Page 18 of 225 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I just saw" thread

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The "I just saw" thread

Just watched "Merry Christmas" (French film about 1914 Chirstmas truce)
    Very good film.
    Don't know about you, but makes me feel very pro-EU, specifically pro-integration.
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicę
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Just watched Out of Africa (1986). It was actually much more enjoyable than I thought it would be. The plot was fairly predictable, but it had these great sweeping panoramic landscape shots of Kenya and I really, really want to go there now.

My father's good friend is also an extra in it. He happened to be travelling in Kenya at the time and signed up to be in it. He ended up being on the cover of some publicity photograph too, because he looked scruffy enough, I suppose. I tried looking out for him, but this is a good 25 years ago when he had considerably more hair on the top of his head.

Watched Ferngully with a younger nephew of mine today. Some of my friends actually recommended it, so I had pretty high expectations. But of course, my friends are idiots. Yet another obnoxious enviromental flick showing how evil man is and how we need to stop cutting down trees before we kill of all the fairies (yeah, that confused me too). Apparantly all children are retarded too, so they made sure they tried to push the message as far into our faces as they could. To summarize: an obnoxious, condescending piece of tedious .

My nephew loved it of course.

I watched Lesbian Vampire Killers (2009 with the guys from [I]Gavin and Stacey). It could have been better if the incredibly hot but vulnerable German female tourists were on-screen for more than five minutes.

I also watched The Knowing (2009) which was a waste of time. I like Nicolas Cage but it definitely wasn't his most versatile role.

It has not been a good day for movie watching.

Just watched Silence of the Lambs. Not quite so gruesome or as scary as people have told me, but I still enjoyed it.

Strelok's Avatar Civitate

I just saw Saw VI. The ending flashes weren't as "surprising" as the other ones, I don't know if it's because I'm too used to it but I still enjoyed it. Still classical Saw material.

Just watched Misery (1990) with James Caan and Kathy Bates. Crazy people are scary.

"And don't even think about anybody coming for you. Not the doctors, not your agent, not your family. 'Cause I never called them. Nobody knows you're here. And you better hope nothing happens to me. Because if I die... you die."

eric2min's Avatar Ducenarius

today, i started to watch hostel II in the middle and judged it to be one of the most unenjoyably (if thats a word.) gruesome films of all time. then i turned on adventureland from the beginning and it was one of the best movies ive seen all year. not nearly as funny as superbad but nearly or maybe just as enjoyable.

I watched Alfred the Great (1969) yesterday. It had its moments, but overall it was fairly ordinary.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Just saw the A-Team and it was pretty good 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    Just saw the A-Team and it was pretty good 8/10.
    Seriously? I thought it was getting awful reviews.

Well it's basically a return of 80's cheesy plots, and most of it is predicable. The only other thing is the black guy tries to much to be like Mr. T, but other then that Liam Nelson makes a great performance.

Oh, well I like Liam Neeson but I would have thought Mr. T irreplaceable.

He is irreplaceable, that's why the actor tried to act like him. But there are some outrageously funny parts so I recommend it.

Just watched Zulu (1964) for the umpteenth time. I like to see it at least once while I'm on holiday, and of course, there's no better way to start the day than watch manly British soldiers (and one Boer) kill savages.

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    Seriously? I thought it was getting awful reviews.
    Traditional 80's action only gets good reviews in the 80's. It's still a crazy fun movie.

Just saw Knight and Day. A crazy Tom Cruise playing a crazy secret agent is a perfect casting choice, and the humor plays itself out well.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Nouvelle Vague's Avatar Ducenarius

Robin Hood, pretty average

Formerly Tiberias

Miniluv's Avatar Ducenarius

Just saw Waterloo,pretty good IMO.Only TWO problems:
    1.the men who played the french soldiers ruined the momentum of the battle scene because of their HORRIBLE acting when getting killed.(funny really.)
    2.Can't sometimes understand what Napoleon is saying.
    The rest is "A-OK".

THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by ?JewMan? View Post
    Just saw Waterloo,pretty good IMO.Only TWO problems:
    1.the men who played the french soldiers ruined the momentum of the battle scene because of their HORRIBLE acting when getting killed.(funny really.)
    2.Can't sometimes understand what Napoleon is saying.
    The rest is "A-OK".
    Is this the version from the sixties by Sergei Bondarchuk (it has Christopher Plummer as Wellington, I think)? He did an excellent, albeit eight hour, adaptation of Tolstoy's War and Peace. Everything about it is really much better than Waterloo.

Miniluv's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Octy View Post
    He did an excellent, albeit eight hour, adaptation of Tolstoy's War and Peace. Everything about it is really much better than Waterloo.
    OK....will watch,if I have the time!

THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE.