Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Esf Editor 1.4.3

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Esf Editor 1.4.3

Archi - interesting set of numbers.

I suspect the third digit is significant possibly relating to playing difficulty or ability to be played
    (major factions have low digits, minors and emergent have higher digits.)
    why Spain has an number different to everyone else I've no idea.

---------------------

If arranged in numerical order you get: major factions, minor factions, emergent factions and pirate factions.
    Apart three which are out of place.

---------------------
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; September 14, 2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: update

You can find a search tool (using id's) here.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

hTW: Thanks for heads up on that!!

---

oh we need python installed for the py files.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 26, 2009 at 06:40 AM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

I wouldn't interpret the IDs too much. They are generated by an automated tool probably depending upon the order of the factions in some file somewhere which makes it look like there's a pattern when there probably is none.

Good job on the list though, I'd say you should re-post it in the startpos.esf thread.
    Last edited by alpaca; August 26, 2009 at 06:44 AM.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Archimonday's Avatar Senator

Its quite simple actually, Each faction is assigned its own ID number in FACTION_ARRAY, then that number is referenced all over the place, such as in the Diplomatic Relations sections.

Bump for this so people don't DL the older one and run into problems.

How do I move armies? (Can't find a tutorial)

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    How do I move armies? (Can't find a tutorial)
    It is not difficult but it is not also very simple. You can find informations in the modification how to change character and armies ownership here. There are infos inside that will help in your task.

If you want to move in an area (not in a settlement) you have to find the coordinations or else you'll use the coo of the settlement. This can be done by playing quickly a few turns until you move somebody in that position. Then save exit open save and note the coo. After that you have to enter the coo in the army and the leader character of it which is are in different location in startpos.esf. More details in the link I gave you.

If you can go in the new place in one turn see also the hybrid startpos technique in the same section which is much easier.

Ok. I changed Goa to Great Britan but that Portuguese army seems to be causing a crash...

you should do that using the hybdrid startpos technique. The army will be removed automatically then (tactical retreat)

What? I just get crashes.

I uploaded an updated nodes description file, and I figured it belonged in this thread as well.

So here it is

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...7&d=1253531556

thanks man! editor works like a charm!

After using this esf editor refused to save on me http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242353

I found this one and was delighted to find it finally allowed me to play the US... just one problem.

I followed the directions from here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...+united+states and got it all set up where I controlled Pennsylvania, Virginia, New York and New England.

I then went on to take over Maryland (which I made the 13 Colonies capital) and Maine but the turn before I was about to take over the Carolinas I ran into the bug with the four regions I'd started off with, I couldn't access their management screens.

I could build and recruit yes, but not the one which provides information and allows me to tax exempt a place, the game could CTD when I tried to double click to bring it up.

I first noticed something was up when I tried to tax exempt to get Hartford built asap for a university position but found that next turn the tax exemption was removed, after about the 4th turn trying this the window failed to open and the CTDs happened.

The only oddity is I can bring of the management windows of the three regions I conquered....

What's wrong? What am I doing wrong in the esf editor (I know i followed it's directions to the letter).

I'd really love to play the US in the grand campaign with the TROM mod and this have turned into a real bummer.

The tutorial you followed is one of the first that came out, but now it is old and in some points it has problems. Next time use one of these.
    Last edited by husserlTW; March 17, 2010 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    The tutorial you followed is one of the first that came out, but ow it is old and in some points it has problems. Next time use one of these.
    Awesome thanks!

How do I edit the number of unit on a battlefield in napoleon total war? I mean.. Im playing the battle mode of Napoleon's journey.. I cant build any extra unit or what so ever.. I only get the units they provide me.. How do I change the available units(amount) N rank? Thanks alot for the help..

I was exploring the regions.esf and I'm fairly sure I know what some of the rows are. As this information may prove useful in writing descriptions for the various rows I've posted it below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

root\theatres_and_region_keys

This directory has 7 theatres_and_region_keys, each one representing a map or trade theatre. The rows in each 'root\theatres_and_region_keys\theatres_and_region_keys\theatre' are as follows:

Theatre number: 1 = america, 2 = europe, 3 = india
    Map coordinate left;top (used to calculate the total area the theatre covers)
    Map coordinate right;bottom (used to calculate the total area the theatre covers)
    Type: true = trade theatre, false = not trade theatre

Regarding the negative numbers on this map 0,0 is at the centre of the map and as you go down or left the number decreases, and as you go up and right the number increases.

Based on their location I believe these theatres are in the following order: 1st indonesia, 2nd america, 3rd europe, 4th india, 5th madagascar, 6th brazil, 7th ivory coast.

root\theatres_and_region_keys\region_data\regions

Each of the 'regions' files refers to a region in ETW, including the land, sea, and impassible regions. Their description is as follows:

Region name
    Region Type (sea, land, impassible)
    Map coordinate left;top (used to calculate the total area the region covers)
    Map coordinate right;bottom (used to calculate the total area the region covers)
    Theatre: -1 impassible / wilderness, 1= america, 2 = europe, 3 = india

root\theatres_and_region_keys\region_data\regions\settlement and slots\slots_descriptions

Each 'region' entry represents a region on the map and the slot description represents settlements and buildings. Oddly I couldn't find an entry for the region's colour.

The first line varies a lot an can be any of the following so I'm not sure what to call it:
    settlementregion name): (settlement name): settlement_minor [minor city]
    settlementregion name): (settlement name): settlement_fortification [fortifications around the city]
    townregion name): (settlement name) [town]
    (resource)region name): (settlement name) (location) [resource]

The next lines are simpler:
    What this entry is for (fortifications, resource, town building, etc)
    Settlement's location
    Settlement's location
    unknown, 57344 = settlement, anything else = port
    Whether you can construct anything: true = can construct, false = can't construct (so if a town already has a building you can't build another one)

That's all I've found so far.

Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

halo..have a little question here, can i edit the building slot , building's name , bridge or add the unplayable faction to playable faction without the esf editor?? and i only change from the pack with using the db editor?? because i very confusing in the esf file, tats alot of block i using fews days to edit a unplayable faction to a playable faction..

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

takes me 2-3 minutes to make a faction playable

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast