Page 7 of 581 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107507 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!Point Blank's "Real Combat + Recruitment" for 1.4.1 (doesn't work with 2.1)!!!!

Default Re: **Real Combat for TATW 1.0 beta released**

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    Great submod!I like it! the Mithril forge works perfectly!

Though I'm a little bit worried about crossbows-aren't they too strong now?while the whole archers are too nerfed with such a high defence values,especially Elves' defence.though Orc archers are perfectly lame
    I guess if we are trying to represent heavy crossbows, we need to decide if they are steel crossbows or heavy composite (ie wood etc). For the former an attack of 12-13 is appropriate, for the later about 10. Should the dwarves have the tech to be using steel crossbows?

Well the game loads fine, but I get a CTD when I try and load a battle. Any ideas on how to fix this?

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Can some one PLEASE tell me why there are two ing threads for the same god dam mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    I just tested HE Noldor archers (40+captain) vs Silvan Heavy Archers (60+captain). Both are considered high-end elite units ...

Well, Noldor pawned Silvans miserably loosing 6 units from their missile fire and killing 37. I'm not sure if the fact that Noldor got range of 260 and Silvan of 250 was so important since I used max range, certainly they lost at least 12 guys just because of not running towards me and not being reformed since beginning. Still, it's 6 kills versus 25 ... then, in melee I killed them all but their captain, losing 2 soldiers. That's 2 kills for 24 at best ... sure, they were tired a bit since they moved a bit, but that shouldn't matter that much given their default stamina. Well, when I won I read 'heroic victory', so I guess that over auto-resolve they would have won? Jesus, auto-resolve fails so hard I wonder what CA Australia was doing in their studio ... Yes, Noldor got better projectiles but still it's too big a difference <>
    Noldor are better quality, more accurate, more range, higher attack, and much more heavily armored. Result seems fine to me.

Also, uploaded new files in first post that seem to have fixed axethrower problem for me, and also made dwarven miners use their pickaxes 2-handed.
    Last edited by Point Blank; May 10, 2009 at 02:29 PM.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    Can some one PLEASE tell me why there are two ing threads for the same god dam mod?
    This is the 1.0 version. The other one is the former unfinished version, what's confusing?

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Of course I was speaking about Mounted Black Númenóreans. Besides, I reloaded my game and autoresolved against the Númenóreans, and got a clear win hahaha.
    Last edited by trance; May 10, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    This is the 1.0 version. The other one is the former unfinished version, what's confusing?

So uh, why not just update the one thread, instead of created a whole nother one..... just seems like a waste. And could be potentially confusing to people who aren't exactly mod/computer savvy. And there's a lot of people who just come here to DL. And not post. And I can imagine its quite confusing. Just saying man.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    No I haven't, it seemed like it was tested pretty well over at the .org, but if you are right and it is only +1 or perhaps +2 that would be great!
    I did load of work removing the weapon upgrade from DLV but then I was alerted to someone (sorry, I can't remember his name) claiming to have tested and found +1. So I tested it pretty rigorously and found I'd wasted my time with all that removing stuff because '+1' seemed about right.

So to be certain test it for yourself, but I am quite confident of what you'll find.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Well the game loads fine, but I get a CTD when I try and load a battle. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Uninstall TATW, delete TATW folder, install TATW then go to first post and read instruction...
    Dico tibi verum, libertas optima rerum, nunquam servili sub nexu vivito, fili
    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    Of course I was speaking about Mounted Black Númenóreans. Besides, I reloaded my game and autoresolved against the Númenóreans, and got a clear win hahaha.
    Wow, this is ridiculous. I assaulted Durthang, which happened to be the lair of the Witch King. Now, Black Númenóreans have always been a tough nut to crack, but this is pathetic. So, I kill his army (80 orcs) and proceed to the town square, where the Witch King retreated. I know that he's very powerful, so I commit all of my three Gondorian Spear regiments to the site. The Gondorians line up and form what I think is a rather sturdy, deep ranked battleline. Oh how wrong I was. The Black Númenóreans charge my spearmen, who of course were bracing for the attack. The result. 4 Númenóreans dead, half of my spearmen down for the count. Now, seeing the ensuing massacre I throw in my two generals and their respective bodyguards (totalling 78, one having 2 golden chevrons) straight into the flank of the Black Númenóreans. I manage to kill 40 of them, before being utterly massacred. Strangely enough, my Militia units (!!) manage to down about 8 of them before being killed. All my commited warriors, 3 Gondorian Spearmen units, 3 militia units, 2 militia archer, 2 gondorian archer units and my bodyguards utterly massacred. It's an outrage! I mean, he attacked my spear units head on, was flanked by my bodyguards, popped with arrows before the fight begun and then charged by my militia units. So yeah, I actually lost a whole army to the Black Númenóreans, and without making any major strategical mistakes.
    I got the impression you mean dismounted ones and play on small unit scale. If they were mounted it's fishy ... but still, nerfing them would be nonsensical, compare them to Elven cavalry and it's even more OP ...

