Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

I encountered an odd bug. I'm playing as Amazonia and I'm about 3/4 through my game, but now every time I try to select a unit on the campaign map or end a turn, the game crashes. I tried reloading 3 older saves and I encountered the same problem (all saves were from different turns that I was originally able to end just fine). I then tried loading a save from a different campaign were I was playing as the Geothe and that campaign is working just fine. Both campaigns were started on the most recent patch 6.0H.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Sounds like a corrupted save game. Turn off autosave (it can often corrupt the entire save game folder) in preferences and try not to save before battles.

Agreed with Resef 100%, if you have older saved game, try to load that one instead of the latest saved game and see if same crash occurs.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Also don't use the quick save option always go for the longer menu way since qs is also known for corrupt/damaging save states.

Quote Originally Posted by nietzscheese View Post
    I encountered an odd bug. I'm playing as Amazonia and I'm about 3/4 through my game, but now every time I try to select a unit on the campaign map or end a turn, the game crashes. I tried reloading 3 older saves and I encountered the same problem (all saves were from different turns that I was originally able to end just fine). I then tried loading a save from a different campaign were I was playing as the Geothe and that campaign is working just fine. Both campaigns were started on the most recent patch 6.0H.
    Just want to follow up this post with test results, if the PC used has 2GB memory, it would crash some of the time during battle (particularly during siege), many of the auto-saved games can be corrupted as a result.

Even if the game did not crash, when the system is running low on memory, the auto-save can not be guaranteed to be working either.

The best bet is to have 4GB memory, particularly on newer OS.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I have recurring CTD each time when I'm trying to visit my own city on the battle map, when playing Libyan Amazons and inspecting large and huge cities. Probably it's also with other stages of settlements.

This is the error message:
    Model_db: model registry has requested a model 'amazon_archers_elite_julii' which was not found in model load script 'AmazonTW-Reignited/data/descr_model_battle.txt'.
    Which is really strange because I checked DMB and this model is listed in the file.

But, DMB is also requesting texture amazon_archers_elite_julii.tga for this model (gorgon_archers_elite_high.cas) and there is no such texture in the AmazonTW-Reignited/data/models_unit/textures directory.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Thanks for the Update!

Are you using the latest 6.0J Beta or 6.0I release ?

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    I have recurring CTD each time when I'm trying to visit my own city on the battle map, when playing Libyan Amazons and inspecting large and huge cities. Probably it's also with other stages of settlements.

This is the error message:

Which is really strange because I checked DMB and this model is listed in the file.

But, DMB is also requesting texture amazon_archers_elite_julii.tga for this model (gorgon_archers_elite_high.cas) and there is no such texture in the AmazonTW-Reignited/data/models_unit/textures directory.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Thanks for the Update!

Are you using the latest 6.0J Beta or 6.0I release ?
    Problem has been duplicated, as it turned out, the battlemap view file was from very old configuration archive.

The fix will be in 6.0J

Katsoro's Avatar Libertus

Hi I found a few Text bugs, at lest I think they are but it might be a problem with my ATW install

Instead of having a description for highways it says "WARING! This text should never appear on screen!".

The Mercenary Amazon Elite Archers, Mounted description says "Unlocalised placement text".

The Geothe Incebdary Catapult Bireme shows a peasant instead of a ship and has "Unlocalised placement text" instead of a description.

Elephants and War Elephants have a description but show peasant instead of an Elephant.

My Rome total war install is updated to version 1.5 I think it was 1.3 when I installed it and I updated BI to 1.6 but I have no clue what version it was before . I think I'm using AWT version 6.0J I got it from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=496559 first Alternative Download. (The first download sent me to a set that wanted me to give my email address, and the terms of service said my email would be given out to 3rd parties AKA Spamers for the use of marketing).

Also when I defeat a faction I only get Text saying that I destroyed it but the short repeating video with the riped flag and the dead solders is not there. And before a battle not even if I'm playing as Rome and fighting the greeks will the general make a speech .

Hi I found some bugs, or they might be problems with my ATW install.

Instead of a description for Highways it says "WARNING! This text should never appear on screen!"

The Mercenary Amazon Elite Archers, Mounted unit card has no description instead it says "Unlocalisd placement text".

The Gothe Incendiary Catapult Bireme unit card is the same as the Mercenary Amazon Elite Archers and also shows peasants instead of a ship.

Elephants and War Elephants Elephants unit cards also show peasants instead of a Elephants.

Also when I destroy a faction there is only text and the short video of the riped flag and dead solders is missing. And before a battle even if I'm playing as Romen my general is male and I'm fighting the Greeks there is no pre-battle speech .

I patched my Rome: Total War install to version 1.5 and BI to version 1.6 (Rome TW was v 1.3 when I first installed it and I have no clue what version BI was because I only played it one time then want back to Rome TW) I thin I'm using ATW version 6.0j I downloaded it from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=496559 from the Alternative Download link.

Instead of a description for Highways it says "WARNING! This text should never appear on screen!"

The Mercenary Amazon Elite Archers, Mounted unit card has no description instead it says "Unlocalisd placement text".

The Gothe Incendiary Catapult Bireme unit card is the same as the Mercenary Amazon Elite Archers and also shows peasants instead of a ship.

Elephants and War Elephants Elephants unit cards also show peasants instead of a Elephants.

Also when I destroy a faction there is only text and the short video of the riped flag and dead solders is missing. And before a battle even if I'm playing as Romen my general is male and I'm fighting the Greeks there is no pre-battle speech .

I patched my Rome: Total War install to version 1.5 and BI to version 1.6 (Rome TW was v 1.3 when I first installed it and I have no clue what version BI was because I only played it one time then want back to Rome TW) I thin I'm using ATW version 6.0j I downloaded it from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=496559 from the Alternative Download link.

PS. This is the fifth try to post, I have never used such a uncooperative forum in my life .

Hi,

Thanks for posting your observation on this forum.

I apologize for not able to get back to you sooner. But then again, this is not my day job. None of us are getting paid for doing this and we are proud of it.

But the end result is, we usually only check the posting once a day to answer questions.

It would help if you go through some of the discussions in this thread as well as the read-me files comes with the download 7z file.

For example, Amazon TW mod never had video turned on in the first place, it was never intended.

Also there is no speech whatsoever, as it has been since the first release by the previous mod leader to the current release.

Some issues for the building, unit card and unit info (elephants for example) are already corrected and will be out in the end of the month.

Please read them at the download thread you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsoro View Post

PS. This is the fifth try to post, I have never used such a uncooperative forum in my life .

Yeah not long before you posted I found someplace where it said pre-battle speeches where disabled . And sorry about the quadruple post I'm having problems with my Internet and this forum .

I tried installing ATW 6.0J on my new computer. But the 7zip system wouldn't let me unpack it. Said something about "Access is denied can not create output directory to program files/...". Do you know why its doing this? I had trouble with another mod and the 7zip not letting me unpack the files.

Alright, I managed to unpack it in my usb. Its probably just the security on my computer not allowing it. Hopefully I can just copy and paste the files into my program files.
    Last edited by Totalwar14; August 17, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

In my case, I am not sure if the security on my computer is more trouble than all the virus it is supposed to catch.

Glad you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar14 View Post
    I tried installing ATW 6.0J on my new computer. But the 7zip system wouldn't let me unpack it. Said something about "Access is denied can not create output directory to program files/...". Do you know why its doing this? I had trouble with another mod and the 7zip not letting me unpack the files.

Alright, I managed to unpack it in my usb. Its probably just the security on my computer not allowing it. Hopefully I can just copy and paste the files into my program files.

Default Re: Balance Issues

First off, I love the realization of a mod I have hoped for. I know some of history and Amazon legends, but am by no means an expert. So I will not critique the work on Amazon units.

My concern is with playability and balance.

As Lybian, I found after only about 10 years, I was unstoppable. Using only 1 elite unit in almost any size stack virtualy guarenteed a victory. The enemy general was killed with the first or second volley 90% of the time; multiple full stacks ( as many as three ), be they Egyptian, Greek, Roman or Carthaginian would hightail off the field after 1 volley. Many times I lost more troops to friendly fire than enemy action, even killing my own Family Member when pursuing a broken unit, my Noble Maidens, having destroyed the other 5 remaining units, opened fire on the unit my general was pursuing.

The tax and population bonuses give massive growth in treasury and citizens, that allow for nearly unlimited recruiting of units on <Huge> setting, that at the same time deplete the non player factions population. Anything smaller than a large city is down to about 400-500 population very quickly.

I tried to 'dumb down' my play style, disband the free elite units I get capturing Tecape, not recruiting any, the catapult biremes and triremes get 108, opposed to other factions 43.

A game is enjoyable only as long as it is playable, being almost guarenteed a victoy ( I play VH/VH ), there is little incentive to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by allypup View Post
    First off, I love the realization of a mod I have hoped for. I know some of history and Amazon legends, but am by no means an expert. So I will not critique the work on Amazon units.

My concern is with playability and balance.

As Lybian, I found after only about 10 years, I was unstoppable. Using only 1 elite unit in almost any size stack virtualy guarenteed a victory. The enemy general was killed with the first or second volley 90% of the time; multiple full stacks ( as many as three ), be they Egyptian, Greek, Roman or Carthaginian would hightail off the field after 1 volley. Many times I lost more troops to friendly fire than enemy action, even killing my own Family Member when pursuing a broken unit, my Noble Maidens, having destroyed the other 5 remaining units, opened fire on the unit my general was pursuing.

The tax and population bonuses give massive growth in treasury and citizens, that allow for nearly unlimited recruiting of units on <Huge> setting, that at the same time deplete the non player factions population. Anything smaller than a large city is down to about 400-500 population very quickly.

I tried to 'dumb down' my play style, disband the free elite units I get capturing Tecape, not recruiting any, the catapult biremes and triremes get 108, opposed to other factions 43.

