Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TWC Is Now Under Martial Law

Ummmmm... this forum is certainly weird sometimes.

Did I miss a memo?

Why is Spartan now a trivum? I thought that it had been decided that Boris' post will not be filled for sometime.

Centurion Quintus's Avatar Campidoctor

Have you read anything over the last day? :huh

Originally posted by Centurion Quintus@May 25 2005, 11:34 PM
    Have you read anything over the last day? :huh
    Yes, but I dont remember any votes or any nominations, or even a comment by the original trivum that stated that Spartan be made a trivum.

I mean, a trvium is more than just a mod, they are the rulers of this place. Its been practicly a year since NM became one and there have been no new trivums since.

imported_Mithras

It is temporary.. TEMPORARY.

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

@deathdoom56 - the person with the "Site Admin" logo is the legal owner of TWC and is therefore the real "boss" of this community please don't lose site of this simple fact. It is really great that we have our Greco-Roman system in play here but when things get "real" such as matters related to site security the fantasy stops.
    -Spartan
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

GodEmperor Nicholas, the investigation has been vetoed by Sulla!
    Your thoughts please...

I think i speak for lot of us when I look to you, seeing as you seem to be the most senior memeber around...

Please clear up what is/isn't going to happen...

-deguerra

P.S. im not neccessarily critizising Sulla's veto, I have too little understanding of the situation

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

What investigation?
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Sulla's Avatar Sulla

I have to agree with Spartan here. I love the rough and tumble of our forum politics and Sytagma system but when the site is under attack and admin accounts are compromised you really have to let the Admins do their thing until it all settles.

Let's not lose site of the fact that the owners of the site are investigating this attack and want everything stable again for the interim.

Under the Patronage of the noble Senatorii Wild Bill Kelso
    Brother Of Necrobrit, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran and Oldgamer
    Patron of the Senatorii cunobelin & the CivitateLegio XX Valeria Victrix

To those with worries or concerns -

Internet communities are communities, and therefore when they get shaken up it causes distress, so I understand your concerns. However, at the end of the day, no lives and no properties are on the line, so it is not a big deal. Let what needs to be done, be done.

Besides, as has already been pointed out, this site does have a legal owner, with whom final authority rests in any case. No one can conduct a coup against that person, because that person has recourse to the real law. Ergo, no worries.

imported_Mithras

The vote was vetoed because this boards politics shouldn't affect how I or the other admins run this place. The administrators should be exempt from the game playing, if the members want to have their government thats ok but its going to stay at their level.

If I want to decide to implement signatures as 300x100 I shouldn't have to have my decision subverted and put to a vote.

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

ok that makes things a whole lot better. thanks for all of yalls hard work.Mithras, will you let the community know anythingabout the investigation?i understand if you cant just wanted to know.....

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

This is a post from Sib.
    There should not be any further questions or comments about this matter now. With that said this thread is closed.
    -Spartan
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345