Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hip63's 77 BC 2.2. Installer - New Download link

Default Re: hip63's 77 BC 2.2. Installer released

The bug was repaired, but by removing the Civil War. I added a Gallic War instead.

Ok, thanks. But one question... do you want to create a civil war (again) into 77 B.C. ? I would like it to play with the senate against Caesar.

Unfortunately, not. But you will have plenty of Civil War soon in First Man in Rome.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

So there isn't a Civil War? does that mean the Romans will always stay as a Republic in this mod?

Well, in fact they were a Republic until Augustus. And even then, they were nominally a Republic.

But if you want to overthrow the Republican government and become Dictator, you can always play 5BC: Caesar Imperator.

*58BC: Caesar Imperator
    Typing mistake

Nanananananana

LOL! Well spotted. +rep

So i need B.I to play this mod?

Yes, there are some features that require things like hording, that only are available via BI.exe

Laetus

Default Campaign bug ?

Hi all ,

playing the sertorian faction from spring 73 on the script remains in
    Winter Campaign Season with 50% movement penalty for all factions . The Strategy Map shows Summer(Sun Symbol) while all the trait cards still show "WCS". Loaded & saved 4PTY right, even started the campaign anew and reinstalled 77BC later to see if it reproduces that error - it does.

What a pitty, had a lot of fun so far.....

OS is WINXP SP2, classical non-PCI Express (AGP)hardware config. with no issues at all regarding most RTW Mods I tested so far- except for they're buggy already .....
    Just for the records.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

I'm just stopping by to congratulate the team that made this mod. I've just downloaded it, and i must say, the setting is just perfect. I love the historical characters, but i must admit i miss my favourite boy, Lucullus.

Other then that, i really can't believe i didn't know about this mod before, and i believe i will use many hours of my spare time to try this one... The problem i'm currenlty facing is that i dunno with with faction to start, so i must decide, and then continue

Congrats again

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words, Anubis

By the way, I think that, at game start, L.Licinius Lucullus is somewhere in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Thanks a lot for your encouraging words, Anubis

By the way, I think that, at game start, L.Licinius Lucullus is somewhere in Asia.
    HAHA... not just that, he's the FACTION LEADER IIRC !!! haha... imagine how stupid i felt 5 minutes ago when i noticed it! I did look it up in the fm list, but i was expecting a home made portrait (which are amazing btw), that's what probably made me unable to find him.

I just started playing with Rome, and it's just great... Really... I hope this mod is still very much alive, since the period you choose looks great.... I can't wait to crush Sertorius, Mithridates and Tigranes!!!

(oh, what is the end date of the mod?)

And again, i'm blown away... It's really an awesome mod, i've played only a pair of years, but i'm loving it thus far... Especially since i'm a historical accuracy freak, i just love the fact i have to follow history....

Ok i'll stop now, i sound like a fan girl

EDIT: I love the fact how some towns look like, due to the Social war... Awesome
    Last edited by Anubis88; May 05, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

Hi Salvor. I tried this mod before, when I downloaded the cd rom, but it had a lot of problems so I hardly experimented it. I tried now with this installer for 77 bc and it runs a lot better, so I've been playing it. This is awesome, very good unit selection, and the stage set in a very interesting moment. I had maybe a couple of ctd's in several hours of play, so is not a big deal, the worst is that every time I quit the game, in the "pre-desktop" menu, I lose my control settings (but not the graphic ones), and the game does not close itself, instead it gives an error and crashes. Have you heard something about it?
    Thanks

Some people had a similar problem with Caesar Imperator, due to a wrong loading screen. But I have never experienced something similar with 77BC. Does it give any error message related to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Some people had a similar problem with Caesar Imperator, due to a wrong loading screen. But I have never experienced something similar with 77BC. Does it give any error message related to the game?
    Yes, the traditional .exe error. Happened right now, it's sacred, everytime I quit

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

units in custom battles are skimpy. Ptolemy has no phalangites and The Hasmoneans have few Judeo units. I am assuming military reforms are the reason for no phalangites. I don't know much about diadochi tactics around 77 BC.

I am assuming military reforms are the reason for no phalangites
    The Ptolemaioi regular army was much reduced during the period covered by FRRE, with the regime heavily reliant on mercenary forces. The Macedonian phalanx was also supplanted by the deployment of more flexible thureophoroi/thorakitai. If I recall correctly, however, we did decide to retain native makhimoi phalangitai .

The Hasmonaioi unit roster is much improved for FMIR

Thanks for your interest in this mod

Default Re: hip63's 77 BC 2.2. Installer - New Download link

Added new download link, thanks to Kylan271

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: hip63's 77 BC 2.2. Installer - New Download link

Hello people

first, really great mod. thank you Salvor Hardin and team members

I couldnt find bug report thread, so sharing here. drivers of scythed chariots are out of chariots. is there any fix which I missed or will there be?

thank you for the team again, for this great mod.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast