Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Feedback and suggestions

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: v1.41 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    I have the DLC and they all appear fine for me, their names and everything are good, the only thing is that the new grenadiers are 80 man units, otherwise they seem to work fine.
    Good to know, thanks!
    We haven't touched their stats yet, but it looks we'll have to do this. I suppose they throw grenades too

@sage: the dlc units are all included in the ETW 1.3 patch, stats, models, textures and everything. They just need to be "activated" by purchasing them. The 3D models are encrypted so they cannot be used without DLC.
    Last edited by Johan217; June 27, 2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    Good to know, thanks!
    We haven't touched their stats yet, but it looks we'll have to do this. I suppose they throw grenades too
    They did. Fixed in 1.42 -- they are now larger, correctly balanced, don't throw grenades etc...

did the named line infantry got a lower upkeep? I vaguely remember the upkeep being somewhere around 300. Now they are somewhere about 230.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Paladin View Post
    did the named line infantry got a lower upkeep? I vaguely remember the upkeep being somewhere around 300. Now they are somewhere about 230.
    I normalized all the prices with the new values from the 1.3 patch. This reduced the cost of most units, but increased it for some. A few stayed the same.

I don't know if it is just the unit descriptions, but 3rd rates only had 450 range while 6th rates had 900. I didn't get a chance to test this out on the battle map and see if this was actually the case, but I figured I would let you know anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMJ View Post
    I don't know if it is just the unit descriptions, but 3rd rates only had 450 range while 6th rates had 900. I didn't get a chance to test this out on the battle map and see if this was actually the case, but I figured I would let you know anyways.
    If it is what I think it is, this may be a bug in ETW itself: the cannon range indicated in the unit description seems to take its value from the wrong type of guns. The only way to be sure is to test it in a battle.

TROM team,

Just a quick thanks for the Naval work you have done. The reload times are perfect (for me anyway). I used vanilla while waiting for your patch complaint update and lost two 4th rates, a 5th rate and 2 small frigates fighting one pirate Fluyt and 2 sloops. The sloops were easy but I couldn't sink the fluyt. In addition, my ships would surrender after one or two broadsides from the Fluyt....very annoying. I am very happy to have this MOD back.

I have to say that I have played with IS, TROM and APE-TI. While I enjoyed each, this is my favorite (Although I must say APE's manpower system is awesome...I just wasn't a fan of the lack of naval changes...which I believe may be upcoming) Thanks for you work.
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Glad to hear it!

A note about Fusiliers, since they have been enabled "accidentally"...
    They are a type of Provincial Infantry, unique to Prussia. Historically they were recruited mostly in regions outside Prussia proper. The only real difference with the "normal" line regiments (or Musketeers)was that they typically consisted of shorter men, and that they wore mitre caps. They seem to have had a lower status than the Musketeer regiments, but there is nothing that suggests that they performed worse. In the game they are recruitable in most of the Prussian Home Regions (except Brandenburg), Silesia, Bohemia, Westphalia Württemberg, Saxony. (Note: can't check from where I am writing now, so this may not be entirely accurate)

Icon5 Re: v1.41 Feedback

Quick questions:
    1. Did 1.3 Vanilla fix Ottoman's Empire being split in half?
    2. Can we get access to their and Persian mighty arty via AOR?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by F@32 View Post
    Quick questions:
    1. Did 1.3 Vanilla fix Ottoman's Empire being split in half?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this?

2. Can we get access to their and Persian mighty arty via AOR?
    No. In fact, the AOR system is currently still very Euro-centric. We've added a few units for the Ottomans and the Indian factions, but they need some more work in the future. Maybe later.

I think he means the problem i've noticed - certain countires seem totally gimped AI wise. Ones that seem problematic due to land bridges include Sweden and Ottomans - AI just can't seem to use them. UP also seem paralysed which is most annoying when playing as GB. I'd go as far as to say removing the land bridges would be preferrable, but I know the maps cannot be modded yet

Seems that the upgraded intial money amount for France has had the desired effect. I invaded in 1714 seeing an easy road to Paris. When I got there, Paris was only defended by 19 units of "mob" urban militia. Easy enough. I brushed them aside and took Paris silently raging about how easy that was. Next turn I realize that France wasn't dead and had taken Alsace previously. France marched a full stack towards my army in Paris with another full stack standing by in Alsace; they had been fighting the Austrians and Savoy which is why Paris was empty. I could not fight and win against 2 stacks and the inevitable rebel army that would be forming so I had to retreat back to Engalnd with my tail between my legs. Nicely done TROM team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973 View Post
    I think he means the problem i've noticed - certain countires seem totally gimped AI wise. Ones that seem problematic due to land bridges include Sweden and Ottomans - AI just can't seem to use them. UP also seem paralysed which is most annoying when playing as GB. I'd go as far as to say removing the land bridges would be preferrable, but I know the maps cannot be modded yet
    Not sure if there is anything we can do about that... I do notice that the AI Ottomans like to gather a lot of mini stacks around Istambul and Athens, but they're usually not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    Seems that the upgraded intial money amount for France has had the desired effect. I invaded in 1714 seeing an easy road to Paris. When I got there, Paris was only defended by 19 units of "mob" urban militia. Easy enough. I brushed them aside and took Paris silently raging about how easy that was. Next turn I realize that France wasn't dead and had taken Alsace previously. France marched a full stack towards my army in Paris with another full stack standing by in Alsace; they had been fighting the Austrians and Savoy which is why Paris was empty. I could not fight and win against 2 stacks and the inevitable rebel army that would be forming so I had to retreat back to Engalnd with my tail between my legs. Nicely done TROM team.
    France gets Alsace from the start. But it's good to hear that they are building large stacks and are not just on the defensive. That's what a major nation should be doing IMO. Now let's hope they can keep it up for the rest of the campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    That's excellent news. Thanks Mike.

Default Re: v1.44 Feedback

France gets alsace from the start? That's a TROM thing right? I didn't think you could mod initial possessions like giving land in India to France or Britain...

No, they have Alsace in vanilla too.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this?
    Ottomans are gimped by the land bridge at the Constantinople - their army can not cross it splitting their empire in two: Asia and Europe. It makes it easy to deal with them since no reinforcements could be sent by AI. I hoped that 1.3 vanilla patch fixed that . Other AI nations seem to be OK - Denmark and Sweden for example can cross land bridges.

Ottomans are gimped by the land bridge at the Constantinople - their army can not cross it splitting their empire in two: Asia and Europe. It makes it easy to deal with them since no reinforcements could be sent by AI. I hoped that 1.3 vanilla patch fixed that . Other AI nations seem to be OK - Denmark and Sweden for example can cross land bridges.
    Yes, it's the location of the city. You can see this in effect if you click to get a unit to go from one side to another, just past the city. It will route it all the way around the black sea!

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    Yes, it's the location of the city. You can see this in effect if you click to get a unit to go from one side to another, just past the city. It will route it all the way around the black sea!
    Yet another proof that CA didn't really test campaign map... That's so weak. Only two hopes: a) they release mod tools (won't happen until they milk DLC cow), b) they will fix map in the patch (won't happen until they milk DLC cow)

I actually think they've made a great game - it isn't configured correctly and there are inevitable bugs and anomolies, but it is far superior to RTW when it came out. You love it too otherwise you wouldn't be playing it all the time

Still, I guess I am playing TROM and not Vanilla.