Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Screenshots

Can't be - he's wearing armor. Don't you know all Spartans fought bare-chested?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

battleline

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Here are some pics from a Greek vs. Makadonian battle, enjoy.

Edited by RedFox - Invalid Attachments
    Last edited by RedFox; July 17, 2009 at 08:52 AM.

INVALID ATTATCHMENTS.

no pictures, no fair
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

i'll put them back up

EDIT: here they are
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Great pics, guys. Thanks!

Here are a few pics of an important battle during my struggle with Dacia. Dacians had advantage in heavy infantry. Odds were against me, but I had an advantage in cavalry, which I was hoping to exploit.

So, this is it …

Moments later: sky turned black, cold water from the sky came upon warriors … a bird of ill omen …

Anyway, Dacian infantry charged and it soon became clear that Thracian spearmen and peltasts stood little chance against Dacian sicklemen …

I had to turn Thracian light cavalry around and abandon their mission to keep the enemy general busy in order to hammer Dacians on the left flank and hopefully save the day

The Thracian heavy cavalry (general’s bodyguards) were already hammering Dacians on the right flank

Tharcians ultimately succeeded in defeating Dacians on the right, but at a high cost …

Heavy cavalry and the remainder of the infantry moved to the (initially) left flank to assist Thracian peltasts, but it was too late: the thin Thracian line finally collapsed. Thracian heavy cavalry kept charging and chasing weakened Dacian units, but they stood no chance against the enemy heavy infantry. So, they soon retreated as well.

Well, that was a sad day indeed, but I could raise an army of spearmen and peltasts in a few turns, whereas Dacia could not recover. So, this turned to be a last memorable setback in Dacian campaign.

Using warbands is probably the worst thing you can do ... But nice Battle anyways
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    Using warbands is probably the worst thing you can do ... But nice Battle anyways
    I know what you mean, jakobh. But, this is still pretty early in Thrace campaign and I felt it was wiser to stick to warband-Thracian peltats combo, at least till I nail Dacia. They are inexpensive and can be recruited/re-trained in almost every settlement. I do not even train falxemen, cause they die too fast for their cost. As soon as I can train Thacian light cavalry, I add 2-4 units of those to my barabrian armies. Later in the game I switch to helenic armies with few barbarian units.

Here is a later battle from same campaign. This is true Diadochi action
    ---

These are a few pics of a battle with Macs. After defeating Dacia, Thracians marched to Macedonia and immediately bumped into a large Macedonian stack.

Battle was great fun. Macs had an advantage in heavy infantry and I had an advantage in cavalry. Odds were pretty even as far as I can remember. The challenge was to win decisively, to win with minimal losses, so I could march into Macedonia without delay. (The battle was on Hard and fatigue off)

Beginning of the battle

As can be seen on the mini map, Macs had been threatening my left flank (some Mac’s phalangists and hypapists). So, I had to move my peltasts left to counter the enemy advantage.

Phalanx lines about to collide …

The clash and the struggle ...

Action on the left flank: Macs advantage cancelled.

Enemy general … watching his life passing before his eyes

Victory!

Stats for those interested

Last edited by Stilgar CG; September 27, 2009 at 03:21 AM.

It's always fun to see Thrace rise to power. I love that faction.

I do wonder how your men could stand up against the Hypaspists ...
    I love when the enemy general gets trapped and he has to strong moral to run away, those scenes are epic
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by jakobh94 View Post
    I do wonder how your men could stand up against the Hypaspists ...
    I love when the enemy general gets trapped and he has to strong moral to run away, those scenes are epic
    Well, there were just two hypapists units. The problem was both those units were acting on the same flank. Approach to their annihilation was simple: pinning down with whatever unit, then a nice little javelin shower (preferrably form a flank or in the back), and cavalry charge in the rear. Thracian peltasts did the javelinning of hypapists in that battle, but Thracian light cavalry is particulalry good at both softenning and finishing heavy infantry off. A group of 3-4 experienced Thracian light cavalry units are just like piranhas, if you know what I mean.

Killing enemy general is pure katharsis indeed.
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; September 28, 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Nice screens! I like how you turned your defeat into an overall victory by destroying the Dacian army, was a nice move. I think that hill advantage helped you out a lot against the Makedonians

Quote Originally Posted by Cal20 View Post
    Nice screens! I like how you turned your defeat into an overall victory by destroying the Dacian army, was a nice move. I think that hill advantage helped you out a lot against the Makedonians
    It sure did. This was not a very tough battle after all. Still, if you do not stay focused and do it by the book, you can mess things up even in such situations. The challenge here was to win decisively. A Phyrric victory would be quite a set-back and was not a part of plan .

Maybe add it as a trait, Lol, this man loves to laugh out loud.
    LOL

Jokes aside, great mod, guys! Congratulations

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

This game rules!!!

Sure it does, it's one of the greatest mods in RTW.

Let us not forget how to behave Chivalrous - Chivalry is not dead.

I Agree DTW rocks

Here are some Battle Screenshots of mine:

My Spartans

Yeah, come right on my spears...

Enemy General

Spartan Royal Guards VS Makedonian Thorakitae

Romans

Pergamum VS Makedonia

Let no one survive

CRUSH 'EM...
    rometwalx20091011215745.png/1/w1024.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Last edited by Rhodian; November 20, 2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Removed Twitter Ad

Nice screens, keep them coming. So nice siege battles, which are usually quite annoying. You not prefer playing with huge units?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal20 View Post
    Nice screens, keep them coming. So nice siege battles, which are usually quite annoying. You not prefer playing with huge units?
    Most of these, if not all, are from when I started playing Diadochi and didn't use Huge Units.
    Now with my new Spartan Campaign I use Huge Unit Scale, but I have deserted it because of a battle
    with the Makedonians I don't wanna lose, but always do

I will try to fight it again and upload the results and the battle
    Last edited by Rhodian; November 21, 2009 at 05:20 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast