Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Immortal Nazgul Version 1.2 Released

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Immortal Nazgul Version 1.0 Released

Quote Originally Posted by JuL14n View Post
    Yes, I'm working on it. But not right now, hehe.

The bugs are in edu I think, so it won't be affecting this mod
    Will also adjust the ancillary card, so that the ring is darker and more epic.
    Now it's just pale, and sort of ugly.

Other nazguls got their old left, did just change their names from
    Ring of barahir to Ring of power which is much more accurate.
    If someone got any real names for those rings, they are free to post.

Edit: Reworked it a bit, how does it look like? Suggestions are welcome, as this is as much for you as it is for me.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The other nazguls ring, the vanilla. But for comparing.

Edit2: Will also make all nazguls besides witch-king a bit weaker in command, as they were no real commanders, and for the sake of balance.

I take it when they Respawm after Death they lose their Name?

If that's the Case why not name each Ring of Power After it's owner like Ring of "Ren the Unclean" for example and have his Main Name as Nazgul, that way their Name lives on forever. (Well that is until their Spawn Ground is taken)

papio's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post

If that's the Case why not name each Ring of Power After it's owner like Ring of "Ren the Unclean" for example and have his Main Name as Nazgul, that way their Name lives on forever. (Well that is until their Spawn Ground is taken)
    No they keep their names (Nazgula-Nazguli) and each ring is named after its owner (ring_nazgula for example). The spawn army script is the same as it is for the standard version in which they respawn the next turn. If I had to guess I think the problem is related to the counter in some way, though all variation I try don't work .

Thanks for the input though

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Yeah I've noticed that the armies lead by them loses their name and get some strange name.
    I think it can be fixed in expanded.txt.
    Hmm.. Does the character himself lose his name too? Haven't got much time to test it.
    Will test and fix tonight.

Nazgul mod for RC 28th of may released btw.
    Last edited by JuL14n; May 27, 2009 at 03:40 PM.

Yeah I've noticed that the armies lead by them loses their name and get some strange name.
    I think it can be fixed in a text file.
    Hmm.. Does the character himself lose his name too? Haven't got much time to test it.
    Will test and fix tonight.

Nazgul mod for RC 28th of may released btw.
    Well from what I know about respawning playing LOTR:TW they lose their Portraits i.e the Witch King looks like a normal Nazgul.
    But it never had Orc Generals like in TA:TW so no matter what you'd have a Nazgul Portrait and Nazgul Name.
    It's a shame Mordor shares the same portrait folder as Isengard and the Orcs of Misty Mountains as a respawned Witch King Strat Model would have an Orc Face as an Avatar.

If they can they should just get rid of Orc Generals for Mordor and have the 9 Portraits and Family Names.

Yeah my idea comes from the problem Rome Total War's Engine had so I thought if Respawning Nazgul on your Sub Mod is tied down to the Ancillary, then have 9 Rings, each with their own Nazgul Name and History lesson into the former King/Chieftain that Sauron's Ring Ensnared.

I'll add this Sub-Mod to my Game next time I play Mordor, should be great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by papio View Post
    No they keep their names (Nazgula-Nazguli) and each ring is named after its owner (ring_nazgula for example). The spawn army script is the same as it is for the standard version in which they respawn the next turn. If I had to guess I think the problem is related to the counter in some way, though all variation I try don't work .

Thanks for the input though
    I'm not sure what Counter does?
    I think they should just get rid of Orc Generals 9 Nazgul Portraits for 9 Generals so no matter what you wont get a Nazgul with an Orcs Face.
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; May 27, 2009 at 03:51 PM.

All Nazguls got their own unique portraits, and battle model & strat model.
    Witchking keeps his strat model and battle model after respawn.

But his strat model got the name:
    EMT_ENGLAND_NAMED_GENERAL_2 when having the cursor over him after respawn,
    it's fixed now. Will release it later this night.

But the worst problem right now is that Witch-king adopts a *opposite word of lovely* bunch of orc-generals. And when he dies one of them is crowned to factionleader and gets his strategic model.

