Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

I now have the latest 7a and 3c, and I'm going to enjoy both - the different styles are both interesting.
    I noticed two ( very minor )things in 7a ( one of which I think persists from 6 ):
    The Amazonia Temple of Victory buildings have, under description," #PLACEHOLDER DEFAULT ", and the final one "Warning, this message should not appear"
    The Egyptian legion-clone ( in custom battle ) is called " Unlocalised placement text "
    As I say, unimportant details.

Regarding Alex ( which I liked but probably wouldn't play again ), it is one of the programs that, when uninstalled, still show up in the Windows control panel list of programs to remove and yet, when selected for removal, cannot be found. Indeed a search of the disc can't find them. Ghosts I tells ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Anfindol View Post
    I now have the latest 7a and 3c, and I'm going to enjoy both - the different styles are both interesting.
    I noticed two ( very minor )things in 7a ( one of which I think persists from 6 ):
    The Amazonia Temple of Victory buildings have, under description," #PLACEHOLDER DEFAULT ", and the final one "Warning, this message should not appear"
    The Egyptian legion-clone ( in custom battle ) is called " Unlocalised placement text "
    As I say, unimportant details.

Regarding Alex ( which I liked but probably wouldn't play again ), it is one of the programs that, when uninstalled, still show up in the Windows control panel list of programs to remove and yet, when selected for removal, cannot be found. Indeed a search of the disc can't find them. Ghosts I tells ya!
    Thanks for the note. These are very important details, so we really appreciate the findings.

Our team member Celestial Shuttle Buddy is hard at work to correct these issues. The Ptolemaic Silvershield Cohort is a new unit just added to the 7.0A mod, and once again issues like the "Unlocalised placement text" for the new unit slipped through our testing process because we checked in the tested data in sequence from different locations around the world and there is no unified network source code control between the volunteers.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 03, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Default Re: Balance Issues

I like the new map in Recalesced, but:
    I usually like to play a Thyssa campaign, but in 7a I found their start position too challenging - by the time I found the neighbouring settlements my debt was huge, the "rebel" garrisons outnumbered my armies, and concentrating the scattered small forces over such huge distances to make a start ( presumably against Thrace, as I hope other factions will be easier meat ) will take debt increasing time. Can't even go Horde, with three towns.
    This is a new thing, as in 6k Thyssa is not so distance-crippled. Those distances are a challenge that can be overcome.

{ BTW - Recalesced? Or recoalesced? }

Default Re: Balance Issues

I like the new map in Recalesced, but:
    I usually like to play a Thyssa campaign, but in 7a I found their start position too challenging - by the time I found the neighbouring settlements my debt was huge, the "rebel" garrisons outnumbered my armies, and concentrating the scattered small forces over such huge distances to make a start ( presumably against Thrace, as I hope other factions will be easier meat ) will take debt increasing time. Can't even go Horde, with three towns.
    This is a new thing, as in 6k Thyssa is not so distance-crippled. Those distances are a challenge that can be overcome.

{ BTW - Recalesced? Or recoalesced? }
    It is Recalesced, meaning re-heated so a material/body transformation is taking shape.

Actually, Thyssa's position is quite attainable if you can fulfill the first quest. Once new weapons and units are available, those rebels with wagons and artillery are not able to do much.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Katsoro's Avatar Libertus

I have found a problem with 7a. Every time I start a battle against gaul that has barbarian chariots in it (campaign or custom battle) the game crashes to desktop and I get an Error message that says
    Generic Error: Failed to find texture 'AmazonsTW-Recalesced/data/modls_unit/txtures/amazon_archer_regular.tga.png'.

I'm sure I downloaded and installed everything right and everything else works right (Save for the Amazonia Temple of having #PLACEHOLDER DEFAULT for a description and the amazon mercenaries in Italy being called #PLACEHOLDER DEFAULT and having no description).

Quote Originally Posted by Katsoro View Post
    I have found a problem with 7a. Every time I start a battle against gaul that has barbarian chariots in it (campaign or custom battle) the game crashes to desktop and I get an Error message that says
    Generic Error: Failed to find texture 'AmazonsTW-Recalesced/data/modls_unit/txtures/amazon_archer_regular.tga.png'.

I'm sure I downloaded and installed everything right and everything else works right (Save for the Amazonia Temple of having #PLACEHOLDER DEFAULT for a description and the amazon mercenaries in Italy being called #PLACEHOLDER DEFAULT and having no description).
    Thank you! Katsoro, for the finding.

I am not sure which server you download the file from, but the Barb Chariot problem has already been corrected, and we have re-tested what you describe just to be sure.

However, there was an issue with the download server which revert back to older file and we knew that the barb_chariot is not working if you download the file from the server stated the file to be the correct version but it is not.

So a few things you can check to be sure.

1. If you started the campaign as Geothe Amazon faction, does your spy recruitment card look like a face?

2. If you go to custom battle, and recruit celt (Briton or Far East Celt) troop, and select the male peasant units, does your unit wear pants when you see them in the battlefield or tunics?

3. Do you see your Ptolemaic Egyptian faction have roman legion like unit for recruitment?

It would help us greatly to determine which file you have if you tell us what you find from the above checks.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 11, 2013 at 05:15 PM.

Also from your description about the Amazonia Temple is having "...#PLACEHOLDER DEFAULT ..." message. It definitely looks like you have a beta version of the Amazon Total War - Recalesced.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Thank you! Katsoro, for the finding.

I am not sure which server you download the file from, but the Barb Chariot problem has already been corrected, and we have re-tested what you describe just to be sure.

However, there was an issue with the download server which revert back to older file and we knew that the barb_chariot is not working if you download the file from the server stated the file to be the correct version but it is not.

So a few things you can check to be sure.

1. If you started the campaign as Geothe Amazon faction, does your spy recruitment card look like a face?

2. If you go to custom battle, and recruit celt (Briton or Far East Celt) troop, and select the male peasant units, does your unit wear pants when you see them in the battlefield or tunics?

3. Do you see your Ptolemaic Egyptian faction have roman legion like unit for recruitment?

It would help us greatly to determine which file you have if you tell us what you find from the above checks.
    1. Yes the spy and diplomat have have portraits like a general.

2. Celt peasants wear tunics and pants.

3. The Ptolemaic Egyptian faction has a unit called undisclosed placement text that appears to be a legion style unit because it can form a Turtle and throws missals before charging.

PS. Sorry for the late reply .

1. Yes the spy and diplomat have have portraits like a general.

2. Celt peasants wear tunics and pants.

3. The Ptolemaic Egyptian faction has a unit called undisclosed placement text that appears to be a legion style unit because it can form a Turtle and throws missals before charging.

PS. Sorry for the late reply .
    From your checklist, it looks definitely like you have 7.0A content. But because you also have the Amazon Temple undisclosed placement text problem and the gaul barb_chariot problem, it also looks like some 7.0Beta files are still in your 7.0A folder.

The level of problem could be two-fold

1. Your download file messed up at the server, in this case you should re-download (recommend using TWC's download instead the external ones). Like [here].

2. You did not delete the previous files (6.0K, 7.0beta, and so on), in this case you should completely delete the AmazonTW-Recalesced folder and completely re-install the mod file.

I think the best way might be going with option #1. And the install the mod file by first deleting your older AmazonTW-Recalesced folder.

But that is just a personal opinion.
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 12, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

I never had any other version of Recalesced, I just switched from Reignited so there is no way any files from a previous version could be affecting it. SO it looks like I need to re-download it, well thanks for the help .

I never had any other version of Recalesced, I just switched from Reignited so there is no way any files from a previous version could be affecting it. SO it looks like I need to re-download it, well thanks for the help .
    Well, hope you get it working this time around.

Could you post where did you download the file from?

Thanks
    Last edited by parthian shot; February 12, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

I downloaded it from the first link on the Amazon: Total War 7.0 Release topic so I believe it was from FileSwap. I have re-downloaded and installed it and it's working with no problems now .

I've just finished off Rome, and found another little missing text. The mercenary Amazon ( presumably, from pic and stats ) Hoplite available on the Italian peninsular is called "placeholder text".

I'm not sure which town triggered the Quest completion, because I grabbed three at once and don't often look at the little notification icons, but once Amazonia got all those high-end units the Seleucids and Rome got trampled by a cavalry/elephant/chariot half-stack each. Though I did sack Rome with a force of heavy peltast rebel-bashers shipped over for a quick exploitation, just to rub it in. Fun. Now I'm going to carry on East and explore the map.

I've just finished off Rome, and found another little missing text. The mercenary Amazon ( presumably, from pic and stats ) Hoplite available on the Italian peninsular is called "placeholder text".

I'm not sure which town triggered the Quest completion, because I grabbed three at once and don't often look at the little notification icons, but once Amazonia got all those high-end units the Seleucids and Rome got trampled by a cavalry/elephant/chariot half-stack each. Though I did sack Rome with a force of heavy peltast rebel-bashers shipped over for a quick exploitation, just to rub it in. Fun. Now I'm going to carry on East and explore the map.
    There a few mercenary Amazon hoplite class units, is it a militia mercenary unit or all green uniform, fully geared infantry unit?

Militia I think. Topless with crested helmet spear and shield in thumbnail. Stats: attack 7, Light weapon, defence 18, can form shieldwall and hide anywhere. Description is "unlocalised placeholder text" as well as title.

Thank you! That helps a great deal.

Default Armens won't die

Okay so I'm playing as Amazonia, just tacking all the rebel cities I can and building an economy. Armens decides to attack me and lay siege to my capital, I bet them off and then conquered Satala (population 400) then Kotais (population 3,000). Armens then begs for a ceasefire and I accepted. Of course they turned around and started a war again, so I want and took Mtskheta (population 2,000) then Armavira (population 500) killing the king and successor.

This left Phraaspa (population 400) there only city and I took it turning them into a hoard. The hoard had 4 full 2,200 man stacks, 2 halve 1,000 man stacks a new king, successor and 3 new generals in all about ten thousand men all with armor upgrades and silver veteran levels. This was kind of odd seeing as the entire population of all there cites was only 6,300 but I did not dwell on it because the horde ran and I had other wars going on.

After awhile one of my generals was heading towards Seleucia to build a watchtower (the Seleucids surrendered Hatra and Damascus for a ceasefire) only to find it is now in Armens control. Whats more there is a horde coming right at my lone general who is out of movement points.

Simply put my general dies, I turn into the hulk reload, bring down 3 amazon pathfinders and massacre them. I then bring in another general with 3 armored flam elephants and proceed to massacre the Armens hoard killing all there generals and all there solders. Save for the tropes in Seleucia and there king who is also in Seleucia (I used toggle_fow to make sure). Then I took Seleucia via auto-resolve but instead of being destroyed a new hoard of ten thousand spawns with a new king, successor and 2 generals all with armor upgrades and silver veteran levels .

So basically I killed all there solders took all there cites and killed the whole royal family twice over but Armens is still alive and kicking. Any ideas on how to kill this terminator?

Default Re: Armens won't die

They probably horde.

Ops, I meant horde but I guess it's to late now seeing as this forum dose not allow post editing.

Okay so I'm playing as Amazonia, just tacking all the rebel cities I can and building an economy. Armens decides to attack me and lay siege to my capital, I bet them off and then conquered Satala (population 400) then Kotais (population 3,000). Armens then begs for a ceasefire and I accepted. Of course they turned around and started a war again, so I want and took Mtskheta (population 2,000) then Armavira (population 500) killing the king and successor.

This left Phraaspa (population 400) there only city and I took it turning them into a hoard. The hoard had 4 full 2,200 man stacks, 2 halve 1,000 man stacks a new king, successor and 3 new generals in all about ten thousand men all with armor upgrades and silver veteran levels. This was kind of odd seeing as the entire population of all there cites was only 6,300 but I did not dwell on it because the horde ran and I had other wars going on.

After awhile one of my generals was heading towards Seleucia to build a watchtower (the Seleucids surrendered Hatra and Damascus for a ceasefire) only to find it is now in Armens control. Whats more there is a horde coming right at my lone general who is out of movement points.

Simply put my general dies, I turn into the hulk reload, bring down 3 amazon pathfinders and massacre them. I then bring in another general with 3 armored flam elephants and proceed to massacre the Armens hoard killing all there generals and all there solders. Save for the tropes in Seleucia and there king who is also in Seleucia (I used toggle_fow to make sure). Then I took Seleucia via auto-resolve but instead of being destroyed a new hoard of ten thousand spawns with a new king, successor and 2 generals all with armor upgrades and silver veteran levels .

So basically I killed all there solders took all there cites and killed the whole royal family twice over but Armens is still alive and kicking. Any ideas on how to kill this terminator?
    Well, if you got all the Armen's generals, the faction will die. if you got only most of the generals, but not all of them, they will just went into the horde mode over and over again.

It is actually kind of interesting, because usually they should turn against other factions, not the faction that took over all of their regions.