Page 6 of 581 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106506 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!!Point Blank's "Real Combat + Recruitment" for 1.4.1 (doesn't work with 2.1)!!!!

Default Re: **Real Combat for TATW 1.0 beta released**

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrok View Post
    I have a CTD with the loading screen since I downloaded this...
    Close some other apps or reboot to get more memory, try again.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrok View Post
    I have a CTD with the loading screen since I downloaded this...
    Anyone?

This is excellent I'm loving the changes, and I'm very happy you included the additional units!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Melee attack can't be upgraded by +1.
    About that... I've tested and found weapon upgrade is worth around +1 to +2 attack, +1 looks really likely. I think the +6 thing is a myth, have you tested it yourself?

edit: If you have tested it can you tell me how you are testing so I can get an idea what the problem with your results or mine might be?
    Last edited by Taiji; May 10, 2009 at 01:39 PM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Great submod!I like it! the Mithril forge works perfectly!

Though I'm a little bit worried about crossbows-aren't they too strong now?while the whole archers are too nerfed with such a high defence values,especially Elves' defence.though Orc archers are perfectly lame

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

I just tested HE Noldor archers (40+captain) vs Silvan Heavy Archers (60+captain). Both are considered high-end elite units ...

Well, Noldor pawned Silvans miserably loosing 6 units from their missile fire and killing 37. I'm not sure if the fact that Noldor got range of 260 and Silvan of 250 was so important since I used max range, certainly they lost at least 12 guys just because of not running towards me and not being reformed since beginning. Still, it's 6 kills versus 25 ... then, in melee I killed them all but their captain, losing 2 soldiers. That's 2 kills for 24 at best ... sure, they were tired a bit since they moved a bit, but that shouldn't matter that much given their default stamina. Well, when I won I read 'heroic victory', so I guess that over auto-resolve they would have won? Jesus, auto-resolve fails so hard I wonder what CA Australia was doing in their studio ... Yes, Noldor got better projectiles but still it's too big a difference <>
    Last edited by Achilla; May 10, 2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

I´ve been playing a bit with the new corsairs stats and i must say that they are much better than before, now they are no longer a good for nothing.

I think the new one hand animation they have is really good, and fast too, still they have problems with armoured units, which they can not kill, but i see that as normal.

What i don´t like is their lower morale compared to other haradrim units, and i think they should be reckless too. I have to play more with them to know if they´d need anything more, for now it seems that harad´s units usually need to have a numerical advantage to win agaisnt gondor´s unit. Their price would have to be adjusted then too, as for example gondor militia is cheaper but beat the corsairs without much difficulty.

But overall it was really good improvement to most units because of the new animations, now they generally fight much better.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm getting a ctd during the loading screen too.

I think I will wait until the offcial patch is done. I presume Real combat will be included?

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Bugfix Update:
    There was a typo in stakes script, it may result in one unit not stopping to deploy stakes, but finishing movement and then deploying them, nothing serious.
    Campaign files in both versions below
    I have no memory of this place.

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION3000 View Post
    Exactly which of the new units are not tolkien pure? Elves had shields, they had 1 handed swords, not really seeing a problem here. IMO it was a major oversight for them not to be in the main mod in the first place.
    They're not "against lore" per sé, I just don't think they fit in.

And most importantly, they eliminate faction weaknesses I don't want eliminated.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bucefalo View Post
    I´ve been playing a bit with the new corsairs stats and i must say that they are much better than before, now they are no longer a good for nothing.

I think the new one hand animation they have is really good, and fast too, still they have problems with armoured units, which they can not kill, but i see that as normal.

What i don´t like is their lower morale compared to other haradrim units, and i think they should be reckless too. I have to play more with them to know if they´d need anything more, for now it seems that harad´s units usually need to have a numerical advantage to win agaisnt gondor´s unit. Their price would have to be adjusted then too, as for example gondor militia is cheaper but beat the corsairs without much difficulty.

But overall it was really good improvement to most units because of the new animations, now they generally fight much better.
    One word: Flanking.

I hope one day AI will learn this a bit better too ;p
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    You should upload a version without Agostinos additional units. Now I'll have to delete them manually, and I'm lazy.
    Yes please. I think this may be causing my CTDs

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Bugfix Update:
    There was a typo in stakes script, it may result in one unit not stopping to deploy stakes, but finishing movement and then deploying them, nothing serious.
    Campaign files in both versions below
    PB updated first post with update3, is your fix up to date too or nothing has changed in the script since then?

This is the same mod as the one in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254055
    right?

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@Achilla
    Bugfix is newer than Update 3.

Ad. Flanking
    It's very efficient when using unit sizes smaller than huge, I'll be working on possibly making a huge unit size specific AI tommorow. AI was never that good at handling big units, as the formation takes up more space, which apparently was never forseen by CA.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Wow, this is ridiculous. I assaulted Durthang, which happened to be the lair of the Witch King. Now, Black Númenóreans have always been a tough nut to crack, but this is pathetic. So, I kill his army (80 orcs) and proceed to the town square, where the Witch King retreated. I know that he's very powerful, so I commit all of my three Gondorian Spear regiments to the site. The Gondorians line up and form what I think is a rather sturdy, deep ranked battleline. Oh how wrong I was. The Black Númenóreans charge my spearmen, who of course were bracing for the attack. The result. 4 Númenóreans dead, half of my spearmen down for the count. Now, seeing the ensuing massacre I throw in my two generals and their respective bodyguards (totalling 78, one having 2 golden chevrons) straight into the flank of the Black Númenóreans. I manage to kill 40 of them, before being utterly massacred. Strangely enough, my Militia units (!!) manage to down about 8 of them before being killed. All my commited warriors, 3 Gondorian Spearmen units, 3 militia units, 2 militia archer, 2 gondorian archer units and my bodyguards utterly massacred. It's an outrage! I mean, he attacked my spear units head on, was flanked by my bodyguards, popped with arrows before the fight begun and then charged by my militia units. So yeah, I actually lost a whole army to the Black Númenóreans, and without making any major strategical mistakes.
    Last edited by trance; May 10, 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    Wow, this is ridiculous. I assaulted Durthang, which happened to be the lair of the Witch King. Now, Black Númenóreans have always been a tough nut to crack, but this is pathetic. So, I kill his army (80 orcs) and proceed to the town square, where the Witch King retreated. I know that he's very powerful, so I commit all of my three Gondorian Spear regiments to the site. The Gondorians line up and form what I think is a rather sturdy, deep ranked battleline. Oh how wrong I was. The Black Númenóreans charge my spearmen, who of course were bracing for the attack. The result. 4 Númenóreans dead, half of my spearmen down for the count. Now, seeing the ensuing massacre I throw in my two generals and their respective bodyguards (totalling 78, one having 2 golden chevrons) straight into the flank of the Black Númenóreans. I manage to kill 40 of them, before being utterly massacred. Strangely enough, my Militia units (!!) manage to down about 8 of them before being killed. All my commited warriors, 3 Gondorian Spearmen units, 3 militia units, 2 militia archer, 2 gondorian archer units and my bodyguards utterly massacred. It's an outrage! I mean, he attacked my spear units head on, was flanked by my bodyguards, popped with arrows before the fight begun and then charged by my militia units.
    Spear units are not supposed to counter heavy melee units. Archers (unless Elven) are not supposed to fight in melee. Militia grade units are not supposed to fight Elite/Exceptional units.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    About that... I've tested and found weapon upgrade is worth around +1 to +2 attack, +1 looks really likely. I think the +6 thing is a myth, have you tested it yourself?

edit: If you have tested it can you tell me how you are testing so I can get an idea what the problem with your results or mine might be?
    No I haven't, it seemed like it was tested pretty well over at the .org, but if you are right and it is only +1 or perhaps +2 that would be great!

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I think he was talking about Mounted Numenorians,don't you,Trance?

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

wait wait wait, why is there to threads for RC now? I'm very confused now can someone please explain this to me?