Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Titus Pullo View Post
    Let us not forget how to behave Chivalrous

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It seems I forgot it

EDIT: Have a better look at my campaign here
    Last edited by Rhodian; February 08, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Let us not forget how to behave Chivalrous - Chivalry is not dead.

When is Marian reform starts?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

When Rome has a Huge city that isn't Roma, as far as i know.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

My First Campaign with Epirus gets Serious as Pyrrhus sacks Capua and immediately marches on Roma, but is intercepted by Roman General Aulus Pompeius, just south of the Eternal city.
    I couldn't do many screenshots since my computer is slow and it takes ages to get off DTW to paste them into paint, then back on into the battle, so here's a few...

Pyrrhus' hatred of Rome spurs him to battle at Tarracina

The Roman Army of Aulus Pompeius waits atop the hill

The battle Result

The Game called this a clear victory, which I suppose is fair, but I was close to losing too many men, considering my next move is against Rome itself, which is well guarded, I'll get screens of that later.

Yeah you have to watch those casualties when marching far from any where to retrain your army. Good luck taking Rome! Also you don't have to screen shot and go into paint, that is a painstaking method. RTW has it's own screen shot capturing, you just need a programme to convert tga files. Or you can use fraps which you can screenshot with as well as record videos etc. It just runs along side the game as you play it.

So my latest Baktrian campaign which I eventually lost because of Parthian and Seleucid teaming, but don't cry I brought pictures from my conquest of India! (Which didn't blitz as much as I would've liked to)

What happens when the massive indian elephant rampage and turn on her own allies?

What happens when the enemy greatly outnumbers you and hold a bridge head?

ps. This thread has to wake up, I wanna se the DTW fans different battles and backstories to the battles!
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

So some pics from my latest gaming

I just love the HD pics RTWs engine deliver ... Enjoy

Slaughter ...

... and slaughter ...

... and more slaughter ...

... could you believe it? Even more slaughter!!

This really was as the historical battle ... Pyrrhus won his "Pyrrhic victory" ... Except he died during the battle

Some of Maraxuses new Barbarian units!!! They look really nice and does now fit in with the rest of the DTW units (in matter of style and look)

A brave attempt indeed ... But it doesn't mean it's a successful attempt.

Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

"Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

ok heres my makedonian campaign using alx, kept those epirots at bay to deal with the romans while i re-take alexanders empire. used $ cheat though, those requitment costs are just crazy and so is corruption... by the way, whenever i build a market or uprgrade it or build a port ect. i look at the settlement details and when the trade goes up so does corruption with ratio 1:1 any help in countering this? coz i had like a -10000 settlement and i tried building a forum and sending a governer with like 5 management ended up making it -11000 lol

Well build anything that gives bonus in law, for example "academy". It's sweet if you are eastern, because then you can build "execution square" which really helps against corruption.

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Diadochi Total War version 1.16
    Imperial campaign playing as Carthage

Battle of Rhodos

I trained an army consisting mostly of Greek warriors at the Greek island Crete. They kinda function as my Greek Mercenary army over at the Pelleponese area.
    Here you see my Deuteroi fighting Classical Hoplite Mercenaries using their phalanx technique. In the far distance you see the Rhodian wonder ....The Colossus. Definately worth fighting for since it increases your naval trade.

Battle of Croton
    As Carthage, I encountered the Spartans for the first time while besieging the city of Croton, Italy.

The Greeks also had a fourth army consisting of 370 people.

Spartans charging my Liby-Phoenician pikemen

Holding the line...

Calling in the cavalery

At this point, I pretty much killed off all of the Greek armies.....this group of Spartans was what was left over. I send in the Sacred Band of Carthage to wipe em out. The Sacred Band are actually no match for Spartans if they would go 1 on 1, but the Spartans were already wounded and lost some men in previous battles.

The key to victory was Liby-Phoenician Pikemen.....which have a Phalanx technique.

Last stand of the Spartans
    Right after the fight at Croton, I started to besiege the city of Tarentum......after a bloody battle only the Spartans were remaining. They held their last defence at the center of the city. This is their last stand.

The Spartans were surrounded by the numerous forces of Carthage. After a long and tiring fight, only these 9 Spartans remained.

A first wave of 15 Levy Hoplites were send in to finish the job and proof their worthy. With the General watching, the Levy Hoplites charged with much confidence.

The Spartans gave them a warm welcome! The two parties met at the center of the city.

Even though the Spartans were outnumbered.....they definately mopped the floor with these simple warriors of Carthage.

The Levy Hoplites were crushed, humiliated and were now fleeing back to the General......

'Okay, who's next?'

This time no mistakes, the general already had suffered enough losses because of these annoying Spartans. Taking no risk, the general send in Carthage's finest.....the elite Sacred Band.

Clash of the Titans!!

The heat was on in the middle of the battle. Both sides not giving up or giving away any inch of ground.

