Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Default Re: SubMod Recommendations and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    You should try 3.2 by itself first. Then if you're craving more you can add some submods. MOS includes a lot of the features that Baron's submod had, so that might be one you would be interested in.

You can see a list of 3.2 compatible submods here.
    I've played a good few campaigns in 3.2 and I liked them alot, apart from Gondor(curse you Mordor) and some of the additional features in Baron's mod look so tempting so I'm unsure whether to stick with 3.2 or degrade to 3.1 and play with Samedi's? Also on a different question, what is the purpose of the Dark Lord of Mordor faction as opposed to the Mordor faction, thanks
    Carpe Diem

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Ah, okay, well you could try playing MOS, and if you don't like it you could go back to 3.1 with Barons. You can actually have multiple versions of TATW with different submods installed at the same time. See this thread for information on that.

The Dark Lord of Mordor faction acts as the Pope and calls invasions.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

@ Deadly
    Samedi's problem is that often around turn 100 players are strucked with unavoidable CTDs, but some has no problems at all, just a warning. Could suggest MOS witch has ca 60% of Samedi's content and much else.

Dark Lord of Mordor = the Pope. He call crusades, but is not a working faction to play.

EDIT: Quicker Stealth'

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi everybody. Hello from Spain (sorry for my bad english. If it's go bad next step will be use google translate ). My first post.
    I like to play with the clean 3.2, I like a lot. The only thing I need to complete it will be more diverse Arnor units. So, here is my question.

Is there any submod than added Arnor Units?

Default Quick question regarding mod

Is the submod MOS by Hero of the West already included in the main version? I just downloaded Third age a couple day ago and only now realize there are submod for it. I notice some of the feature in that submod are already implemented in Third age mod . I wanna know so i can decided wether i need to download it or not. Thx in advance.

ps. if anyone know of a submod that make battle faster and more like vanilla let me know plz

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Greetings rogercrowes and welcome to the forum!

You might be interested in checking out the Additional Units Mod. Looks like it was last updated for 3.1, but I think there should be no problem with it working with 3.2.

You might also be interested in checking out Dúnedain Counter Invasions. It adds an extra dimension when playing as Arnor by allowing the possibility to call and participate in counter invasions. (basically the Jihad feature from vanilla M2TW) It also adds a few extra merc units you can recruit.

Edit:

@machao320:

No, MOS is not included in standard 3.2.
    Last edited by StealthFox; July 19, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Quick question regarding mod

Is the submod MOS by Hero of the West already included in the main version? I just downloaded Third age a couple day ago and only now realize there are submod for it. I notice some of the feature in that submod are already implemented in Third age mod . I wanna know so i can decided wether i need to download it or not. Thx in advance.

ps. if anyone know of a submod that make battle faster and more like vanilla let me know plz
    I am not certain what your question is, but if it is whether MOS is included in 3.2, the answer is "no".

MOS has its own thread in the submods section. May I suggest you go have a look?
    Last edited by StealthFox; July 19, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Continuity

Thanks for the quick answer StealthFox. I have install the Additional Units Mod in my 3.2 but unfortunately there is an error and a ctd just started the game. I hope Agostinos (the submod's maker) adapt it for the 3.2. version. Meanwhile I will play at the 3.1 version

Thanks for all

Default Looking for specific submods

Hey fellow TATW players!

I just installed the mod and I'm already stunned by its awesomeness
    I started a campaign and I really enjoyed the first few turns (currently turn 30 somewhat), but I also feel like I would love some minor changes/improvements, such as:

I feel like the game needs more action, meaning I dont like the recruitment system. (I like the idea of barrack events / a progress in unit availability though). In my campaign im playing silvan elves and I can only recruit militia and also there are only 3 towns where i can recruit at all, the rest being useless villages, which also makes the distance for reinforcements bigger, slowing the game down furthermore. I would like to be able to access at least SOME more units instead of 100+ turns with militia and more importantly - recruit in more than a few places, like in the vanilla game.
    So maybe theres a submod which fixes these issues while not ruining the balance?

I also feel like the cities growth is veery slow and most of the towns are villages with only 1 or 2 buildings availabe. Also would like to see this being more similiar to the vanilla game (though it might not be lore accurate )

With the above i mean i would like to have more decisions from the start, making single turns more important and also adding more action and more feeling. (with Isengard having Uruks earlier on, etc etc.)
    Next thing is I dont like the garrisons in cities. When i was attacking Dol Guldur, a huge army spawned out of nowhere. I thought "well, seems to be neccessary to help the AI not getting instagibbed", but when i lured them away or cancelled the siege it wont disappear, heck, there would even spawn a new army everytime i attack. How can i get rid of this or maybe let the army only spawn every 5 turns or so?

I also would love an AI improvement submod, so the last change wouldnt affect balance too much. The one i found so far was outdated.

Last thing is more an aesthetical issue. I guess there are plenty of mods adding more voicepacks, music or unit cards, but I didnt find one yet for 3.2 adding the above.

Okay, for anyone who made it through that text: Thanks in advance :-)

American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks, but I dont want a entire makeover like MOR or that one. Just looking for the things above.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerman View Post
    Thanks, but I dont want a entire makeover like MOR or that one. Just looking for the things above.
    Try looking in here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=263135

Even though, most of the things u want are there in PCP.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Thanks, currently downloading AOR / FROGS. Will be testing it later.

Thanks, currently downloading AOR / FROGS. Will be testing it later.
    Forgot to mention: Welcome to the forums

Thanks

And thanks for the tips, though I think PCP and MOS and stuff are not what i am looking for. Dont really want 1414124141 new factions and 1000 other changes I like vanilla tatw how it is except for the slow gameplay compared to the original game.
    By the way, why is there no edit button?

Thanks

And thanks for the tips, though I think PCP and MOS and stuff are not what i am looking for. Dont really want 1414124141 new factions and 1000 other changes I like vanilla tatw how it is except for the slow gameplay compared to the original game.
    By the way, why is there no edit button?
    U are a new member to the forums, and u have to make certain number of posts and i think it has to past few weeks til u have become a member, and then u will be allowed to use other posting stuff. Check the posting rules at the bottom of the forum and u will see what can u do and what u can`t.

EDIT: U have to make at least 50 posts or be registered for at least 2 weeks.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; July 22, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

This is less of a question about submod recommendation, but rather about submod optimization.

When I play the vanilla 3.2 my end turn times are only a few seconds, maybe 15~30, never more than a minute. But when I install MOS my end turn times drop significantly, sometimes to a minute or more. This makes end turns a bit frustrating. I understand it's because MOS adds a lot of scripts which need to be processed during the end of the turn. Is there any way to reduce the problem or optimize my system? I have a pretty beefy PC that can play the latest games on ultra, like the Wither 2 for example. So I really don't know how else to optimize my PC for Medieval II or TATW or MOS...

I've asked this question in the past too but the best advice I received was to tab out with borderless window mode, browse the web or forums for a minute, then go back.... while sound advice, I hope someone can offer some better tips on reducing end turn times.

Thanks!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You can delete the scripts you don't want.

Okay, tried FROME, didnt like it. What about PCP which you mentioned? I dont think I will install it sicne i dont want that many factions, but when you say most of the changes I want are included, there got to be standalone submods for those changes or not?

Those changes are not optional like in MoS or Barone's submod, elite is available from the start, every turn u have to consider what to do, more buildings, and u have custom campaigns to chose from. U can always uninstall it if u don't like it.