Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

I do not think there is anything I can do about that. I have not done anything with the ground types there, so it must be something from the game itself. It looks like it is just the water texture acting weird. Fiddling with your graphics card's settings might do something (I am rather doubtful, but you never know).

I was thinking it was the game because this is the first time i`ve ever seen anything like this. I have not done anything with my graphics card. It the fog of war thats seems to be the problem. Even with toggle_fow it does not go away.

One of my settlement got sieged and finally attacked (I play macedon, town with stone wall) while the game loads the battle map a CTD occured.

Got this error message (image attached)... missing file?
    Fixed it that way, go to:
    Rome - Total War\amazon\data\models_building\textures
    Find file:
    ##standard_macedonia.tga
    Copy it then rename the copy to:
    ##standard_macedon.tga

I've changed the resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024, but the buildings and character portraits are still 1024x768 format. This looks really ugly, is there something I can do to fix this?
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Hi guys i need help how to set the minimal age for a general lower than 16? (I would like to make my son a general in game XD) pls help me thanks.

Hey Mulladi there is no way in Rome to set the minimum age for the generam under 16 years of age. In Medieval 2 you could change the age but thaat file is not present in Rome because it was made for Medieval 2.

Icon8 Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Whenever I start Amazon Total War an error pops up saying failed to find steam.What?!

If you installed the game to steam, you will have to start it through steam.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Icon14 Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

I fixed it,I found out steam uses steam itself,and it never messes with the original game launcher itself.

Solution:Steam shortcut of RTW should be on your desktop (properties/target will say c/program files/steam/steam.exe - applaunch 4760 (may vary)) and so forth.copy that shortcut,go to your NEW shortcuts properties and at the end type -mod:amazon and WOOLAH AH.

BTW,I played campaign and so far 0 bugs

Just found a bug. I ve captured an independent celtic settlement and saw that the settlement had 2 traders(barbarian) buildings. Another minor bug I notice is a region name near the valkyrja capital had an underscore on it.

And one more thing, barbarian farm+3 on text/export_buildings.txt should be called Irrigation, not farm+3.

Great mod so far.
    Last edited by epaacccc; March 04, 2010 at 08:13 AM.

About the traders, one should be of "amazon" culture and other should be "barbarian". Check it out by leaving the cursor on the traders.
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Probably its because of the campaign script. Ive disabled it anyway and the problem is gone.
    This mod also crashes occasionally after big battles, seems that its an rtw bug which happens on every mod with high unit morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    3.0 is for BI only, so you are correct that 2.5 is the last version that will work for RTW.

Try deleting RTW\Amazon\Data\World\Maps\Base\map.rwm. If that does not work delete your entire Amazon\Data folder and all subfolders. Then reinstall ATW.
    I have the same problem i dont want teh BI version so i just downloaded 2.5 for RTW and the patches ive done this several time it works and crap but when i go to click on Imperial Campaign it says that i need to choose a selection from the list and when i exit out this error warning appears:

Script Error in
    amazon/data/word/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_/strat.txt, at line 28, column 1
    Expected start date of campaign or battle

HELP??????

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    3.0 is for BI only, so you are correct that 2.5 is the last version that will work for RTW.

Try deleting RTW\Amazon\Data\World\Maps\Base\map.rwm. If that does not work delete your entire Amazon\Data folder and all subfolders. Then reinstall ATW.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Well I have a strange bug with this savegame. It won't load. Can someone else try to laod it and see what happens? If it loads, advance a turn or make another save and post it here, please.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attachment 79438
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

I found an annoying bug with the strat map. To the east of the amazonian starting area there is a river that flows from a mountain range, right at the beginning of the river is a small flat area that is inaccessible to your armies, which is not a problem, however, rebel armies can spawn in that small spot and without being able to get to them, they just sit on your territory causing devastation without being able to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by xXHUNTERXx View Post
    I fixed it,I found out steam uses steam itself,and it never messes with the original game launcher itself.

Solution:Steam shortcut of RTW should be on your desktop (properties/target will say c/program files/steam/steam.exe - applaunch 4760 (may vary)) and so forth.copy that shortcut,go to your NEW shortcuts properties and at the end type -mod:amazon and WOOLAH AH.

BTW,I played campaign and so far 0 bugs
    all you have to do is right click the RTW steam icon and go to the set launch options, than just add -mod:amazon -show_err to that, than when you click the icon to launch, make sure you select BI and not regular RTW. If you want to go back to normal than remove that from the launch options.

sometimes when loading the battle, it stops and amazon tw isn't responding with a brand-new installation of rome tw

i get an error message saying missing file dacia_sm_captain.CAS

Medusa0's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by moivao View Post
    sometimes when loading the battle, it stops and amazon tw isn't responding with a brand-new installation of rome tw
    What version of the mod and RTW are you using? Make sure your game is patched up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by huguhb View Post
    i get an error message saying missing file dacia_sm_captain.CAS
    Again what version of the mod are you using? There's no reason why that error should ever pop up in the latest version (BI 3.0) as the file is not referenced anywhere.
    Last edited by Medusa0; November 15, 2010 at 01:05 AM.