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    I did load of work removing the weapon upgrade from DLV but then I was alerted to someone (sorry, I can't remember his name) claiming to have tested and found +1. So I tested it pretty rigorously and found I'd wasted my time with all that removing stuff because '+1' seemed about right.

So to be certain test it for yourself, but I am quite confident of what you'll find.
    I think it was +6 in m2tw patch 1.2 and +1 in kingdoms since 1.4/1.5 ... maybe someone should test it in multiplayer game with identical units to determine, with and without. (e.g. unit of base attack 6 with upgraded weapon vs unit of base attack of 7, same defense, stamina, morale, formation etc).
    Last edited by Achilla; May 10, 2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Wow, this is ridiculous. I assaulted Durthang, which happened to be the lair of the Witch King. Now, Black Númenóreans have always been a tough nut to crack, but this is pathetic. So, I kill his army (80 orcs) and proceed to the town square, where the Witch King retreated. I know that he's very powerful, so I commit all of my three Gondorian Spear regiments to the site. The Gondorians line up and form what I think is a rather sturdy, deep ranked battleline. Oh how wrong I was. The Black Númenóreans charge my spearmen, who of course were bracing for the attack. The result. 4 Númenóreans dead, half of my spearmen down for the count. Now, seeing the ensuing massacre I throw in my two generals and their respective bodyguards (totalling 78, one having 2 golden chevrons) straight into the flank of the Black Númenóreans. I manage to kill 40 of them, before being utterly massacred. Strangely enough, my Militia units (!!) manage to down about 8 of them before being killed. All my commited warriors, 3 Gondorian Spearmen units, 3 militia units, 2 militia archer, 2 gondorian archer units and my bodyguards utterly massacred. It's an outrage! I mean, he attacked my spear units head on, was flanked by my bodyguards, popped with arrows before the fight begun and then charged by my militia units. So yeah, I actually lost a whole army to the Black Númenóreans, and without making any major strategical mistakes.
    Haha, perfect imo.

You only have to beat him once.

PB, what have you changed in 4 compared to 3th update? Did you only include Germanicu5's fix?
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Nah, there's another Nazgűl heading my way, this time with a large army. Well, I was playing on Huge unit scale and I was facing mounted ones. Nasty buisness. 1200 or so dead. Plus both of my generals, no slobby ones either I can tell you, felt compelled to reload my game.

So uh, why not just update the one thread, instead of created a whole nother one..... just seems like a waste. And could be potentially confusing to people who aren't exactly mod/computer savvy. And there's a lot of people who just come here to DL. And not post. And I can imagine its quite confusing. Just saying man.
    yea what the hell is going on? why the did you guys decide to make two ing threads for the same mod? thats just downright confusing.....
    Maybe it's about time you come to this thread to register and thank the mod creator in person, not to mention reading instruction carefully instead of 'coming only to download' or 'coming only to flame'.

Your second quote has been answered already above your post, funny indeed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    I would have made it, if it wasn't for KK's meddling...

----------------------

I'm not flaming. I was just saying that its could be potentially confusing for some people. And if you'll notice I AM HERE POSTING. So just back off buddy. I was just trying to figure out why they made two threads for one mod, and to say that it is potentially confusing to do that.

Thanks for your time.
    You are wasting your time, this discussion is already over. You could have PMed Mith or PB or just post in one thread, at least after getting an answer which you seemed to ignore.
    Last edited by Achilla; May 10, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

MadTiest's Avatar Miles

I haven't read all posts, but won't this be horribly unbalanced because units costs and sizes have yet to be altered?

Plus, I think I'll wait for Darth Vader's changes. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiest View Post
    I haven't read all posts, but won't this be horribly unbalanced because units costs and sizes have yet to be altered?

Plus, I think I'll wait for Darth Vader's changes. Anyway, keep up the good work.
    Not quite, although some things need to be changed, I believe Berserkers are still a bit useless lol.

Just started a new campaign, awesome job and thank you very much!

Maybe it's about time you come to this thread to register and thank the mod creator in person, not to mention reading instruction carefully instead of 'coming only to download' or 'coming only to flame'.

Your second quote has been answered already above your post, funny indeed?
    I'm not flaming. I was just saying that its could be potentially confusing for some people. And if you'll notice I AM HERE POSTING. So just back off buddy. I was just trying to figure out why they made two threads for one mod, and to say that it is potentially confusing to do that.

Thanks for your time.

I'm a little confused, Mounted Black Numenorians only have about 35 men in huge size, you say you killed 40 then they massacred you, then killed another 8 etc?

PB, what have you changed in 4 compared to 3th update? Did you only include Germanicu5's fix?
    That and dwarven anim updates that fixed some of the issues on my install.