Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug! WORKING! Downloadable Now!

Default Re: All Factions Unlocked No FOW Bug!

does this also unlock the protectorates?

my version for sure does, but to do it you need the scripting file.
    However, protectorates do not have 100% working diplomacy

The ETW v1.1 could used this MOD?

Norway and other emergent factions are still missing.

A major problem in this fow thing is that it does not in fact cover fleets. If you can figure that out, everything would work, pirates included, I figure.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Quote Originally Posted by yangji View Post
    The ETW v1.1 could used this MOD?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    A major problem in this fow thing is that it does not in fact cover fleets. If you can figure that out, everything would work, pirates included, I figure.
    I'm going to do this today or tommorow - it is possible to do, but takes a bit of time.

Thank you

I'm about to try it out, hopefully it will work. I am very confident it will!
    Last edited by Carradice; May 22, 2009 at 02:37 PM.

Well done!
    This is the kind of perfection I failed to find anywhere else, much appreciated and I will certainly tell many of my friends of your great work. You're a absolute legend. Now I can finally play as weird nations like Dagestan! Thanks once again and keep up the good work!
    Jonathan Carradice.
    Last edited by Carradice; May 22, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

i'm interested in using this mod, but i need some help applying it to my game. because this would be my first time EVER applying a mod to any of my pc games. so if someone could message me it'd be greatly appreciated

All you need to do is download the mod, and extract the startpos.esf to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

As you will need to overwrite the original startpos.esf, it is a good idea to backup your original startpos.esf by copying and pasting it to a different folder.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but where precisely does the startpos.esf file go? Campaigns/Main or Campaigns/Main_2 ?

thanks!
    "My God, I wish we had the 9th Australian Division with us this morning."
    - - Major-General Francis de Guingaund, Chief of Staff, Allied Land-Forces Headquarters Europe, D-Day, 1944

"Australian troops had, at Milne Bay, inflicted on the Japanese their first undoubted defeat on land. Some of us may forget that, of all the allies, it was the Australians who first broke the invincibility of the Japanese army."
    — Field Marshal Sir William Slim.

campaigns/main. main_2 is for RTI episode 4, episodic_1 is for episode 1, episodic_3 is for episode 2, and episodic_5 is for episode 3.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

I tried the previous "all unlocked" version with FoW and no objectives with Persia and it worked fine. In the meantime there was a patch on Apr. 29 that modified this file, erasing your old startpos.esf.

As I read this thread I DL the new startpos.esf for all unlocked no FoW and the one of the late era 4 turns /yr.

- First file (unlocked faction) = my game crashed on the menu. Even getting past the intro was laggy.
    - Second (LE, 4tpy) = my computer crashed! This is not a joke I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to reboot.

And I wanted to play Punjab so bad! Even worse, ETW sound has gone even if my settings say everything is fine.

This ing game... sometimes it drives me mad... anyway, your file modification is unstable and may crash some computers.

This mod is built on the Apriul 29thg update, so there should be absolutely no problem there.

The only way I can see of solving this bug (and I know this is a bit extreme) is unistalling and re-installing ETW. I have seen people in the past with similair problems, and that normally seems to work. You can also try to download the file again, but apart from that, I don't think I can give you much advice, unfortunately.

If you have backed up your startpos (like you should before you download any mod), you can delete any downloaded startpos, and copy your backed up startpos into the campaigns\main folder.

I'm sure this mod may crash some computers- but I am not a multi-million inter-national corporation like CA - I can only test my mod on one computer.

Hope you can solve this problem.

Thanks for responding. Btw i found the preferences file. Note that I never blamed you, but CA. "A mod-friendly game...", "tools for modders"... yeah right...
    I miss Med2 modding so much: easy, and SAFE! ETW is a modding mess. Also, Med2/RTW foldered mods prevented from erasing the vanilla, but ETW forget that - until official extensions? Let's hope.

On second thoughts I think It's the LE 4tpy who's "problematic". I'll try with the classic 2tpy right now and let U know.

Ultimate Crash Test on the run...

The .pack mod system works like a dream with ETW - its just when you get to the esf files that it becomes a nightmare to mod. And don't worry - people will figure out how to do effective mod foldering eventually - if you think about (as I said a few posts ago), each one of the RTI campaigns use a different startpos, so it is just a matter of time before someone figures out how to add a whole new campaign with its own startpos.esf, regions.esf etc.

Also, I think all of the tpys should work, I have tried them all.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Irmo, the factions DO HAVE VC's right?

Quote Originally Posted by Irmo View Post
    The .pack mod system works like a dream with ETW - its just when you get to the esf files that it becomes a nightmare to mod. And don't worry - people will figure out how to do effective mod foldering eventually - if you think about (as I said a few posts ago), each one of the RTI campaigns use a different startpos, so it is just a matter of time before someone figures out how to add a whole new campaign with its own startpos.esf, regions.esf etc.

Also, I think all of the tpys should work, I have tried them all.
    I'll look for mod foldering and for real modding tools because now It's 1 mod at a time and there are so many already btw It's a mess here in the mods subforum, waiting for some coordination/ synthesis too. Dam' I miss the hand-made txt files! Even xml is cool compared to the new files.

Anyway, 2tpy works fine but not the others. So I succeeded in initiating a Punjab Sikhs campaign! They're so cool! (and quality troops) The Afghans are easy (except Afghanistan itself, I let rebels take it back) but the Mughals seem overpowered. They beat the crap out of the Marathas. Of course, being allied with the Brits... the LE campaign needs more diplomatic balance. Watching the "mighty georgian fleet" or the "great crimean pirates" raise the hell in the Mediterranean was quite strange too, or the British Republic vs. French Kingdom... in 1791
    EDIT: I had some big bug in summer 1792. When I tried to open the overview panel (politics/taxes etc) the screen showed errors (missing graphics, names zapped etc) and the game ended up crashing poor me!

Some screenies from Punjab:

Sikhs preparing for battle
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

They're the real M.I.B. (Men In Beards - couldn't resist that one)

Sikh Lands
    (+Sind & Baluchistan)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Big Pacha; May 22, 2009 at 06:25 PM.

Glad its working for you.

The government panel problem is a known one - it is because emergents have no government (even though they shouild really in the late campaign). I don't know why the 4 turns per year and 8 turns per year don't work, sorry.

The diplomacy may need some diplomatic balance, but I assume its a matter of chance whether the Marathas or Mughals win. The problem is, you can't tell from one campaign if its a permenant thing, or a one time thing.

Nice screenies!