Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Immortal Nazgul Version 1.2 Released

Default Re: Immortal Nazgul Version 1.0 Released

You are really Incredible Thank you But i have a question Can You Make sth. like that but for Elrond because i don't want him to die?? I have tryied to do it but it isn't working. I would Be very VERY happy.

P.S. Sorry for my English

I have a question : is this not save compitable 'cus some of the traits of my generals got pretty mixed up?

@ Freeque - It would be possible to do this for Elrond but it would mean that he couldn't die in battle either.

@ knight_12 - No unfortunately not save compatible. It relies on the Nazgul starting with traits and ancillaries that they don't have in 'vanilla' TA:TW. Thanks for bringing it up though I will add that to the first post. And sorry about your game.
    Want your Nazgul to live forever? Click Here!!

I know. I just Very like Elves and Dvarves Especially, Elrond, Legolas and Gimli so if it would be possible i would realy enjoy it.

Do you want immortal Nazgul as well or just elrond?

It could be aleso Nazguls if it isn't to mutch work for you

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post

@ knight_12 - No unfortunately not save compatible. It relies on the Nazgul starting with traits and ancillaries that they don't have in 'vanilla' TA:TW. Thanks for bringing it up though I will add that to the first post. And sorry about your game.
    It's not a problem it's cool having five of the nine rings in a single general

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

By the by, the game does distinguish between different methods of death. It's how inheritance works. If it is possible to have a son gain an ancilery his father had when his father dies, this is also possible.

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn ap Nud View Post
    By the by, the game does distinguish between different methods of death. It's how inheritance works. If it is possible to have a son gain an ancilery his father had when his father dies, this is also possible.
    But would it be possible to make it so the son didn't receive the ancillary if his father was killed in battle?

That's the kind of distinction that we'd need.

Erius's Avatar Foederatus

So the nazgul respawn the very next turn? Would it be possible to implement a counter to say have them respawn after somewhere between 5-10 turns so it's still a blow to lose your general? As it would be a little silly if mordor could defend with 9 respawning general units every turn. Other than that this is great, and an implementation that prevented say Elves from dying of old age would be great while still allowing them to die in battle.

Live and let live.

@Freeque - Try this:Attachment 41586

@Erius - The elves thing is beyond my ability to mod. The counter idea is quite good though...

Erius's Avatar Foederatus

Is there any way to flag any variable in the game even if it's on say a settlement, another character, etc, when a character dies in battle?

Live and let live.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

excellent but how do i kill em?
    more importantly, how do i destroy mordor?

Erius - I am sorry but I don't know. This is my first really successful venture into coding. Maybe somebody with more experience could help your request. As I said a renaming of the death message to a sailing west message is all thats needed for realism in my eyes.

Hross - Take Sourons Stronghold of Barad Dur, after it is captured the Nazgul will not come back unless Mordor manages to regain it.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Will they respawn with the traits and ancillaries they had?

Short answer:
    No.

Long Answer
    They return in a weakened state after their near destruction and flight back to their master in the Land of Barad Dur.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

So no traits and ancillaries after 'death' just like getting them anew?

No. You cannot spawn them with traits and you have to pick what traits to give them in the code and as I don't know what traits they will pick up during the game I just got them to respawn with the traits they start the game with. They do also however have a bonus trait that gives them their ring of power ancillary back, otherwise they would only respawn the once.

At the moment I am trying to work on a timer delay for the respawning in case people want it but I am having a problem as I don't know how counters work and have to read the tutorial (I don't like tutorials).

Thanks once again to everyone for their nice comments, interest and rep-points.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Impressive script. It would be fun to have some unique characters immortal, legolas, Elrond and perhaps a Durin the deathless character for dwarves. I guess it wouldn't affect the balance of the mod too much. For Nazgul I think you should really limit the amount of generals Mordor can have and delay the respawn to more than one turn, if possible. (Nazgul are really strong in this mod I captured osgiliath with just the general)
    Last edited by Louis Lux; May 11, 2009 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks .I am currently playing around with a delay system but its late and it still has bugs so it will have to wait for tomorrow...