Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the Sikhs - Punjab Faction Thread

Default Re: Revenge of the Sikhs - Punjab Faction Thread

Marathas were mostly defeated by the Mughals. Hyderabad is in serious revolt so I don't know if I can expand to Bengal/Cuttack yet. I don't think I'm at war with Mughals but I expect I will be soon again. I got bored with my GB campaign ,too easy even on h/h in LC.I took all US and most of eastern India.
    So I'll go back to this today. Some updates later.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've got an army marching on the rebels in Cuttack.....

...and one towards the Persian capital.The Persians are really getting on my nerves, sending small armies to raid Baluchistan and Afghanistan. I beat them easily ,mostly with canister,

..so I'll form a small army in Baluchistan capital and try to hold the Persian capital for a turn, then destroy all their buildings in the region. That should shut them up for a while and I can concentrate on India.
    Last edited by Jihada; June 08, 2009 at 12:48 PM.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

The Road to Hyderabad

Battle AAR from my Punjab Sikh campaign
    + Answers to Jihada & strategy tips after that.

Prologue: the Sikh Empire

Ranjit Singh the Conqueror has built a vast multicultural Empire including almost all religions and all ethnies of India and central asia. After a lifetime war against the Persian Safavids, the Sikh Empire has united central Asia and northern Indian, from Azerbaïjan to Gujarat. In the aftermath of the Safavids fall, Ranjit Singh has built a federation of peoples from Shi'a persians to Buddhist nepalese where every culture is respected.
    The Northern Sultanates, heirs of the Mughals, have finally been crushed by the Marathas vast armies after decades of the bloodiest conflit India ever saw. While we were crushing the Afghan rebellion and securing Persia, the Marathas counter-attacked and pushed the last Sultans up to Bengal, that we seized after a short campaign.

The Marathas didn't like us to profit from their efforts and since the Sikh Empire replaced the Sultanates in Northern India, they attacked us in Northern Deccan. They were not aware that our Sikh and Gurka regiments had come back from central Asia.
    After a few ambushes in northern Deccan and southern Gujarat, a young Sikh general gathered our best veterans to counter-attack and march on Hyderabad, the great deccani city who controls the Heart of India. This once great city was half in ruins by being besieged, taken and re-taken a dozen times in the last 20 years during the war between the Sultanates and the Marathas. This strategic province will be ours now.

The two large armies went face to face on the road to Hyderabad, near the industrial town of Nizamabad, reknown for its silk & fine cotton clothing manufactures. The long lines of Maratha Bargir and the Sikh Musketeers confronted each other.

Exchanging Fire

Our cavalry of light and heavy lancers outflanked the Marathas left flank and went behind their lines, storming their reserve troops and the Hindu peasant masses who protected their gun batteries.

Flying Peasants (peasant levies charged by heavy lancers)

Coming from the woods and our left flank, the Sikh and Gurka swordsmen engaged the Maratha lines and cut them down. The Maratha guns were outmaneuvered by our cavalry but the enemy Bargirs were standing firm.

Gurka Sabers

Almost all the Maratha Army was encircled and starting to panick from our swordsmen charge. Now that the Maratha Bargirs were seriously decimated, our General sent a massive bayonet charge to finish them.

Sikh Musketeers: Bayonets, Charge!

The great wave stormed the enemy Bargir and Hindu swordsmen. With the charge of the Gurkas on their rears, they finally surrendered or tried to flee the battlefield, only to get trampled by our light cavalry.

This major battle left thousands of corpses in the fields and many Gurkas and Sikhs will never come back to their homes, but the anihilation of the Maratha main northern army has left open the road to Hyderabad. The city fell with almost no resistance and the Sikh Empire had now a strong grip on central India. In the South, the Marathas were regrouping to defend Bijapur and take their revenge.

@ Jihada: our 2 successful campaigns have taken almost opposite directions as I see. That proves ETW is not repetitive even with this emerging, "not playable" faction. You're in better position to crush your Indian opponents (Mughals in your case) from North and South. However, It will take you some turns to secure Mysore. In my campaign they help me vs. the Marathas. For now...
    Last edited by Big Pacha; June 23, 2009 at 04:06 AM.

Hi Big P

I captured all India,Baluchistan and Afghanistan.I gave up then.I could have stormed on through Persia and Ottomans.

It was a fun campaign,quite hard at times, Good luck with your AAR,it looks promising. I had to make them a republic sometime,forgot to say that.
    Last edited by Jihada; June 23, 2009 at 06:20 AM.

Congratulations!

Why did you give up? I guess the absence of VC in the LE campaign is the cause. Once you've conquered India with an Indian faction the campaign is over anyway. Same a conquering all Europe with a european faction. Taking Persia is fun though...

With VC for Punjab you would have won this campaign and ended properly. Let's ask lmro for it! ... once I'll be able to play ETW again: patch 1.3. ruins ALL my Saves!
    Another ed up job signed CA...

EDIT: It's even worse: you all can delete ALL your Saves they're not ETW 1.3. compatible. A great classic due to new models animation, as irishron explained to me.

Now if you excuse me I have to cry very hard.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; June 24, 2009 at 09:33 AM.

good AAR Pacha.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaymanVTW View Post
    good AAR Pacha.
    Thank you! Can't wait to play them again, hoping modders will uptade their work to 1.3 or the upcoming 1.4 patch. The Fight for Bharat is not over!

Hi Big P
    Yes I enjoyed the Punjab campaign.The gurkas helped a lot btw and becoming a republic made things easier.I'm playing Courland atm with the excellent retextures for them.I had to unistall all my mods after 1.3 and then validate ETW ,then reinstall mods using mod manager.Works fine now.I hope someone comes up with some decent reskins for Indian factions and CA enable naval invasions across continents.It's not very historical in India even with LC mod as the British AI get easily crushed ae the moment.

The Sikhs are back!

Cowabunga!

With the (almost) brand new version of the Late Era Campaign, now you can play as Punjab again, and use the best troops of India. This mod's last version has corrected many previous flaws, like the failing British. Now they're a real threat and launch their colonial armies from Bengal, mopping down the last Sultanates & challenging the Marathas.

As the ousiders, the Punjab Sikhs will have to play one against each and contain British colonial expansion while also "liberating" Indian lands from the Afghano-persian usurpers. This campaign is even better now & far more exciting than the vanilla Maratha campaign.

Sikh Infantry in Rajasthan, leaving only corpses behind.

It was a good day to die... for the enemy that is.

I'll post more pics & infos about my campaign as an example/faction preview, if wanted.

NOTE: the Late Era Campaign also features all minor factions fully playable + an option to play other emergents like Quebec, Mexico, Columbia, Hungary, Italian states, etc. Enjoy!

Looks beautiful. Is it compatible with other mods? (TROM for instance).

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

You got to try out my reskins & new mod when it comes out (links in sig')

Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; January 24, 2010 at 06:42 AM.

Oh right, I must try this out again after finishing my darth mod campaign. I enjoyed my previous Sikh battles, even better with Sir Digby's skins I bet.I just can't play without Darth's BAI now though which does a lot to stop the AI just charging instead of shooting in lines.

Hey Big P,how you doing. There's some people arguing about rank fire for eastern factions in one thread. I'm sure you know better than most the historical 18th century India or Ottomans. Could you comment there. I'll find the link brb

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=331408&page=6

Punjabis are not really colonial powers or anything as significant as Cherokees
    What the hell happened to this WORLD?

Big pacha is a sikh, right???
    What the hell happened to this WORLD?

which total war game is this for? is this a add on or a brand new game ?

Pretty sure, us Sikhs can spot each other out

btw is the mod still live, like will it work on the newer patches of Empire

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Haha ! I first read "Revenge of the Siths" and tought about Darth Vader !
    But I would be really sad if you stopped your work seing all those awesome models. Yet, two years is quite a lot...
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Well, to be honest, I belong to these Sikh wariors, I am from Punjab and I'm a Sikh!

Georgous reskin SDGC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast