Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug!

Yes, will do. I plan to do this a bit later for the early campaign at least (will get out the updated version by this evening), and will do the late campaign by this weekend. Until then, you may not want to play this one, because the updated startpos has a lot of updates and bug fixes, which mine doesn't.

OK, 22/6 patch compatible for early campaign!

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Irmo View Post
    OK, 22/6 patch compatible for early campaign!

EDIT: just tried the new startpos, i got a ctd when i try to start a new campaign, maybe there is some problem with the file?
    Last edited by antares24; June 24, 2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

i got CTD -every time when i choose faction,moment after i see my desktop...any idea why

Bornstein's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! Early Campaign Compatible with ETW 1.3!

Late game seems compatible, not early campaign though. I am a 100% sure, I had a virgin copy of E:TW.

I downloaded this, it seems, almost immediately after or, immediately before you verified compatibility, maybe I downloaded the old version by coincidence. Hmm, let me try to re-download.
    Last edited by Bornstein; June 24, 2009 at 03:59 PM.

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! Early Campaign Compatible with ETW 1.3!

Your updated mod is just giving CTDs now whenever trying to start a campaign.

Yes.. It appears there is now a problem with cpying any game files from old startposes, and completely new ones may have to be made.

So none of the unlock faction mods work.......God do I hate what CA has done to empire.

Ack, we are dead. Loved the mod pre 1.3
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

I downloaded the make all factions playable start startpos and replaced the old one with it but now the game just crashes whenever i try to start any campaign, if it makes any difference im on windows vista

finian1712

Ahh so know for a whole short campaign you have to write the whole file again?

A file with the FOW bug can probably be made easily, but to make a new one without FOW bug, a game played on the 1.3 patch with the whole world conquered is needed (or a few games with all of the world conquered between them). If anyone has one of these files - then send me a link to it, and I promise to get the no FOW bug file up within a few days.

If anyone could just play a game on Easy Easy, and conquer the world, that would be great.

Then again, it may be that the startpos has been changed so drastically that someone will have to find out a completely new way of taking away the FOW bug.

antares24's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Irmo View Post
    A file with the FOW bug can probably be made easily, but to make a new one without FOW bug, a game played on the 1.3 patch with the whole world conquered is needed (or a few games with all of the world conquered between them). If anyone has one of these files - then send me a link to it, and I promise to get the no FOW bug file up within a few days.

If anyone could just play a game on Easy Easy, and conquer the world, that would be great.

Then again, it may be that the startpos has been changed so drastically that someone will have to find out a completely new way of taking away the FOW bug.
    hi irmo, i see the problem, but can you in the meantime make a startpros file with the minor faction unlocked, even with the fow bug? I played a campaign with venice with that bug when Empire was just released, and it wasn't such a big problem. So a mod with the faction unlocked, even if with the fow bug will still be really appreciated, can you make it please?
    Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest

"Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn’t even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back.” Heraclitus

A startpos file that has playability unlocked is here

It also contains some other minor changes, but they are only cosmetical.

Adding Victory Conditions and removing the FOW bug is a ton of work compared to the minor changes unlocking playability takes. I hope you can find the time to do it again. Really bad the copy function does not work.

btw, in world -> faction_array -> economics you can modify the starting money of a faction. Set it to a really huge ammount for a major faction you want to play. You do not need to "own" the region to have LOS, protectorate status does it as well.
    So what you can do is buy every region from an opponent, except the last one (you can't) and then bribe him into being your protectorate. This way you can quickly have LOS on the whole map (it is what I did back then). ATTENTION! this does not work on pirates, as they are not diplomatical.

FYI- Scotland is 100% Islamic at the start of the game. I have played through the Brits a couple of times now and I always get rebellions in Scotland because of this.

"My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! Not compatible ATM - BUGS! Sorry!

Lazy Knight - is this unlocking mod made after the latest patch? Did you check it out?
    By the way, I like a mod without many other changes; just the unlocked factions.

I have a new game install and do not want to mess it up; but I like to play as Portugal.
    Last edited by Fridericus Rex; June 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM.

As of you have this annoying ivory coast camera focus when the game first enters in the campaign map, do this:

Go to startpos.esf/CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV and delete the record CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER with it's sub-record (press continue on the exception message). Save the file. Open it again in CAMPAIGN_ENV. Now open in the same instance of esfEditor a startpos of the previous version (whatever mod). Go to CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER under CAMPAIGN_ENV and copy/paste to CAMPAIGN_ENV of the newer startpos. This does not have a sub-record but the work has been done. Now the camera focuses on the player's faction and not in ivory coast when game starts.

Here is a version of startpos 1.3.0 with unlocked all factions and no fog of war. I've checked some nations and everything is o.k. Please feed back.

EDIT: Fixed fleets FOG.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 27, 2009 at 05:41 PM.

Thank you, HasserlTW - I have extracted the file to Desktop. Please advise on how to install.

I greatly appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridericus Rex View Post
    Thank you, HasserlTW - I have extracted the file to Desktop. Please advise on how to install.

I greatly appreciate this.
    Copy/replace startpos to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main