Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546

Thread: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Total Guide

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Re: Nazgūl Killer's M2TW Total Guide

Happy to. Try to keep a priest (Or Imam, or Bishop... You know) in your armies, especially when going on Crusades. You'd be surprised how fast your general's piety (And chivalry) will rise with a priest in his army.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Double A's Avatar person man

Didn't know that about priests.

I believe the number of (male?) family members (inc. kids) you have is 1/2 the number of settlements. If you need another guy, go take a couple of cities.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    Try to keep a priest (Or Imam, or Bishop... You know) in your armies, especially when going on Crusades. You'd be surprised how fast your general's piety (And chivalry) will rise with a priest in his army.
    That's not true, keeping a priest in the army doesn't affects the chivalry of the general nor its piety whether on crusade or not. Keeping them however is extremely useful because immediately after conquering, those priests will help in converting the religion and thus lowering the religions unrest in the newly won crusade target or settlement.

During the crusade, completing certain goals, like joining, arriving in the crusading region etc do add piety and chivalry, like the crusader history trait.

It would be nice if having a high level priest with your army improved its speed on the campaign map- as the priest is literate, may speak latin and other languages so can talk to locals and members of same church - and may know how to get to various places eg via pilgrimage. He should also improve morale on the battlefield.

A priest joining crusaders is a terrible idea. Their movement speed doesn't double. Send them ahead or behind, but not with.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

That's not true, keeping a priest in the army doesn't affects the chivalry of the general nor its piety whether on crusade or not. Keeping them however is extremely useful because immediately after conquering, those priests will help in converting the religion and thus lowering the religions unrest in the newly won crusade target or settlement.
    Actually, keeping priests in your army does increase your general's piety over time. I do that very often with the more heretical ones. It just takes a while for certain traits to appear, but it's very much true from what I've seen so far. I also use them in my armies to fend off Witches (Pesky buggers those).

I believe spies influence your general's traits as well in your army, however that I haven't tried.

Actually, AA, I tend to keep them in my crusading armies because I rarely use crusades as just for the crusade. I create 2-3 crusading armies that go together, capture as many cities on the way as possible and replenish themselves via mercenaries. As such, movement tiles rarely affect my plans. I think long-term.
    However, if that city is very important for me, I will not put a priest in the army and instead send that army via the sea, so that I can take it first.
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; April 19, 2012 at 04:55 AM.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

jameseagle15's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post

During the crusade, completing certain goals, like joining, arriving in the crusading region etc do add piety and chivalry, like the crusader history trait.
    Actually Nazgul is right. I have found that my generals got a massive boost to piety and chivalry after having them in my army. Crusade or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitalkes View Post
    It would be nice if having a high level priest with your army improved its speed on the campaign map- as the priest is literate, may speak latin and other languages so can talk to locals and members of same church - and may know how to get to various places eg via pilgrimage. He should also improve morale on the battlefield.
    This can be easily modded if there is some condition to check if an army has a priest in it. It's been a while since i last did scripting so my memory is fuzzy and thus i'm not sure if such a condition exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    A priest joining crusaders is a terrible idea. Their movement speed doesn't double. Send them ahead or behind, but not with.
    Very true. Usually one should send them in advance if someone is planning a crusade.
    Actually, keeping priests in your army does increase your general's piety over time. I do that very often with the more heretical ones. It just takes a while for certain traits to appear, but it's very much true from what I've seen so far. I also use them in my armies to fend off Witches (Pesky buggers those).

I believe spies influence your general's traits as well in your army, however that I haven't tried.
    Well you clearly don't believe me, so you have forced me to post technical proof.

