Page 8 of 225 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just saw" thread

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: The "I just saw" thread

Just seen Evil Dead by Sam Raimi, man, is Bruce Campbell awesome or what?
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well Bruce was rather whiny and weak in Evil Dead. He was much cooler in Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness.

He was insane and awesome in Evil Dead II. Especially when he cut off his hand. Best scene in the movie.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    Inglorious Bastards, not Tarantino's best but it kept me fairly entertained. Though Landa was absolutely top-notch.

Sadly Hollywood will only cast German/Austrian guys as nazi's or anything of that ilk.
    I wonder why?

Currently watching the first part of the miniseries Holocaust (it happens to be showing on Fox Classics at the moment.) Such a happy way to start the day.

Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    Probably favorite movie ever

"D motherer D!"

The last 20 minutes or so is excellent, the whole build up to the end. Great movie, can't believe I'd not seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Just watched Barry Lyndon (1975) for the umpteenth time. Brilliant cinematography.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I saw an older flick today on tv: Sicko by michael moore, I was outraged by what I saw, why haven't the americans erected the barricades yet, ah well, they are on the way to a healthcare system, I guess that's good for the people of America who can't afford to have their finger replanted, or who get denied cancer treatment etc... Felt really sorry for everyone in the movie, I never realised how bad people had it in America

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

I saw Pan's Labyrinth for the first time the other day and i have to say, wow. For me it was shockingly accurate in portraying how the mind uses fantasy and imagination to try to escape the horrors and hardships of reality, particularly in young people. Its amazing how adept the mind is at spinning a web of fictions that are completely outside reality but yet make perfect sense and in some way are reassuring.

The ending is perhaps the most insightful part of the film: it shows that, however powerful the imagination is to create fictional worlds, it is powerless to prevent reality from taking hold. The world that ofelia creates for herself is so rich and convincing, and yet at her death it evaporates for ever. In my mind the film encapsulates the human mind's desire and hope in adversity, but also that we as living things are inescapably transient.

Under the rather spiffing patronage of Justinian.
    Grandson of some fellow named the Black Prince.

Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    I wonder why?
    I wonder why too...

Anyway just watched Moon, twas alright, nothing to fancy, but Sam Rockwell as always kicks ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Just watched Glory. What a cheesy movie.

Comes Limitis

The Usual Suspects

Saw it for the second time. The first time I attended a screening in 95, being to drunk to comprehend the movie, and expecting some Reservoir Dog type of movie. So I left the cinema thinking: meh.

Now saw it again and it blew me away. Specially the acting by Spacey and Palmentieri, the quatable lines and all the hints in the movie, like that Kobayashi being played by a Scotsman or whatever. It truly expects some brain-cells from its viewer and I freakin love the whole package. However honestly, I knew who Soze was from the beginning without remembering jack from 95, but that didnt matter, you still doubt.

Though shootings on boats and in factory's are old, and the tiny Hungarian mob just doesn't go to Turkey to mess with the Turkish mob(maybe just another hint, maybe).
    Last edited by Thorn777; November 27, 2009 at 11:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Feild Marshel's Avatar Laetus

I just saw "Year 1". Some funny parts, but more than a bit lacking.

Just saw Wild Child. Mainly because that was the channel that was on when I turned the television on but also that there was little else of interest showing. Besides, most of the girls in it were pretty hot.

I just saw Braveheart, that is one good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by UCMENOMOR View Post
    I just saw Braveheart, that is one good movie.
    It's a ing shambles, as a Scotsman I'm embarrassed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Augment's Avatar Senator

Africa Addio, They dont make Documentaries like this anymore... its about what happened after the decolonisation of Africa and the chaos that it ensued.
    The part with the mercenaries is awesome and gruesome at the same time.

Body of Lies. A flashy Ridley Scott movie with Leo di caprio unconvincing as an uber-agent and Russell Crow doing his daft aged-makeup thing again. Mark Strong stole every scene he was in.

Didn't work.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by The Man Who Sold The World View Post
    It's a ing shambles, as a Scotsman I'm embarrassed by it.
    Why? It could have been MUCH MUCH worse. Cosidering the time in which it was made and it's budget I think it's safe to assume that it's good. It could have been like King Arthur which was god aweful.

I saw Ninja Assassin Saturday which is a fairly average action flick right out of the 1980's.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Last night a saw Da Vinci Code movie.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Just watched the extended edition of Return of the King for the first time in about five years. I've seen it a great number of times, but I don't think the ending has ever made me teary-eyed.