Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Amazon: Total War Art Gallery

Default Re: Amazon: Total War Art Gallery

Parthian Elephant Attack
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Parthian Elephant Attack #2

Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

A Summer Day of Killing

18+ Viewers Only
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by parthian shot; February 22, 2014 at 04:41 AM.

Perke Maenadic Fanatics

18+ Viewers Only

Thracian Phalanx Pike Women

Great unit!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Amazon Phalanx pike formation, 18+ viewer only

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Great unit!
    Thank You, don't have much traffic in this forum anymore, but still great to hear from old friends.

You are welcome . The battlemap location of the last screenshots is great too, beautiful landscape .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

hi, just to say i'm very happy about you guy's are still working on this! I honestly had totally forgotten about this until i started to play RTW again (since the fail of RTW2)
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

Welcome back! Amazons Total War is still the top 20 mod on ModDB, thanks a great deal to the "fail" of RTW2

New battlefield landscape and lighting

Armenia decided to attack the Amazons, probably thinking we were busy fighting the Seleucids. Which we were, however units trained back at home weren't moving to the front because I had expected this...

The Amazon Spetum Plumbatarii form up and prepare to fight!

Moving in close formation against the enemy. This unit has a very high shield rating (14) so it is very safe to advance directly at the hostile forces.

The Armenians are shooting stone at us using their spears as pole-slings! But we cannot shoot back yet, we need to get closer (their range is 100, ours is only 70).

We only suffer very light losses on the advance, after closing in enough, we begin to shoot back with our lead darts!

Armenia retreated, their advance force of 600 suffered heavy losses, only 241 were able to escape. 8 Amazons were lost.

Now, the Amazons were advancing downhill (height advantage) and though some trees (cover) but it's also the case that the Armenian Infantry have a very low attack rating on their missile weapons (9), while the amazons have a very high one (22+)
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM.

great post! We sure can use more of these.

The difference is, Themiskyran Amazon Spetum unit uses lead blocks made from molten lead shaped in an ingot and the Armenians are using stones.

I double checked, the description says the Armenians are using "metal block". There are other units (Eastern infantry) with even lower attack, but the description says nothing about their ranged attack.

The ranged attack animations do look perfect for pole-sling use. A little funny when they are in shield wall formation, but I sorta like it.

A heated battle against some horde wagons. They should have settled down in the city, but too bad for them...
    (Of course the rebels faction isn't actually a horde faction, heh)

We testing the capabilities of the Amazon Pathfinders' weapons. The enemy: of course our neighbors the Seleucid Empire.

The results speak for themselves, from outside the settlement walls our thermite attacks could reach all the way into the town square.

Spoiler for Results

We probably need just a few more units of Pathfinders... the main issue they have is they shoot pretty slowly and like all mounted-ranged units, they can friendly fire real easily if an enemy charges while they are shooting...
    Last edited by Alavaria; November 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM.

Aha... unless I miss my guess, this victory condition "World Peace" "Become the supreme ruler" etc is just the standard vanilla RTW long campaign goal (checked the relevant files). So I just need to take Rome and...

Heh, a true elite. These come of the printing press at a rate of one a turn, from up to 5 settlements.
    Note that they very much seem to use a big double bow of some sort, not a mannu-ballistae as the descriptions suggest.

Last edited by Alavaria; November 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM.

Fighting FOUR stacks of Sarmatian hordes. Look at them all advancing! They cannot retreat from this battle, they must win or die...

As they approach my small force we spread out and encircle them?!

Spoiler for The results

Campaign stuff:

Our strength grows!

The reason is because the statistics are messed up by our extremely well-trained, well-equipped and pretty expendable hordes:

Actually it would be better to mass Armen Immortal Guard. Though those actually have an upkeep, I can afford it easily and they have a ranged attack, better defenses, 3 hp...
    Last edited by Alavaria; December 10, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Libyans besiege me with hordes of wagons, a few troops, and an elephant unit in Rhode. I only armed myself with Pathfinders because they pack a good punch (800 Pathfinders can fend off 4,000 Romans). I also target the troops that have rams because 1) wagons cannot use rams 2) I hate wagons as they slaughtered my armies beforehand 3) I am not letting those wagons inside my city at any cost.

After I kill off the rams, I checked on my Pathfinders when I saw this.

When I saw this, I order all the Pathfinders that are near the elephant to SHOOT HER. I don't want to get streamroll by wagons again.