Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: v1.7x Feedback and suggestions

Default Re: v1.7x Feedback and suggestions

The one major non-bug issue I have is with the developer's decision regarding ship speed in naval battles. I understand the desire to make ship speeds more realistic. However, this is also a game and I have only limited time to play, and the mod makes naval battles take way too long. Remember that ETW has only four speeds available during a naval battle- Pause, Slow, Normal, and Fast. Even just closing the initial distance between fleets at Fast takes forever. I think this would be easily corrected by returning ship speeds to the unmodded ETW norm and instead changing the reloading rates. The actual in-game speed of a ship and the in-game reloading rate, taken each alone, don't matter at all: It's the speed of the ship compared to the reloading rate that matters. Let the ships move faster and decrease the amount of time needed to reload and it has the same effect as slowing down the ships without adjusting the reloading rate.

The mod is just terrific. As a long-time tabletop wargamer and reader of the military history of the time covered by the game, it's just a treat to play with all the additions, fixes, and tweaks added by TROM. I could quibble about costs and so forth, but as a whole the mod is a huge improvement over unmodded ETW. I appreciate all the effort the mod developers put into making it.

Thank you for reading. (Sorry for two posts. The system kept rejecting my submission with this paragraph included.)

runs as good as my computer can handlee it truley artwork.

hi. I'm new here. I'm just asking how can I play as French Republican in custom battle (I'm using ver1.70 and if I choose the late era French flag still stay remain, not the republican's flag, and the unit's uniform still look like in the early era)
    sr if my English is bad

The download links in the download thread which go to gamefront are broken. They somehow go to the escapist magazine?
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Quote Originally Posted by Cartras View Post
    The download links in the download thread which go to gamefront are broken. They somehow go to the escapist magazine?
    Hey Cartas, I've uploaded TROM 1.7 + latest hotfix to filedropper.
    I would also suggest to consider couple of fixes I mentioned in v1.7x Bug Reports.

However, as far as I know, the issue with freezing on AI's turn has never been finally resolved. I plan to dedicate some time to reanimating TROM, maybe I will figure it out.

Hi,
    The link on Filedropper doesn't allow me to download the mod. Is there a way to update this?
    Thanks.

I am having same issue with filedropper. Is signing up necessary to DL?

reupload the link please...

I have tried to find a link but every time, the link is broken, or there is only a part 1

Is there a dedicated music file for TROM? All I get is the vanilla music.