do that. (For exmaple, if I were only to make guides for TA:TW and SS6.1, I'd have to make well over 40 new guides (Late and Early for SS6.1), about 6 of the factions, I have not played long enough to actually create a guide for)
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; August 03, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Double A's Avatar person man

And this section is for Vanilla and Kingdoms not the mods, so there wouldn't be much of a point in putting it here
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Hey Nazgul, if you are playing a short campaign and vassals France and Scotland and own 15 provinces as England, would you win?

Also what's the difference between Spain and Portugal?
    Last edited by Double A; August 04, 2009 at 08:41 AM.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

Yes, you will win if the number of all the regions of your vassals, and your own, exceed the limit set by the rules.
    The main difference between them is that that there is no difference
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

I mean will you win if you have vassalized the factions you're supposed to kill?

I just looked at your guides for them and they're different in them. It says Portugal has strong HC but says Spain has strong HA's. Wait, they have HA's!?!
    Last edited by Double A; August 04, 2009 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I mean will you win if you have vassalized the factions you're supposed to kill?

I just looked at your guides for them and they're different in them. It says Portugal has strong HC but says Spain has strong HA's. Wait, they have HA's!?!
    HA? HC? I don't understand those weird abbreviations, sorry.

Anyway - The Portuguese and the Spanish roster are mostly, if not entirely, identical - Lots of cavalry archers with some good heavy infantry and strong bodyguard. Along with good Skirmishers, of course.

And to answer your question, I think you will win if you 'vassalized' () them, but I never checked that...
    To be honest, I don't bother meeting the victory requirements, I play for fun, and the fun ends when it says "You Won!".

The win screen makes me feel good that I crushed my foes to get where I am now.

And HA means Horse Archer and HC means Heavy Calvary. And HI means Heavy Infantry, LC means Light Calvary, and LI means light infantry.

The win screen makes me feel good that I crushed my foes to get where I am now.

And HA means Horse Archer and HC means Heavy Calvary. And HI means Heavy Infantry, LC means Light Calvary, and LI means light infantry.
    Are you sure in that case, that it wasn't the other way around? The Spaniards are supposed to have the better HC and the Portuguese the better HA... I will now check and modify accordingly.

No HC is Heavy Calvary and HA is Horse Archers. I'm 100% sure.

Anyway I'll go compare them in custom battle.

Is there any point in this thread anymore?
    Last edited by Double A; August 04, 2009 at 04:01 PM.

Okay, AA, thanks for pointing it out, I did some fine tuning and editing to my Portuguese and Spanish guides, they were a bit unclear but they are completely clear now.

The Spaniards and the Portuguese have exactly the same roster, mostly, they have only 2 cavalry archer units, who are, however, available very early on and are very effective.
    The Spaniards have superior heavy cavalry and archers while the Portuguese have better infantry and naval units.

Portugal has better naval units? I thought they were the exact same...

anyway, I looked and here's the difference:

Spain: S&B men, Tercio Pikemen, regular Arquebus, Gendarmes (later), Javelinmen, DCK

Portugal: Dismounted Portuguese Knights (better stats, earlier, BUT impetuous), Portuguese Arquebus, Lusitanian Javelinmen (better than regular javelinmen), Aventuros (better atk & def than Tercio BUT impetuous. What the hell would pikemen want to charge the enemy for?)

Quote Originally Posted by Farms in eco guide
    I have heard one advice, sadly, a stupid one, and I advise ALL of you not to heed it: "Do not build farms because they boost squalor", squalor can easily be countered by traits your generals have, tax level or improvements to your city, clogging down one of your best money production resources, farms, for stopping squalor is not ill advised, it will be your demise.
    Uhh...?

Anyway, I never knew that markets provided extra trade routes. I always though that they had only 10-20 florins return more than grain exchange and that was it.

About the Portugal vs. Spain thing: They are generally the same, AA.
    Er... Actually, I was wrong about the navy. Exactly the same sea roster.
    However - The Portuguese develop their navy far quicker, because their two starting settlements are cut off from one another, meaning they have to get to each other somehow.
    Also - If aligned with the Spaniards, they have no way to connect said two settlements... The Spaniards generally develop their navy far slower.

Uhh...?

Anyway, I never knew that markets provided extra trade routes. I always though that they had only 10-20 florins return more than grain exchange and that was it.
    Yes - Don't listen to that advice. Not building farms because they boost squalor is one of the worst things you could possibly do, squalor is easily solved by building a Town Hall, Inn, Tavern, Church and so on, and Farms give you a gigantic economic boost and a boost to health (As far as I remember), and yes, markets boost trade, by a lot.
    They supply more trade lanes on both land and sea and give you far better trade output.
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; August 04, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Right but the phrasing was wacked out.

But whenever I que a market it only shows 15 florins of extra money...

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    Also - If aligned with the Spaniards, they have no way to connect said two settlements... The Spaniards generally develop their navy far slower.
    Not if you're REALLY FAST. Take over Zaragoza, Valencia and the Moorish lands in Iberia and you have connected the two by land... But going through Spain's lands is faster and costs less...
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Not if you're REALLY FAST. Take over Zaragoza, Valencia and the Moorish lands in Iberia and you have connected the two by land... But going through Spain's lands is faster and costs less...
    Possibly.
    But I'm not counting on expert blitzing players, these guides are for people who are either new to the game or to certain factions, rather than the pros that can destroy anything in the blink of an eye

One settlement, or four... what to choose, what to choose...

Maybe you could trade Pampalona for Toledo? Wait hold that thought...

It really, REALLY, doesn't work.

Why does the AI value settlements more than everything other than military access? I tried trading Pampalona for Toledo as both factions and both times it was "very demanding"

Ok I was looking through Egypt and I think I found some errors (but it's an awesome guide anyway).

Here's what confuses me:

*Important! Expansion to the west will undoubtedly cause a war with either Sicily or the Moors, and keeping to the east will probably be the best choice, because there isn't much income in the east anyway.
    Alliances - Alliances with the Moors and Egypt would probably be the wisest things to do, but keeping the Pope happy will be just as good, Egypt is a gigantic crusade-beacon, and if you keep the Pope happy, he will be less likely to throw a crusade at you, but that's for your choice.
    Also there were no weak points for Egypt or the Crusaders

And if I'm just being annoying all you have to do is tell me to stop