Page 26 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just saw" thread

Default Re: The "I just saw" thread

Just finished watching Prince of Persia Decent film with a great cast, and I have a weak spot for Gemma Arterton. That woman makes my heart melt. 7.5/10

Brain_in_a_vat's Avatar Domesticus

Just watched Sanjuro, pretty good to be honest. I'd say it's one of my favourite Kurosawa films, probably above Yojimbo 9/10

I just saw the great family film called "Splice"!

Okay that was about the opposite of a family film but it was still an awesome movie even with all the disturbing scenes it had. I strongly recommend this film, but it's definitely one of those films that you don't want to watch with your parents.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

We went and saw Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. It was decent, and they kept a lot of the original story line alive, but it was still a bit out there. Typical for Oliver Stone. it was definitely worth the money though.

Faramir D'Andunie's Avatar Domesticus

Just saw (again after a long long time) the 13th Warrior. Quite an enjoyable movie. I especially liked the way it potrayed fighting. As in no heroes slashing and killing dozens upon dozens of enemies. Felt a little short though.

Oh and interesting way of showing why the entire cast begins to talk english rather than norse.
    Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.

Ah yes quite the enjoyable movie though I haven't seen it in awhile.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The 1981 Excalibur.
    I remembered that movie from childhood because of O Fortuna and shiny armours.
    Now I like it for epic acting (can get unconvincing often, but that's the secret, makes it all ever more epic and mythical) and Wagners music.
    Has signatures turned off.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    The 1981 Excalibur.
    I remembered that movie from childhood because of O Fortuna and shiny armours.
    Now I like it for epic acting (can get unconvincing often, but that's the secret, makes it all ever more epic and mythical) and Wagners music.
    Oh god, I love that movie. As it happens I just went on a 15 minute drunk rant two days in the pub ago about why that was the most awesome film of the eighties.
    People looked at me funnily, especially when I started recreating the fight scene between Arthur and Lancelot.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Comes Limitis

Just seen The Road with Viggo Morentensson a.o. Epic misery...great adaption, great screenplay, great immersion.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Harry Brown and it was really, really good.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Just watched Far Cry (2008). It was predictably awful, but one can't expect too much of a film by Uwe Boll. Still, it had its fair share of explosions, deaths and super zombies. The only thing missing was seeing the main actress naked. I was very disappointed when she kept her bra on in the obligatory - though also not seen - sex.

Just saw Paranormal Activity 2 (2010). Goodness, that was awful. I never saw the first film, but even with the aid of seeing it in a cinema, there were few moments that I was truly scared, and almost immediately afterwards I always recognised the hilarity of the scene.

Just watched Red (2010 - starring Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren). That was actually really good, especially Malkovich who, being a washed-up actor, plays a very good crazy, washed-up, ex-CIA agent. I found myself chortling all the way through and it takes a lot to make me chortle.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Aye, Malkovich was genius in that role, I loved it

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Red=Awesome because old people kick ass. I was expecting to see Clint pop out somewhere just for teh lulz.

I just saw Robin Hood 2010 and it was ok I guess but there were a lot of things that annoyed the hell out of me like everything with those damn kids, Maid Marian as an action girl, A mason writing the magna carta, the English nobles uniting against the evil French when they most likely would have spoken French themselves, Normandy beach landing 1144 edition and other things as well. It's too bad that Scott dropped the original script which portrayed the Sheriff of Nottingham as sympathetic and Robin Hood as unsympathetic, because that movie would have been interesting to see.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Just say Machete, Rodriguez nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Just saw "Bullet". Tupac's last film, but dont hold that against it. Satrring Micky Rourke, Pac, Adrien Brody, and 'Buffalo Bill' from Silence of the Lambs. Not bad, believe it or not. Also includes roles from Michael K WIlliams (Omar from the Wire). How 'bout that?

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

Last night took the wife to see Resident Evil: Afterlife. I was skeptical beforehand, having heard it's pretty average, but it's not a bad movie. Like usual though in the Resident Evil films there are a lot of loose ends and unexplained elements in the plot but on the whole I found it enjoyable. Weird how they incorporated characters from the PS3 game Resident Evil 5, but they didn't do too bad a job of it. Tight ass Tuesday as well, so money spent was worth it.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Comes Limitis

Fresh....one of the best drama's ever made...
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately