Thread: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin tread.

Default F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin tread.

Here you can post all about the game from guides to your own opinion of the game.
    If you have the game share your experience of it with other members.
    If you don't have the game but you know it post here to about it.

The reason why I created this tread is because I just buyed the game,
    so I am gonna install it and try it out it looks great to me.

Hi all members,this will be my second AAR I will try my best to make it good and nice to read.
    Wish me good luck,please post if you think I could do something better.

Title:The struggle for Europe
    Game:M2TW
    Difficulty:hard/hard
    unit scale:Normal
    battle time limit:Yes
    Player Manages All Settlements:Off
    faction:France

Intro
    Its the year 1080 and France is divided into many regions most of them are rulled by robber barons, that are on a quest for personal power and land.King Philip stays in the capital Paris for many reasons,one of them because France has many enemies who would like to see king Philip dead.A strong leader could united all the people of france under one banner.Philip knows how to rule a empire

Up north their is England,conquered by William the Conqueror in 1066 from the Anglo-Saxons at the battle of Hastings.the English king William has most of the British Isle and a little part in French cald "Normandy",capital Leon.They could become a ally or easy a enemy,it all depends what the do.

To the east their is the Holy Roman Empire.They were first a part of France under the leadership of Karel the Great,but afther time the became independent,their first emperor Otto I had done many things,he fromed the Holy Roman Empire.The Holy Roman Empire is a strong nation with a good economic an military power,If the have a strong and wise leader the could conquer many regions arround them.but the have many enemies to on all sites the could be attacked by Denemark,Poland,Venic,Milan,France,...
    A faction that could be a powerfull ally or a dangerous enemy.

To the southeast their is Milan a faction that has a foothold in middle Italy and could easy cause much trouble to the frence people.founded in 222 BC,the are a nation that can do many things.not much is know of them.

To the south we have Spain and Portugal,2 faction with their own personal agenda.The struggle for power,Portugal owns 2 cities,Spain owns 2 cities.Now the are equals,but all can change over time.

The Struggle for Europe

Its the year 1080,King Philip rightful ruller over all of France will take all the lands owned by the robber barons in France.First of all he goes to the council of Nobles.Philip comes in the room and starts speaking, to worst all the council members.We need to secure our borders against invasions of other factions,conquer back the cities that are under rule of the robber barons and get better relations with other factions.Also I want a stronger economy,build roads,churches,barracks,farms.
    "council member fredon answers"
    King Philip were are we gonna get such large sum of money to support all this ideas ?
    When we have conquered most of the robber baron cities then our wealth will increase.
    My son prince Louis governor in Toulouse is uniting the soldiers their to besiege Bordeaux.
    Very well your orders will be followed.I fredon head of the council of Nobles declear this hearing to be over.
    "King Philip leaves the room"

Prince Louis son of Philip heir to the throne and the greatest general.He has leadership to lead any army to victory.At this moment he is preparing to move and besiege Bordeaux,having 623 loyal men ready to follow him into battle.Soldiers of France of the king you will fight and capture this castle,leave none alive, all prisoners will be executed!
    Here is my plan how we are gonna besiege the city,3 melee units of 81 men will use ladders and climb on the walls to fight the enemy there,an archere unit will use the ram to smash the gate,let us hope we have rain so our siege equipment will not turn on fire when the towers shoot their flaming arrows.Captain Asevé and Denon do you find this a good plan to assault a castle ?
    Sir Louis we should attack one wall with all units.Denon thats not a good idea we need to attack their gate and the 2 walls near the gate so we could surround them.Good I will take your advice in mind.

Chapter I (The Unity of France)

This will take place from (1080 till 1090)

Its 1080,France a nation of trust,honour,power,domination,trade,diplomacy and brave knights loyal to the king, stand ready to follow their kings orders.
    France is weak at this point, their cities like Marseille can easy be conquerd by Milan, or Angers,Paris,Rheims could be attacked by the English (Norman) rulers.It just takes a army with many soldiers to take one of those cities,ofcours the other could support the one thats under siege, but still it would be a war that France would lose at this point.Philip's treasury is filled with coins (8000), but the income is meagre, soon France will have problems with their income and will not have enough coins to support constructing buildings and keeping their soldiers paid. King Philip has to look over his borders for solutions.

Diplomat Laurence of England has a offer for us King.What do you have to offer diplomat ?
    I come with a good feeling of England,we would like to have a closer relation with France and offer trade rights and map information,we will have both profit of this I assure you.Do you accept this proposal ?
    I greatly agree,we have almost no income, and trade would do us both good,maybe more can happen of this diplomat.
    Thank you sir Philip for accepting this,England stands with you.

Architect what have you constructed ? Well we have made 4 roads,know every city has a road where soldiers can march on also it will increase trade. Good job Architect I see you have done your best ,I will report this to our king.
    Thanks landlord Trabeton!

"2 year later" We have constructed 2 chapels and 2 churches,we are a good religious land.
    Chuches will keep heretics and witches away, the local population will stay happy, and if we continue like this our favor with the pope will increase.France is a land full of pious people. Again well done architect, you never disappoint me.
    Thanks, you are a true and gentil lord Trabeton.
    "Trabeton travels to Paris to report to king Philip what buildings have been constructed."
    "Philip sits in his chair reading a parchment in his room" Trabeton arrives, he walks down the hall. "State your business."
    I am here to see king philip, its of great importance. "Guard opens the door." A Trabeton my good friend! Thanks sir,I am here to give a report on what we have constructed. "very well"
    All cities have now roads to travel on,our Architect has made 4 churches.
    Most of our cities have only one unit of 81 men present in a city, this is because we need most men to capture other cities.
    Good, keep up the good work Trabeton! "I will sir."

