Default Re: sub mods

thanks for the reply and sorry =[

ps which one do u recommend?

pss thanks for all your hardwork!!

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

just for emphasis

and god i wish it all was....
    however i recommend MOS it has best and greatest gameplay changes in all of those

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

MOS: alround good submod, adds units, scripts, factions. Can give problems with turn times though
    AoR: Haven't played this one, it adds units, factions and a new recruitment system I believe.
    Turtle:Haven't played this one either, but I know it completely changes way of playing. It adds several new factions, scripts, units and new stats and recruitment system.

Choose which one you want

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: SubMod Recommendations and Questions

Merged with SubMod Recommendations and Questions thread.

@youngfool, MOS seems to be the most popular, but why not try all three? If you have the PC space you can have multiple installations of TATW installed, each with a different submod if you so desire. Here is a guide on how to do it:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=528275

And at the end, you end up playing PCP
    Last edited by ElvenKind; October 09, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

cool! thanks guys, i actually downloaded all three so yeah gonna try them out.

once again thanks all!

Can someone quickly compare MOS and AOR? From a quick read, it seems MOS adds depth, balance, and polish to the existing game where AOR has more "new stuff" reworking large portions of the factions an units. On a scale of 1 to 5, what would you rate the "polish level" (balance, no bugs) of AOR and MOS?

hi guys,

i downloaded third age a week ago, but im having a problem with the time it takes to build by example a dirt road (3 turns, while normally 1 turn) and after you recruited a unit, it takes ages before you can recruit a new one. i have patched it up to 3.2 and did loads of research. I have changed the construction time manually in the export descr buildings file. set the unit size in the tatw cfg file to normal. but i also want the recruitment problem fixed. i know how to do it( change the pool (like from 0.05 to 0.5)). but to do it for all the units will take ages. i dont understand why this is so different with medieval 2 but isnt there a mod for all this? please help me

Quote Originally Posted by Jur View Post
    hi guys,

i downloaded third age a week ago, but im having a problem with the time it takes to build by example a dirt road (3 turns, while normally 1 turn) and after you recruited a unit, it takes ages before you can recruit a new one. i have patched it up to 3.2 and did loads of research. I have changed the construction time manually in the export descr buildings file. set the unit size in the tatw cfg file to normal. but i also want the recruitment problem fixed. i know how to do it( change the pool (like from 0.05 to 0.5)). but to do it for all the units will take ages. i dont understand why this is so different with medieval 2 but isnt there a mod for all this? please help me
    2 concepts... culture and terrain. Number 1, unit recruitment is much faster the higher your local culture is. This affects the game balance because newly conquered enemy lands cannot immediately become a troop factory for you. Number 2 is terrain... Middle Earth has different species besides humans and they train more effectively in their home terrain (mountains for Orcs, forests for Elves). This has the effect of making your home lands always the most valuable.

Both of these mechanics help keep the game interesting in the mid-late game. If all settlements were equal, then the player would rapidly get overpowered as soon as you start making conquers. The culture and terrain mechanics reduce the impact of your growth by keeping your homeland valuable and keep the game hard even in the mid-late game.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

I understand what you say, and i guess it is more challenging. but i still dont understand this difference between medieval 2 and third age. But the result is that you will skip real quick through the turns. isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jur View Post
    Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

I understand what you say, and i guess it is more challenging. but i still dont understand this difference between medieval 2 and third age. But the result is that you will skip real quick through the turns. isnt it?
    Well, in M2TW you had only 220 or some turns of gameplay for victory conditions, while here you have 450 and more. So, if you are able to build everything in first 100 turns, you would get bored.. But that depends what type of player you are
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Somewhat yes, although it affects other balance mechanics too. It's been a long time since I played vanilla M2TW. The marching distance is almost the same per turn, but with longer training times this means battles are more significant and pre-planning strategy has a bigger effect. One cannot recover from mistakes or lost battles as quickly by simply training a new stack of troops instantly. Also M2TW had limitations too... I recall having to wait several returns for training and retraining of crossbowmen and knights. Some TATW factions like Orcs and Rhun can train militia every 2-3 turns and have max 3 waiting to train.

so i changed the time for cunstruction to my own willing, however i did backup the original file. should i replace it for a better experience?

You won`t be dissapointed, that`s for sure

I wondered if there is a "mod" for better music. the movies have really great music ( i think they even got an award for it).

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You can try this: Music mod
    And correct me if I'm wrong, I belive MOS has some new music also.

Any submod that increases the awesomeness of the dwarves, that will not interfere with MOS, thanks a lot

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Unfortunately not. I believe MOS adds/will add some new Dwarven AoR units though

Quote Originally Posted by SNKcell View Post
    Any submod that increases the awesomeness of the dwarves, that will not interfere with MOS, thanks a lot
    Well, you can always make dual install of another submod and stil have MOS installed. PCP has three Dwarf Factions, you can check it out by clickin on RED PCP in my signature

Default No more Fords

Hey there, I was wondering if there was possibly a submod that removed invisible land bridges from the game. Sadly I cannot tell you how many times Pelargir has been attacked by random Harad doomstacks that can walk right over the Bay of Befalas.
    Any help would be appreciated thank you!