A game is enjoyable only as long as it is playable, being almost guarenteed a victoy ( I play VH/VH ), there is little incentive to play again.
    Really appreciate you share these observations.

I need to analyze more on the population depletion part.

But do need to point out that Libyan became unstoppable only because you knew about Tecape is the first quest for the Libyan.

When you play the other Amazon or neo-Amazon factions, it is not the same as Libyan Amazons. The table can get turned around very quickly. And taking Tecape will not accord the player any advanced tech units.

Also, for the vanilla RTW, the first 40 turns (equals 10 years in the Amazon Total War) of any playable faction will usually decide the player can win or not, and as the player figure out how to make it happen, it is usually a guarantee win, and thereafter, unstoppable. So AmazonTW is not alone.

It is also interesting to have seen another post (in the 6.0 thread) which complains that Amazonia is so weak, playing that faction almost always got wiped out by the Armenia.

For the new release, we are planning on testing out some (but not all) of the options:

1. Increase number of turns to recruit and train the advanced tech units.
    2. delay the rate of fire for the advanced tech units so the player must have low tech unit protecting the advanced tech units.
    3. make quest dynamic, so in each new campaign the user never know what would be the new quest location.
    4. make the quest location prone to rebellion. And all the advanced tech facility will be destroyed as a result.
    5. make the advanced tech unit very expensive.
    6. Make the advanced units available only if a combination of criterion are presenting themselves.
    for example, if the faction leader or heir, is in town for so many turns
    or certain agents of exceptional capability are there for so many turns
    or if the location capable of producing advanced tech units is under attack.

7. Make the advanced units available only if some many battles are lost (or won).
    8. right now the advanced tech units are accessible by one faction only (which is always the player's Amazon/new-Amazon faction). The new revision could have all the Amazon factions or neo-Amazon factions be allowed to recruit advanced tech units if they fulfill their quest whether they are played by AI or human.

Let me know if you have any preferences, or suggestions.
    Last edited by parthian shot; August 30, 2012 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks for the rapid response.

In RTW mods, my first time play will be the Carthaginians, so the Lybian was the natural choice for me.

RE the 10 year notation, I was not blitzing, 1 settlement per year ( 3 turns of waiting ).

As to the specifics:

VG 2t for land based, 3t for naval

2. delay the rate of fire for the advanced tech units so the player must have low tech unit protecting the advanced tech units.
    G requires the player to be careful not to have protecting troops freindly fired in the back.

3. make quest dynamic, so in each new campaign the user never know what would be the new quest location.
    OK but I assume the scricpting would be complicated.

4. make the quest location prone to rebellion. And all the advanced tech facility will be destroyed as a result.
    Scripting again, perhaps building tree adjustment in time and cost. Instead of top level buildings appearing when capturing Tecape, one level lower.

Relative to any changes in taxation revenues the AT units should cost a lot.

6. Make the advanced units available only if a combination of criterion are presenting themselves.
    Faction leader, heir, or maybe 5 star manager.

7. Make the advanced units available only if some many battles are lost (or won).
    I'm a sore loser. Maybe a time delay of a year or two.

8. right now the advanced tech units are accessible by one faction only (which is always the player's Amazon/new-Amazon faction). The new revision could have all the Amazon factions or neo-Amazon factions be allowed to recruit advanced tech units if they fulfill their quest whether they are played by AI or human.
    Ah ha, competion!

In addition, not related to balance, the number and steepness of hills on battle map. I know it is a hard code thing with formations alinging to the slope and not the enemy, IMHO the work around for this is finding the balance between realistic terrain depiction and what the hard code does to your formations.

Quote Originally Posted by allypup View Post
    Thanks for the rapid response.

In RTW mods, my first time play will be the Carthaginians, so the Lybian was the natural choice for me.

RE the 10 year notation, I was not blitzing, 1 settlement per year ( 3 turns of waiting ).

As to the specifics:

VG 2t for land based, 3t for naval

Probably will have to make this an option, so the player can choose it either way.

G requires the player to be careful not to have protecting troops freindly fired in the back.
    Probably will have to make this an option, so the player can choose it either way.

OK but I assume the scricpting would be complicated.

Would be a pre-game script generator in Python or Java.

Scripting again, perhaps building tree adjustment in time and cost. Instead of top level buildings appearing when capturing Tecape, one level lower.

Relative to any changes in taxation revenues the AT units should cost a lot.

Faction leader, heir, or maybe 5 star manager.

I'm a sore loser. Maybe a time delay of a year or two.

Ah ha, competion!

Probably will have to make this an option too, so the player can choose it either way.

In addition, not related to balance, the number and steepness of hills on battle map. I know it is a hard code thing with formations alinging to the slope and not the enemy, IMHO the work around for this is finding the balance between realistic terrain depiction and what the hard code does to your formations.

Our current RSII battlemap has over done it a little, the Vanilla terrain is flatter and more realistic.