Bordeaux,Rennes and Dijon are under siege by our armies, one we have those 3 cities our wealth will increase significantly
    The soldiers of Bordeaux will be no match against prince Louis and his army, up north Rennes will to fall swiftly and to the east Dijon will be easy to capture, the robber barons will soon fall.
    "Council member Fredon writes a letter to Raoulet Potevin."
    If you succeed in capturing Dijon, your faction will be rewarded with 4 cavalry units in your capital.
    I will win for all thats holy and great in France. "You have my thanks fredon for writing me."

Dijon will be ours, they are outnumberd their captain René will have no chance to win.
    "If you kill 9/10 French men you will still have to kill the last one, because a French men fights for dead or glory!"

We went trough the gate and move to the plaza their the real battle took place.
    Move men flank them, archers fire! Leave none alive!

We won,long live Raoulet! "men shouting his name" Men soldiers,friends let us hold a moment of silence for those how have not made it today.

A list of caracters that are present in our faction,étienne Tristram a cardinal devoted to the Christian code,a candidate to be the next pope maybe.
    Lorin de Brienne a diplomat that brings the intrests of the king and the council to the table in strange and far lands.
    Aubert Fébre a spy very useful when he is present in a city right before besieged,he has proven resourceful.A spy can be very important, he can see what no other men can see,he can spot assassins, armies crossing our border.
    "A Spy can be more then you could possibly know."
    Constance a Princess of the royal family,she is beautiful,her charm is so big she can seduce any men.
    Anthoine Arnaud a merchant trading Textiles in bruges at the moment."Someone how doesn't cost us money but gets us money!"

I Frolio Carcano of Milan offer you map information and trade rights,do you accept this Perrin Gassou ?
    I have a better offer we offer trade rights, but demand 1000 florins and map information.
    Accepted thanks fo your time,we hope more can come of this.

King Philip our kingdom has truly grown to become an empire,we are now the largest faction in the world!
    Thats great news to hear,France will be a mighty nation once more. Only a great and wise king like me can lead an nation to become an empire.

Philip our kingdom now has the mightiest armed force in the world!
    The council is pleased, thanks for your support Fredon. "As you wish my king."

Captain Bertran seems to be outnumberd but the might of both armies are even. Guillemot holds a speech to his men.
    "Rennes will fall as fast as the rain drops to the ground,when we march trought the gate don't fear a second those robber scum.We are French men we don't root or run we are loyal to king Philip,we will hold none alive,kill them all."

Storm trough the gate men! The weak enemy are with to few to defend the gate. The are losing their grasp on the gate slowly.
    the Begin to waver and start to root! Move on men beat them at the plaza, for France!

Flank them sent a unit trough their line, keep pressure on them!

The plaza is our,this battle is lost for the robber barons. All enemies are dead.

A obvious victory, France will never lose against robber barons.Our wealth will increase soon.

The enemy will lose this battle like water against a rock,Louis heir and greatest general is leaing the attack.
    Catain Thibault is outnumberd,this will likly be a winning battle,but anything can happen.

We have smashed the gate, Louis begins to march with his bodyguards and a part of his army to the broken gate.

They rebels are offering much resistance, Louis we have lost many men on the west wall. Thanks to the fallen soldiers the enemy were distracted so we could smash the gate. I am moving with a remaing part of the army trough the gate and then I will attack the plaza.

We have many casualties,the are falling back to the plaza,the are outnumberd by us,Louis you have done greatly against them.
    "I know sergeant,I am a born conquerer."

Men you have all done well this day, you have shown bravery and honour for those that rooted the will be punished!

I Lorin de Brienne come with good intentions of France,we offer trade right.
    We will both have profit of it my lord Henry,I assure you.
    I see no problem here, we accept your offer. "Thanks prince Henry"

A Benefactor for prince Louis, Loys Alaconque a fine and loyal person to the king, I see no reason why not, Accept.

The Byzantine Empire are now the strongest faction in the world, the are the heirs to the ones great Roman Empire.
    its not a suprise that the have more men standing ready to fight then us,their city Constantinople a trade hub of income and the surrounding cities make them a mighty nation.

Our spy is killed while he was spying in Metz,Aubert Fébre you will be rememberd as you were.
    We will avenge you,Metz will be ours.

I Teresa el Valiente of Spain come and offer trade rights, we accept your offer it will bring both of us wealth.
    That we may meet again. "like wise my lord"

A candidate for adoption, Aleamme de Plater seems to be a excellent stepson for prince Louis.
    He is loyal and has 4 traits, a very useful family member, accept

Architect what have you constructed this time ? We have made 6 buildings.
    2 farms, 2 mustering halls and 2 churches, our income has increased to thanks to the captured cities.
    we have enough money to build in all the cities we own Trabeton.
    You are a good worker that keeps his promise, it was a pleasure to speak to you. "like wise sir."

They are outnumberd in every way, this will again be a battle that almost can't be lost. Raoulet Poitvevin

Raoulet Poitvevin decides to only attack with cavarly and leave his footmen outside.The cavarly are getting many casualties,
    but the enemy seems to be losing.

The plaza is ours we have won, Raoulet kills of the last enemy soldiers.

The last city of the robber barons is ours,we have united France long live the king!

France united under king Philips rule and his loyal servants,France is now ready to fight if someone declears war.
    Last edited by webMaster412160; June 13, 2009 at 04:17 PM.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.