Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: SubMod Recommendations and Questions

Greetings TheAlbinoWookiee and welcome to the forums!

Take a look at the second post in this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=523000

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

That is for 3.1 though so it might not be compatible. I've asked it LolIsuck (who made the change) but I'm still awaiting the reply.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: No more Fords

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlbinoWookiee View Post
    Hey there, I was wondering if there was possibly a submod that removed invisible land bridges from the game. Sadly I cannot tell you how many times Pelargir has been attacked by random Harad doomstacks that can walk right over the Bay of Befalas.
    Any help would be appreciated thank you!
    Do you want just the Pelargir one removed or all of them?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

You can block the one close to Pelargir with a single ship, I rather want those crossing the 'islands' removed, near Fanuilond (if that is the name in the vanilla one)

Dis

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post12153488

These were several examples though, as I said I'm not deeply informed on lore

Well what I though was more like filling the empty regions then adding more units to main factions, personally I find adding few more orc units or harad units unnecessary, except some seriously needed units for lore and balance, I also think for the visual beauty of the mod, new units should have some unique appearence if not completely unique.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

This could be what you want then, PCP add a lot of uniqe units, of which many are rebels but in the form of wolves and such
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355651

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

May be Its possible to play without creature factions I guess ? thats good, but I can't see much pictures about new humanoid units the only problem I see, rosters are exaggerated, I mean a faction like Beornings has 12 units ? they can be a faction for more fun, but thats overkill.

I wish I had some modding skills :/ I guess what I want is like a mix of Baron's mod and Frome, makes game more fun without much changing it with new scripts , small changes and balancing but also adds few new factions and few new(not overkill) units that equally lore based and quality compared to vanilla units.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    May be Its possible to play without creature factions I guess ? thats good, but I can't see much pictures about new humanoid units the only problem I see, rosters are exaggerated, I mean a faction like Beornings has 12 units ? they can be a faction for more fun, but thats overkill.

I wish I had some modding skills :/ I guess what I want is like a mix of Baron's mod and Frome, makes game more fun without much changing it with new scripts , small changes and balancing but also adds few new factions and few new(not overkill) units that equally lore based and quality compared to vanilla units.
    I felt like you and Tried the PCP mod It did not take long for me to see that some of the factions in there are not fully developed and that the map for me is not to good and some of the new units are too strong for it to be fun for me( I think it is a matter of "the new toy" effect for the Dev. New units are way OP and the old factions haven't been balanced but it is a fairly new mod and he might get around to do it). It has to be said that a lot of people do enjoy this mod it was just not for me. I play with MOS now with the extra map and some modifications of my own (courtesy Ngugi) check that one out I think you will like it.
    I watch and Learn

Cavaleiro Cruzado's Avatar Libertus

Default Baron's Samedi vs. MOS

Hello guys, some time ago I came across a mini mod for TATW MOS thanks a fan of bleach from TWC here and I can really say it was a very interesting experienca for Third Age game since its early versions, but for some time had also already Baron Samedi's played only for previous version 2.1 and also found a job very well done just that for now I see that this sub-mod is available only for version 3.1. So the opnion of you the best compilation made for this beautiful mod?

- Grand Strategy Brazil -
    The largest community of Lusophone Games Grand Strategy

Either PCP or MOS, both are good.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

baron is a easier to install more simple mod, while mos is a more complex and more diverse mod but little laggy

I was looking around the forum and saw that a Dunedain invasion submod was possible!!! My question is once you download the submod what do you have to do in order for it to work?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

You install it into your TATW folder as is said in the first post of the thread. Link:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=497959

And the feature will explain itself ingame!

Hope that answers your question

EDIT: That mod is also included in some compilations, including MOS
    Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419958
    Last edited by Eönwë; October 30, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Cavaleiro Cruzado's Avatar Libertus

Really the MOS is far more perfect compilation already made ​​for this version of TATW. I was in a defiant campaign with Gondor playing as the sub-mod, I'll try the next one with the Elves of Lothien

- Grand Strategy Brazil -
    The largest community of Lusophone Games Grand Strategy

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Cavaleiro Cruzado View Post
    Really the MOS is far more perfect compilation already made ​​for this version of TATW. I was in a defiant campaign with Gondor playing as the sub-mod, I'll try the next one with the Elves of Lothien
    Agreed but as he asked for Dunadain Invasions I thought he just wanted that one

hello! I've just started playing TATW (yes I'm real late.) I've had medieval 2 for ages now and never actually gotten around to playing it. This is my first dive into the 'strategy' genre (I've played a lot of sins of a solar empire and regular RTS's but the campaigns I never really touched on).

Now, context aside, As my first campaign is nearing its 200th turn I'm looking at submods for my next playthrough to make the experience that much better. I've already noticed the MOS sub mod and was wondering if that's considered the best compilation to get? If so, are there ways to disable some of the submods from that? For example I don't want Immortal Heroes or Nazgul, death is death to me even if it breaks 'lore'.

Also this is more of a request, but the download link for warman's animation mod is down (megaupload link ) so is there any way to download that by itself for now so I can have these animations on my current playthrough?

thanks to anyone who replies

Also (can't find the edit button, sorry for double post) if MOS isn't the best one, then what is? Or what are some of your personal favorites. I'm open to anything though a compilation is more what I'm aiming for.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

FrogS or MOS are the biggest compilations, PCP is also very nice, and there are even sub-submods for MOS and FrogS

With MOS you can accept or decline several scripts at the start of a campaign, also the Immortal Nazgul script

Edit: You can edit after 50 posts or so