Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Default Re: Which sub-mods should I get and why?

I don't necessarily need more factions. Just a better experience overall like more events, lore and stuff.

DAC is still better for that than MOS?

Try Frogs, it has new units and buildings. Besides DaC makes you find the ring as Gondor if you want to win the campaign. (to win you must kill Mordor which requires taking the ring to Mt. Doom which is a pain no matter who you play.)

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

DaC adds a better overall experience, tweaked AI, new lore accurate map, more custom settlements, new factions, new units of which alot of them are unique to this mod, some cool scripts and events.
    MOS is heavily focused on scripts (most of them optional), and adds like one or two factions, and a bunch of new units, aswell as the map from DaC with the new settlements.
    Alternative patch is the closest to vanilla, since it just adds and changes a few units, sticks with the vanilla map but edited it a little to add the Orocarni on the eastern edge with a new dwarven faction.

These are the ones i played, between they're all really good tho my pick would be DaC, it just adds so much more variety to the game, and actual difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    DaC adds a better overall experience, tweaked AI, new lore accurate map, more custom settlements, new factions, new units of which alot of them are unique to this mod, some cool scripts and events.
    MOS is heavily focused on scripts (most of them optional), and adds like one or two factions, and a bunch of new units, aswell as the map from DaC with the new settlements.
    Alternative patch is the closest to vanilla, since it just adds and changes a few units, sticks with the vanilla map but edited it a little to add the Orocarni on the eastern edge with a new dwarven faction.

These are the ones i played, between they're all really good tho my pick would be DaC, it just adds so much more variety to the game, and actual difficulty.
    OK, I'm going to give DAC a go.

Anything else I should/can use with it?

ty

Default Re: Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2

Would anyone recommend MOS over DAC and if so, why?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Honestly, I know it has been repeated a lot in this thread, but you cannot really recommend one over the other, they are both excellent sub-mods. They offer different playing experiences and have unique features that makes comparison unfair to the people who work on the mods.

Download them both and get the best of both worlds.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Rushwithoutmercy View Post
    Would anyone recommend MOS over DAC and if so, why?
    What Shank' says: install both and test them out to see which fit your taste best.
    Since you keep us in the dark, not bothering to ever tell what you want more/less of, or what kind of experience you are looking for, it's no point for us in trying to recommend one over the other.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    What Shank' says: install both and test them out to see which fit your taste best.
    Since you keep us in the dark, not bothering to ever tell what you want more/less of, or what kind of experience you are looking for, it's no point for us in trying to recommend one over the other.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

I did say.

Top of the page -

''I don't necessarily need more factions. Just a better experience overall like more events, lore and stuff.

DAC is still better for that than MOS?''

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Fair enough, missed that, though both contains all so don't take us far. MOS ought to have more events due to submods included, DaC perhaps more content of lore but is stronger in it's additional factions adding new experiences, and both have tons of stuff
    My recommendation stands.
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 07, 2016 at 02:18 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hello everybody,

which submod do you recommend, considering that I prefer:
    - Stability above all other factors
    - Lore-friendly units (if possible according to hobbit last movies, but it's not essential). The amount is not important (for example, I really like Shogun 2 even if it has a very small roster)
    - Big battles with allied factions
    - Lore-friendly events, settlements, characters

Seems like the Alternative Patch is what I'm looking for (it's pretty stable, right?).

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by diegomelch View Post
    Hello everybody,

which submod do you recommend, considering that I prefer:
    - Stability above all other factors
    - Lore-friendly units (if possible according to hobbit last movies, but it's not essential). The amount is not important (for example, I really like Shogun 2 even if it has a very small roster)
    - Big battles with allied factions
    - Lore-friendly events, settlements, characters

Seems like the Alternative Patch is what I'm looking for (it's pretty stable, right?).
    it is extremely stable so go for it
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    it is extremely stable so go for it
    Thanks! In that case, it'll be my first choice.

Last question: the other one stable seems Frogs (still with minor issues that could make the game crash, right?). Considering just the included mods for better immersion (campaign AI, traits etc.), do you think it adds less stuff than the Alternative Patch?

Citizen

Last question: the other one stable seems Frogs (still with minor issues that could make the game crash, right?). Considering just the included mods for better immersion (campaign AI, traits etc.), do you think it adds less stuff than the Alternative Patch?
    in that case they have but as much content as each other

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There are different things in FRoGS, there is nothing from the AP yet, only some similar units for Dwarves. As for the crashes, it's hard to tell as people give almost no information about what exactly happened.
    Last edited by Araval; February 14, 2016 at 05:02 AM.

For some people Frogs has never crashed so diegomelch you may be just fine.

jackw93's Avatar Foederatus

Default Advice for Submods!

Hey ya'll, taken me a while to download TATW - played Stainless Steel a lot - need a change

Wondering if anyone has some general feedback on the submods and which one(s) is(are) worth having with the base game/should I try vanilla out first etc.

Appreciate the Halp!

Cheers.

Default Re: Advice for Submods!

Quote Originally Posted by jackw93 View Post
    Hey ya'll, taken me a while to download TATW - played Stainless Steel a lot - need a change

Wondering if anyone has some general feedback on the submods and which one(s) is(are) worth having with the base game/should I try vanilla out first etc.

Appreciate the Halp!

Cheers.
    Try vanilla first.

After that my recommendation is on MOS - heavily scripted and a clear variation, while basically sticking to the vanilla setup somewhat.

And then Divide and Conquer - much less scripted than MOS but quite some more factions and a whoile bunch of reworked or new units. Feels and plays more "chaotic" than MOS and vanilla.

Both very polished and fleshed out.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Hi,

I installed TATW>MOS>EMOS and I'm looking for further submods compatible with MOS and aren't inclueden in MOS.

Also, I installed Dagor, DAC.

How i can know which small mods compatible with big mods? So, is graphic tweaks submod compatible with MOS?

BTW are really all submods for TATW listed in here? I want a total gameplay for starting my precious campagin

Which big submob has more submod?

I'm not looking for units, factions or fancy things. I'm looking for lore, scripts etc.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by tberkaya View Post
    Which big submob has more submod?

I'm not looking for units, factions or fancy things. I'm looking for lore, scripts etc.
    MOS wich you already have