Slowy, so very slowly....the Spartans were losing more of their brothers. The Sacred Band of Carthage was a force not to be underestimated. A Spartan general and officer were all that was left of the '9'.

But the heavy pressure delivered by the Carthaginians killed the Spartan officer who stumbled on his back....dying, and so leaving the general alone to face this threat.

One last warcry before the Spartan general finally died: 'FOR SPARTA!!'

The Spartan general falling.....and having an honorful death!

While standing over the dead body of the Spartan General, the Sacred Band celebrated their victory. A great fight had been won!
    Last edited by rogergargantua; October 08, 2010 at 11:17 AM.

woah 1.16?? i thought the latest version is only 1.15... can u tell me where to download it? and if there is a later version tell me 2 oh yeah....... 1 more thing...

DTW RULEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Well just click HERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cal20 View Post
    haha well then that's me school'd, makes sense though I guess. Imagine an island full of lesbians though, that would be pretty amazing . Quite hilarious fighting against them in campaign too.
    should be an easy fight except for 1 week a month!

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Looks really great, wonder why I missed this mod before

Nice, gotta love this mod

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    Diadochi Total War version 1.16
    Imperial campaign playing as Carthage

Battle of Rhodos

I trained an army consisting mostly of Greek warriors at the Greek island Crete. They kinda function as my Greek Mercenary army over at the Pelleponese area.
    Here you see my Deuteroi fighting Classical Hoplite Mercenaries using their phalanx technique. In the far distance you see the Rhodian wonder ....The Colossus. Definately worth fighting for since it increases your naval trade.

Battle of Croton
    As Carthage, I encountered the Spartans for the first time while besieging the city of Croton, Italy.

The Greeks also had a fourth army consisting of 370 people.

Spartans charging my Liby-Phoenician pikemen

Holding the line...

Calling in the cavalery

At this point, I pretty much killed off all of the Greek armies.....this group of Spartans was what was left over. I send in the Sacred Band of Carthage to wipe em out. The Sacred Band are actually no match for Spartans if they would go 1 on 1, but the Spartans were already wounded and lost some men in previous battles.

The key to victory was Liby-Phoenician Pikemen.....which have a Phalanx technique.

Last stand of the Spartans
    Right after the fight at Croton, I started to besiege the city of Tarentum......after a bloody battle only the Spartans were remaining. They held their last defence at the center of the city. This is their last stand.

The Spartans were surrounded by the numerous forces of Carthage. After a long and tiring fight, only these 9 Spartans remained.

A first wave of 15 Levy Hoplites were send in to finish the job and proof their worthy. With the General watching, the Levy Hoplites charged with much confidence.

The Spartans gave them a warm welcome! The two parties met at the center of the city.

Even though the Spartans were outnumbered.....they definately mopped the floor with these simple warriors of Carthage.

The Levy Hoplites were crushed, humiliated and were now fleeing back to the General......

'Okay, who's next?'

This time no mistakes, the general already had suffered enough losses because of these annoying Spartans. Taking no risk, the general send in Carthage's finest.....the elite Sacred Band.

Clash of the Titans!!

The heat was on in the middle of the battle. Both sides not giving up or giving away any inch of ground.

Slowy, so very slowly....the Spartans were losing more of their brothers. The Sacred Band of Carthage was a force not to be underestimated. A Spartan general and officer were all that was left of the '9'.

But the heavy pressure delivered by the Carthaginians killed the Spartan officer who stumbled on his back....dying, and so leaving the general alone to face this threat.

One last warcry before the Spartan general finally died: 'FOR SPARTA!!'

The Spartan general falling.....and having an honorful death!

While standing over the dead body of the Spartan General, the Sacred Band celebrated their victory. A great fight had been won!

Nice battle hopefully I'll try that with other factions

Quote Originally Posted by DeathHand View Post
    Nice, gotta love this mod
    Tell us something new
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Attachment 158832
    Barrage of javelins.

Attachment 158831
    My good defeat.

Attachment 158833
    Silly soldier.

Attachment 158855
    charge into the face of the enemy!!
    Last edited by The Roman Republic; April 29, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

Just a few pictures of a custom battle against the Ptolemaic Empire playing as the league of Greek cities.

Love the mod by the way, no other mod presents ancient Greece more gloriously IMHO.

Hoplites on the march..

Mercenary hoplites make short work of wicker shields...

Hoplites forming up in the city...

Nubian takes a spear through his torso...

Victory march...

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Just a few pictures of a custom battle against the Ptolemaic Empire playing as the league of Greek cities.

Love the mod by the way, no other mod presents ancient Greece more gloriously IMHO.

Hoplites on the march..

Mercenary hoplites make short work of wicker shields...

Hoplites forming up in the city...

Nubian takes a spear through his torso...

Victory march...

Brilliant pics, how did you zoom in so much onto the units, like zooming right onto the ground and stuff,and getting rid of the banners.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast