Page 185 of 185 FirstFirst ... 85135160175176177178179180181182183184185
Results 3,681 to 3,686 of 3686

Thread: The "I just saw" thread

Flinn's Avatar The Dude Retires
    Content Emeritus Censor Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The "I just saw" thread

I've been watching a lot of stuff on Prime recently, I'll start with what I appreciated the most

Star Trek - Picard
    Now, if you are even remotely a fan of Star Trek, you need to see this. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing out of this word, but it's a mature show for people who has grown up with Star Trek (TNG, VOY, DS9 and maybe even ENT, but that's already another story). Protagonists are disillusioned, things are far from being perfect, much far.. still hope never went away. Season one had a solid plot, nothing exceptional, but enjoyable. The finale, just wow, broke my hearth.

Season 2 is gonna have Q and alternate reality, should be more action oriented that the first one.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The Green Knight (2021)

I regret I signed up for this. Watch Batman Begins instead.

Blog Entries

Invincible

I'm a bit old for toons I know, but I was intrigued by this and decided to give it a go. It quickly turns into a gore fest.. now there's much gross stuff out there (especially anime), but this one has a different taste, somewhat. Only watched season 1 so far, I'm expecting a lot of action from season 2, and I really hope the makers would keep up with the expectations. 8 episodes worth watch
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Baron noir: the tricks and backstabbing of politics, well made show. More mundane than house of card make it more realistic.

Blog Entries

Doom Patrol

I'm of two minds here; from one side I like how developed and deep is the background and the psychology of basically all the characters, from the other if what you are looking for is the typical hero story, go for something else... the heroes here are so human that sometimes they become annoyingly weak. Overall good acting and I'm glad to see Brendan Fraser back in action (I do also love Alan Tudyk, perfect face for a villain)

Watched season 1 & 2, some moments are epic

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Invincible

I'm a bit old for toons I know, but I was intrigued by this and decided to give it a go. It quickly turns into a gore fest.. now there's much gross stuff out there (especially anime), but this one has a different taste, somewhat. Only watched season 1 so far, I'm expecting a lot of action from season 2, and I really hope the makers would keep up with the expectations. 8 episodes worth watch
    This is probably my favorite show of the past couple years. I watched it all in one sitting, I was just immediately hooked. I even went so far as to actually read all 144 issues of the comic. I also read all of those in just two days, I had a real problem . The show adds a bit of stuff that the comics didn't add but all of it is very much for the better. A lot of the show is pretty much story boarded by the comic already, it's really interesting how much of the framing and scenes they didn't change at all.

The gore is one of my favorite parts of the show. I love how damned brutal it is.

Want to play TWC D&D? Click here | Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    If you'd like you see my graphics workshop click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Proud Patron of Sara Temer and Cope