Edit: now it's time to kill some more nazgūls for bug fixing
    Last edited by JuL14n; May 27, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

papio's Avatar Libertus

Well just did some quick testing and the nazgul (at least the ones I tested) do keep their names and portraits upon respawning. And now that I think about it if they are made weaker there really isn't a reason to wait a few turns to get them back...

But the worst problem right now is that Witch-king adopts a *opposite word of lovely* bunch of orc-generals. And when he dies one of them is crowned to factionleader and gets his strategic model.
    This bothers me as well, I was thinking that maybe we should make the nazgul family members to avoid this, or make the nazgul trait give a bunch of authority as that seems to determine who becomes the leader, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257175
    Last edited by papio; May 27, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

This bothers me as well, I was thinking that maybe we should make the nazgul family members to avoid this, or make the nazgul trait give a bunch of authority as that seems to determine who becomes the leader, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257175
    Allready tried that, but it doesn't seems to work without a family tree.
    I declined all orc adopting messages, and Ji Indur Dawndeath was crowned to factionleader after
    Witchking. Then I tried to kill him, and the faction Mordor was destroyed because of no heir.

A thing that could be done is to make a Nazgul family tree (as you meantion, I think)
    but this will mess up the spawn script as it's not possible to have them spawn
    to the tree. But another solution would be to make Witch-King heir after respawn.

But another thing I was thinking of was to add Mouth of Sauron and have him to be
    the faction leader.
    Last edited by JuL14n; May 27, 2009 at 04:23 PM.

Well just did some quick testing and the nazgul (at least the ones I tested) do keep their names and portraits upon respawning. And now that I think about it if they are made weaker there really isn't a reason to wait a few turns to get them back...

Yeah it does, same thing for LOTR:TW when you have Aragorn as a Unique General, as soon as you defeat Lurtz it automatically asks whether you want to adopt Aragorn into your Family Tree? but that's Rome where you can choose your own Faction Heir.

I'm not sure if the Computers AI scopes out the best general in your Family Tree as the Next Faction Heir?
    Thus giving Emergent General Max Stats to nudge the Ai into the right Direction. wink wink

Allready tried that, but it doesn't seems to work without a family tree.
    I declined all orc adopting messages, and Ji Indur Dawndeath was crowned to factionleader after
    Witchking. Then I tried to kill him, and the faction Mordor was destroyed because of no heir.

A thing that could be done is to make a Nazgul family tree (as you meantion, I think)
    but this will mess up the spawn script as it's not possible to have them spawn
    to the tree. But another solution would be to make Witch-King heir after respawn.
    So make the 8 Lesser Nazgul weaker and the Witch King Uber in Stats?

Can you tell the Script what you want the General to have in terms of Command Stars, Loyalty Rings etc.?
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; May 27, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

I'm not sure if the Computers AI scopes out the best general in your Family Tree as the Next Faction Heir?
    Thus giving Emergent General Max Stats to nudge the Ai into the right Direction. wink wink

So make the 8 Lesser Nazgul weaker and the Witch King Uber in Stats?

Can you tell the Script what you want the General to have in terms of Command Stars, Loyalty Rings etc.?
    Faction heir is chosen by authority, but as mordor has no faction tree it chose one of
    Witchkings adopted orc sons.

Yep allready working on that, but it needs some finishing touches before I release it

papio's Avatar Libertus

I see now authority picks the heir, but they have to be in the family tree to even be considered.

Edit: Can adoptions be scripted in so that the witch-king adopts the other nazgul?

Edit2: Doesn't the family structure of the teutonic order in kingdoms allow best generals to become the faction leader as they don't have a family tree...
    Last edited by papio; May 27, 2009 at 04:43 PM.

I see now authority picks the heir, but they have to be in the family tree to even be considered.

Edit: Can adoptions be scripted in so that the witch-king adopts the other nazgul?

Edit2: Doesn't the family structure of the teutonic order in kingdoms allow best generals to become the faction leader as they don't have a family tree...
    I don't know for sure if adoptions can be scripted.
    And I don't know so much about how the Teutonic faction tree works, but at least it makes mordor destroyable.
    I tried to make Witch-King and Ji Indur Dawndeath related, but still he adopts an orc general
    that takes his throne after death.

So right now I'm working on a normal family tree. Soon I will upload it as an optional temporary fix,
    until we find out something better.

Screenshot:

Witch-King married to Urd with his three undead sons.

Faction heir is chosen by authority, but as mordor has no faction tree it chose one of
    Witchkings adopted orc sons.

Yep allready working on that, but it needs some finishing touches before I release it
    I still think the LOTR:TW method is your best option, get rid of all Orc Portraits in Mordor Folder and have only Nazgul Generals so no matter what you get Nazgul portraits for the Generals.

Plus it would take a little steam out of Mordor's dominance if they only have 9 Generals to Occupy 10+ Settlements giving locations the ability to rebel.

papio's Avatar Libertus

So right now I'm working on a normal family tree. Soon I will upload it as an optional temporary fix,
    until we find out something better.
    Sounds good at least for now. Unfortunately I've found out that mordor and the other 'orc' faction already are set to use the teutonic style family tree, soo for what ever reason it isn't working correctly (maybe it never did idk). I tried making the Witchking respawn as the heir but even though it said he was the heir the faction still died when he should have resumed power. As for adoptions maybe something can be done to make the nazgul adopted easily (kind of a 'man of the hour' for being a nazgul or something), as for orcs being adopted the ai will make adoptions as long as the family tree size is too small compared to the faction size.

Edit: well I have only done a little testing with this, but changing:

has_family_tree teutonic
    to
    has_family_tree no

in the descr_sm_factions file seems to make the best general become the faction leader, also while testing this i was offered no adoptions.
    Last edited by papio; May 27, 2009 at 07:36 PM.

@2-D Ron:
    Using the LOTRTW method here will make you end up with 20+ Nazguls.
    So don't think so

Sounds good at least for now. Unfortunately I've found out that mordor and the other 'orc' faction already are set to use the teutonic style family tree, soo for what ever reason it isn't working correctly (maybe it never did idk). I tried making the Witchking respawn as the heir but even though it said he was the heir the faction still died when he should have resumed power. As for adoptions maybe something can be done to make the nazgul adopted easily (kind of a 'man of the hour' for being a nazgul or something), as for orcs being adopted the ai will make adoptions as long as the family tree size is too small compared to the faction size.
    Thought that you allready knew that
    In vanilla TA they were set to "no"

family tree to no = One of the nazguls take the throne after witchking, then a nazgul after that. But this will also make mordor undestroyable.
    family tree to teutonic = Witchking adopts a bunch of orcs and one of them takes the throne and mordor is destroyable.
    family tree to yes = What I'm working on right now. A nazgul will take the throne after Witchking, but sooner or later an orc will take the throne.

I will upload the new now with the text-issue fixed and also include descr_sm_faction with mordor without family tree. And people who wan't to get around this can just select no when it asks to overwrite descr_sm_faction to get around this and still have mordor destroyable.

New update
    Last edited by JuL14n; May 27, 2009 at 08:11 PM.

papio's Avatar Libertus

family tree to no = One of the nazguls take the throne after witchking, then a nazgul after that. But this will also make mordor undestroyable.
    forgot about being undestroyable

family tree to no is better, in my opinion.
    Fits better to the lore

papio's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Aragonath View Post
    Fits better to the lore
    I agree, if there isn't a better way to prevent orc faction leaders then I'll just play with mordor undestroyable. I don't need to see a victory message to know I won

Quote Originally Posted by Aragonath View Post
    Fits better to the lore
    hehe, yes But it mess up winning conditions for other factions.

I've updated the file now

Hey, it wasn't easy for the good guys to win the war!
    But well... I think I can live with "Glug, Faction Leader of Mordor and Sauron's Greatest Servant"

papio's Avatar Libertus

This is OT, but I think I found something that could be used towards immortal elves. Its a condition called GeneralWithAncKilled, I think it could be used to differentiate between natural and battle deaths for the respawn of elves.

Could use a script something like this:
    declare_counter killed
    set_counter killed 0

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType egypt

if GeneralWithAncKilled elf_a
    set_counter killed 1
    end_if

if not I_FactionwideAncillaryExists elf_a
    and I_CompareCounter killed = 0

spawn_army
    faction egypt
    character elf_a ....
    traits ....
    unit ...
    end
    end_if

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

getting it to work with children could be an issue though...