Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Default Re: Bug Reports and Technical Help

Well the bug is not ours. I don't want to endorse anyone, but 7zip utility seems to run best.

Also, if you are running win 8 - 10, please check the recommendation about running RTW on these platform.

For a year ago, did you use Windows 10? or another platform?
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

I was using window 10 as I am now. The mod back then was also refulgent, just an earlier version. There was nothing wrong in that version, everything worked fine. I enjoyed it a lot and left a 10 for you guys on ModDB. The general and captain units on the imperial map lack feet and face as well as other amazon units on the battle map; this happens with amazon factions only. I run RTW on window 10 just fine and other mods.

Thank you for the sighting.

Can you specify which faction and which units?
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by YuriisMaster View Post
    I was using window 10 as I am now. The mod back then was also refulgent, just an earlier version. There was nothing wrong in that version, everything worked fine. I enjoyed it a lot and left a 10 for you guys on ModDB. The general and captain units on the imperial map lack feet and face as well as other amazon units on the battle map; this happens with amazon factions only. I run RTW on window 10 just fine and other mods.
    And also would be helpful if you can specify which previous version you tried and worked fine in Win 10.

Thanks

It was the 8.1O version. The affected united are mainly in the "tank" chariot category and the unit captain on the battlefield. New/remodeled units such as spartan hoplites are fine, they work flawlessly. Idk if it was my pc but it's weird to only happen to some particular amazon units.

Checking back here after a while and noticing that the same problem still seems to be around. Parthian shot, you have now the same error appearing, so I do believe that the bug is in the mod. I can also try to see if I still get the errors. Will take a few days though.

Well, I downloaded version 8.4D and tested it. No error messages during download or installation. But the following problems are there:

1. Missing body parts. For example:
    - female militia warband: the unit captain has no face, legs or left arm (not sure about the right one)
    - line plumbatarii cohort: soldiers have no weapon, same problem with captain as above

2. Overall problem with how the game looks like. I'm running 1920 x 1080 x 32, but the image is very "grainy", as if it would be very low resolution (although the game's video setting shows 1920x1080x32). Also, the battlefield seems to be darker than in most other mods.

3. The main menu does not seem to fit my screen. Using the resolution mentioned above, for example the RETURN icon in the lower left corner is party outside the visible area. As if the image would try to use more space than is available.

I haven't experienced such problems before without something being wrong in the mod. Parthian shot, I remember you writing something about a new technique used in the models or skeletons. Could that be the problem at least regarding item 1) above?

Anyone else with similar experience?

8.4D
    Some of the unit is glitchy,such as amazon archer,amazon armored general,etc.

This is an excellent mod. thanks to all the game modders .
    What directX version do you need to play the latest version?

Hello - I'd really like to play this mod, and I've completed the instructions on the ReadMe but it's still not working.
    I have the Steam version of the game, but the instructions for Steam users don't get me anywhere. Following the instructions for regular Rome gets me to a title screen, but I get a 'script error' and it refuses to play. Apparently the 'horde_min_units' feature is not supported.
    I did get a minor error when extracting (using WinZip), but that didn't stop it from working, so I shrugged it off.
    I installed this - https://www.moddb.com/mods/amazons-t...-refulgent-84f
    Could someone help, please?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Please link me to the install ReadMe that you used.

Here: file:///C:/Users/lazyo/Downloads/AmazonsTW-Refulgent/AmazonsTW-Refulgent_ReadMe/Amazons%20Total%20War%20-%20Refulgent%20%20Readme.html

Thanks chap.
    Also, how do you Edit a previously made post on this forum?

Blog Entries

Local files (on your computer) cannot be accessed from here - compress this folder of yours that contains the ReadME: AmazonsTW-Refulgent_ReadMe (7Zip is freeware), then upload the zip file to a service like mediafire.com and paste the link here.

You should be able to edit your own posts after a certain number of posts, I think it's 20 or 25.

Blog Entries

Right, here is the crunch, the desktop short cut stuff:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 4760 -mod:AmazonsTW-Refulgent -show_err -nm

1. Create a desktop short cut to your Steam.exe file (right click file, choose 'send to\desktop'), the default path to the file is C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe (the red part)
    2. Open the desktop properties by right clicking it and choosing 'properties'
    3. In the 'target' section add the blue part, make sure to leave a space between red and blue
    4. Click 'apply' and 'ok' and you are ready to play.

This method is preferable over Steam's launch option.

Done that, getting the exact same error I get when I tried to do that with the Rome executable the way the readme suggested.

Blog Entries

I am just back tracking and notice the 'horde...' is not supported comment. That requires the BI executable, the default executable does not support it.

I also dug out my old BAT file for the RTR mod. It's Alexander based but it should work just as fine for BI:

@echo off
    cd ..\.
    start RomeTW-BI.exe -mod:AmazonsTW-Refulgent -show_err -nm

So high-jack the BAT file from your TATW mod, remove the content and replace it with the above entry, place it in the root of the amazon directory. Then try to start your mod by double clicking it. Make sure your amazons directory has a 'preferences' directory with a preferences file in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am just back tracking and notice the 'horde...' is not supported comment. That requires the BI executable, the default executable does not support it.

I also dug out my old BAT file for the RTR mod. It's Alexander based but it should work just as fine for BI:

@echo off
    cd ..\.

So high-jack the BAT file from your TATW mod, remove the content and replace it with the above entry, place it in the root of the amazon directory. Then try to start your mod by double clicking it. Make sure your amazons directory has a 'preferences' directory with a preferences file in it.
    Okay, I've copy/pasted the TATW BAT file into the AmazonsTW-Refulgent folder, edited the contents to:

@echo off
    cd ..\.

And I'm still getting the exact same issue. It's amazing how many different routes we're finding to the splash screen all of which get screwed by the same fatal error....

Blog Entries

Well, then the only explanation seems to be the unpacking error you mentioned at the beginning. Try unpacking again and if the error persist download again from a different source: https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.ph...60143#msg60143

Or maybe try 7zip to extract the file, it's freeware: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html - the amazon team actually recommends to use it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 16, 2019 at 09:04 AM.