List of traits that boosts the piety of generals on campaign map are:

• PublicFaith (Levels: Religiously Proper, Religiously Minded, Religiously Devout & Pious Ruler)
    • TouchedByTheGods (Levels: Servant of Heaven, Dramatic Visions & Vision of Prophecy)
    • ForcedReligious (Levels: Conforming, Reverant & Godfearing)
    • CrusaderHistory (Levels: Crusader, Great Crusader & Grand Crusader)
    • JihadHistory (Levels: Holy Soldier, Holy Defender & Holy Warrior)
    • AdoredByPope (Levels: Respected by Pope, Adored by Pope & Exhalted by Pope) (Only applies on Faction leader, who completes papal mission by any means)
    • ReligiousActivity (Levels: Religious, Dutifully Religious, Religiously Active & Devoutly Religious)
    • ReligionStarter (A hidden trait that just gives +3 piety to any general that is born in that particular religion, only reason to give it, is because, they don't get pwned by any inquisitor easily. Also given randomly to auto pop generals that we see as adoption offerings or a notable suitor.)

And none of these traits are affected if there is a priest with that general. I can provide all the info on how to boost all of these traits but that's not what we're discussing about.

And about spies, that is also a myth, agents of any type don't affect the traits of the generals if kept with them, in the army that is. Only the actions of assassins and spies affect the traits of Faction leader. Like if the Faction leader uses many assassins in a successful way then pretty soon he will be called xyz "the Killer"<---An epithet gained from a trait called Master of Assassins, same for spies, Master of Espionage, giving him an epithet of "the Watcher".

Quote Originally Posted by jameseagle15 View Post
    Actually Nazgul is right. I have found that my generals got a massive boost to piety and chivalry after having them in my army. Crusade or not.
    See above.

jameseagle15's Avatar Civis

Still, I found that it worked. Anyway, I think if you have a priest in your army your more likely to get those traits.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Diplomats and merchants, if they camp a city with a general in it they affect his traits right?
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Quote Originally Posted by jameseagle15 View Post
    Still, I found that it worked. Anyway, I think if you have a priest in your army your more likely to get those traits.
    There's no technical evidence to back up your statement from the export_descr_character_traits.txt file. And this is the only file responsible for giving traits to characters unless of course you have scripted something through campaign_scirpt.txt file, which vanilla script doesn't have.
    I have been modding this game since 2008, just take my word for it, as i'm not in mood to post the triggers and explain every one of them for the aforementioned traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Diplomats and merchants, if they camp a city with a general in it they affect his traits right?
    Like i earlier said mate, agents of any type don't have affect general's trait with the only exception of Assassins & Spies (their actions affecting only the faction leader) which i mentioned earlier.

This is honestly surprising. I've used the priest-in-army tactics very often and I've seen it improve my general's piety. However, whether it was through traits or not I cannot recall.

Are you absolutely sure that the general's piety cannot rise without traits? If the priest is in his army, of course.

This is honestly surprising. I've used the priest-in-army tactics very often and I've seen it improve my general's piety. However, whether it was through traits or not I cannot recall.

Are you absolutely sure that the general's piety cannot rise without traits? If the priest is in his army, of course.
    I feel you bro when i was a hardcore gamer i thought so too but it's through modding one can really know the game inside out. I have already shown you the traits that will increase general's piety in vanilla and if you want (as for anyone else i won't bother going in detail as i'm usually busy) then i can explain every one of them so that we know what are all the possible reasons to actually gain piety. And in not one trigger, it has a condition for having a priest with him.

And yes i'm sure, it's only through EDCT primarily only, there's no other unknown way for a character to gain traits. Like you have played BBB mod, with the royal blood lines and stuff, that is all EDCT modding.

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

damn it, after I've read Nazgul's first reply I quickly went to my campaign and sent priests in all the settlements where a FM was present, oh well ...
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

I've read this thing a lot and there is nothing I can remember that gives trait points for having a priest in the army.

Well, I have no idea then. I'm taking your word on this , Ishan.

Whoops! I must have stumbled into this thread by accident. Please allow me to stumble back out. I'll shut the door when I'm through.
    Piss Poor Tech Support of Last Resort