Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Battle Mechanics for TATW (Compatible with patch 1.2)

Default DarthMod Battle Mechanics for TATW (Compatible with patch 1.2)

Download
    This is a mod which is based on the latest Third Age: Total War Mod.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am sorry for not answering to those who have asked me if I will update this mod. But here is the answer for all of you and all those who like this modification. I will need your feedback if you want me to evolute it.

• The scope of this project is to alter only the crucial files which interact with the AI and battle physics of the game, while retaining the balance preference of the TATW team.

• What you will notice by applying the mod:

-New AI Formations (Better positioning of AI and holding of the main line)
    -New Pathfinding (Realistic unit Movement of units, Cohesion enhanced, more effective ground penalties)
    -New BAI configurations + New Mass settings (Realistic cohesion, Penetration effects, More violence and battle frenzy in the battlefield, Powerful charges)

• As a modder myself, I want to clarify that I do not defy the very good work that it has already been done, but I want to offer my variation for all the fans who follow my logic of modding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated 5/9/2009:
    -Made it compatible with version 1.2 of TATW.
    -Tried to mod as minimally as possible so to make this an easy addon without changing the basis of the main TATW while improving crucial sectors (Mass, AI, Penetration, Battle Havoc).

Files modded:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    battle_config.xml
    config_ai_battle.xml
    descr_formations.txt
    descr_formations_ai.txt
    descr_mount.txt
    descr_pathfinding.db
    descr_pathfinding.txt

These should be compatible with many other submods and even with a future update of TATW. The only problem of compatibility with another submod would be if it adds/removes a model of a mount in the file descr_mount.txt.

Updated 15/5/2009:
    -Corrected some unbalance of trolls defence values in EDU (thanks Sith Knight zowrath for telling me)

Installation instructions:
    -Unzip
    -Copy the files over TATW 1.2 (\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data) to overwrite the original

Uninstallation instructions:
    -Use the files inside the folder "BACKUP TATW 1.2" to overwrite again the changed files.

Many thanks to the TATW team for creating this excellent work.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: DarthMod Battle Mechanics for TATW (Compatible with patch 1.1)

Good work, + Rep.

When I finally get to play this I'm going to have way too many EDU's to choose from.

Thank you all mighty lord vader!!

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

Thanks Darth I am gonna use this, just as soon as I get the patch downloaded.
    Want your Nazgul to live forever? Click Here!!

Will this be released for real combat? I would really like to play this but I do not want to sacrifice real combat.

The is a different thread for the RC version.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260014
    Want your Nazgul to live forever? Click Here!!

Comandante's Avatar Libertus

thanks darth but I was wondering if your mod is fully compaitible with the additional units mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Comandante View Post
    thanks darth but I was wondering if your mod is fully compaitible with the additional units mod.
    It doesn't look so from the EDU file I think.

@Darth

I understand you dropped the RC project, but me and probably a lot of your other Sith followers would really appreciate if you could include Additional Units compatibility AU is really nice to have with TATW, and there aren't really too many new units to include.

I will of course immediately drop RC and follow your mod here, but I can't really use your EDU yet though.

The EDU I provide only alters the trolls. Nothing else.

I will fix a compatible version this afternoon, since you all ask.
    In the meantime, one can play by not using my EDU and fix the trolls himself according to my very smallalterations (lowering their defense).

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Very interesting work! +rep

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

What I love MOST about this is that you already give backup. I don't need to search for the damn files!

Citizen

So this is not compatible with RC?

Quote Originally Posted by Fereveldir View Post

I was wondering about that myself.

Comparing the last release for RC and this for TATW I only see battle_config.xml had some changes as far as I know, and the addition of the EDU file with modified Trolls.
    Last edited by zowrath; May 15, 2009 at 07:54 AM.

Citizen

Are the new animations that point black made included in TATW 1.1? If so I might try the original balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    What I love MOST about this is that you already give backup. I don't need to search for the damn files!
    I remember your usual negative stance about my work.
    You do not have to remind me so frequently.
    But I can take that as a good joke .

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Very interesting work! +rep
    Thank you I had not the chance to see you AI work. Is it compatible with 1.1?

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    I was wondering about that myself.

Comparing the last release for RC and this for TATW I only see battle_config.xml had some changes as far as I know, and the addition of the EDU file with modified Trolls.
    As sith apprentice zowrath explains, there are slight modifications. The main idea is the same. I also use an EDU and projectiles file as well here, which give trolls a better balance and increases the radius for crossbows, so that they are balanced with the new mass settings I provide.

The version of RC_TATW is almost the same although crossbows are not as good and need better radius for my mass settings. But since I did not want to alter more files to damage the compatibility, I created the best average.

Are the new animations that point black made included in TATW 1.1? If so I might try the original balance.
    I do not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Awesome and very useful Battle AI changes!
    Thanks. I hope you see that in all of your battles.

delete
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; May 15, 2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: double post

@Darth

Errrr.....looking at your changes to the Battle Trolls using WinMerge and original TATW 1.1 EDU. You said you had lowered their defense, but as far as I can tell you have modified their 'attack bonus factor if charging' attribute. Was your intention to lower this, and said wrong. Or did you say right, and lowered the wrong attribute?

If I'm right, I should be elevated to Sith lord soon. hehe

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Thank you I had not the chance to see you AI work. Is it compatible with 1.1?
    It is compatible with 1.1 +RC... I guess I should make a version for straight TA:TW too

I've seen your work before (in Darthmod for M2TW, in DLV and in ETW) and I really like your approach. From what I've seen you've managed to pull of some very impressive effects, stuff that frankly I would not have thought possible.

I'm very keen to see where you take the battles of TA:TW

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast