Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Default Best submod to prevent stack spam?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm new here.

I started a campaign as Dale on VH/VH (in custom battles I was most suited to fighting the VH AI, so I figured that difficulty would be best). I built up the economy in my core regions, then sent King Bard to capture Araw and Rhovanost (I know this was a mistake. I should have taken Dorwinion). Soon I recieved the message that Rhun had attacked the Dwarves. Shortly afterwards Easterling armies advanced from around the Sea of Rhun, capturing Uldonavan and moving around my territory. I mustered an army to attack Uldonavan and Dorwinion, but continual assaults from the east and south prevented me from doing anything more than defending my own territory. While I won every battle I fought, even when outnumbered, my victories seemed to have very little impact on the Easterling horde (which was fighting the Dwarves as well) and I was completely besieged in my position. Eventually I quit the campaign.

I understand that this is a common problem, and I sought to fix it. Since Baron Samedi's modpack is not compatible with 3.2, I was wondering what is the best mod to use (must be 3.2 compatible) to prevent stack spam, and generally serve a similar function to Baron Samedi's mod in 3.1.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Best submod to prevent stack spam?

You could play MOS (has some of Baron's script I believe) with the CRM sub-submod? (Cheat removal mod)

MOS: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=571022
    CRM: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=562886
    Last edited by Eönwë; November 04, 2012 at 06:18 AM.

Default Submod for Increased Movement Points?

Is there a sub mod out there for increased movement points for armies?

I find it irritating that it takes 2-3 years (6 turns) or more to march from somewhere like Minas Tirith to the Black Gate. This isn't realistic. I otherwise love this mod though.

If such a mod doesn't exist, how difficult would this feature be to change?

Thanks in advance,
    -Arv

Edit: I fully acknowledge the possibility that this is a problem fixed in a later official version of TATW that is already out. I believe I have 3.0 installed.
    Last edited by Arvedui01; November 04, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Signature removed, please check your inbox.~ TWC Moderation Staff

Default Re: Best submod to prevent stack spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr Vasilyevich Suvorov View Post
    Since Baron Samedi's modpack is not compatible with 3.2, I was wondering what is the best mod to use (must be 3.2 compatible) to prevent stack spam, and generally serve a similar function to Baron Samedi's mod in 3.1.
    Many of barons features are balanced on the back of stack spam. Which is to say many of barons scripts would unbalance any mod that has reduced stacks. Just play on a easier setting or go through the edu and increase cost and/or recruitment. Even faster you could go into the EDB and reduce recruitment refresh rates. If it says .25 for example use some number like .179872 and do a replace all. The latter will take 10 minutes the former will take a couple hours, you don't really need a submod compilation if thats all you want. If having some of barons stuff is more important than take Ovarion's suggestion.

Default Re: Submod for Increased Movement Points?

You can easily edit the values in descr_character.txt. The values you should be interested in are the Starting Action Points.

If you want to do it for armies, edit Named Character and General values. If you want to do it for navies, edit the Admiral value. And all the other agents in there should be self explanatory.

Edit: Also the reason it isn't realistic is because realism would destroy gameplay. Think about Medieval 2 Vanilla. Realistically, it should only take a single turn to get from England to Jerusalem. However, that would completely destroy gameplay balance. Developers have to think about both realism and balance. If they ignore either of the two, it's bad for the game.
    Last edited by PapaRosario; November 04, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Foederatus

MOS have a 12Turns per year system maybe that would work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisvk View Post
    MOS have a 12Turns per year system maybe that would work for you?
    If all you want is 12 TPY, there is no reason to get a massive mod like MOS. 12 TPY is very simple to implement. You just need to insert an aging script and adjust the timescale.

I think I'll try editing the file myself. Thanks.
    Signature removed, please check your inbox.~ TWC Moderation Staff

Default What shall I use? 3.2 or Baron Samedi's compilation mod

So yeah, I noticed that Baron Samedi had a pretty great looking compilation mod. Sadly, it only works with 3.1 and not 3.2.

What shall I use? 3.2 or his compilation mod?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: What shall I use? 3.2 or Baron Samedi's compilation mod

You can always make a double installation, or play with MOS for 3.2, its a bit like Baron's complication but adds even more.

Most of the stuff in MOS isn't optional though, so you can't disable scripts to run faster at game start like in Baron's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    You can always make a double installation, or play with MOS for 3.2, its a bit like Baron's complication but adds even more.
    I wouldn't like to do a double and I preferred how Barons mod had the optional function.

So again, I must ask, is 3.2 better or the compilation?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

What scripts are not optional? There are very few embedded scripts and many of these are in TATW anyway. Barons compilation is not compatible with TATW v3.2. I think somebody made it work by disabling the features, but can't remember for sure.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Please answer the thread question.

I'm really not interested in anything else. Thank you.

Baron's mod isn't going to be upated for a while, last time I checked. Try MOS.

i think he's asking which is better to play with. i looked again at the changelog, the added custom settlements are great additions but overall, i think i enjoyed 3.1 plus Baron's and other small submods more than vanilla 3.2. but i think Baron's has a bug which gives CTD's after the 100+ turns(?). i don't know if EoH's campaign script managed to fix that.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Baron's mod is a bit buggy with CTD's... But a good gameplay experience overall, better then vanilla 3.2 (untill it crashes ).

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Just use 3.2 and get MOS, it has many things that Baron's has. And Baron's mod is buggy, too!
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

If you are not interested in other mods then baron , i suggest vanilla tatw.. baron has a lot of bug issues and is out of date, which means,, playing baron is missing some units and unique settlements..

If you change your mind then MOS is the way to go.. it has 2/3 of barons submod (and these are all kept optional) and many more non script related changes.. but sticking to the topic

best to play 3.2 vanilla then barons in 3.1 , you will have a stable game in 3.2 with some extra units, bugfixes and custom settlements

And if you stick with vanilla TATW 3.2, you should also check the latest Germanicu 5 RBAI Release which removes reinforcement bug from vanilla.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.