Thread: Navy/Port Bug

Default Navy/Port Bug

Hey all

I was playing my most recent campaign (started after the most recent patch(oh and I have no mods installed)) and it has started to CTD whenever I attempt to move my navy. From my save I click end turn, my trade route gets raided and then I attempted to select the port with my main naval force in it and it CTDs!!!

I've spent a rather long time and this is extremely annoying, I will have to try doing other things but to not be able to access this navy would be a major blow (the upkeep for them is a few thousand with there being several 2nds, 4ths and 6ths)

Anyway anyone got any ideas? I hope it won't be permanent but i'm pretty certain it will =[

It's just rather annoying after having put so much time into the game (its 1755 or 56 I think (the furtherest I have got so far without a major CTD stopping me))

Any help would be great but I fear there is no help.

Civis

Default Re: Navy/Port Bug

I'm having the same problem and am a little frustrated because I thought it was something they said was fixed with the latest patch. The game locks up for about 30 seconds when I click on anything navy related (ports, fleets, ect.) and will crash about 50% of the time when I move a fleet. I've given up compleatly on trying to build navies, roather, just a lot of fishing ports. I have to keep foot soldiers nearby all ports to kick out an invading navy.

Same problem here, this unpolished game is quite annoying. About to sell it on eBay. I don't have to explain my problem because its the exact same crap you guys are going through.

I reported that this problem still existed after the latest patch
    This bug has been in the game from the start
    If you look at the latest report from the update log CA now say this is caused by the dropping of the tile system for movement in TW and allowing units to move anywhere on the map.
    Thus when you click on a fleet it has so many options to calculate to draw the green area for movement it causes a crash.
    Frankly I dont believe it
    Why is it always the fleets that cause this land units presumably perform the same calculation
    Why is it always in the latter portion of the game
    As it has been happening since the game came out, if you check the posts it has been consistently reported as causing crashes to desktop, why has this not been fixed after three releases of major patches.
    Also it is totally random sometimes they work ok and will move maybe once or twice then you click on the same fleet for a second or third move and a crash results.
    After the latest patch I deleted all my save games, started a new campagin as Gb in the last 20 years now and want to bring a fleet with army into Meditteranean for conquering Malta, Egypt to complete the victory conditions and moved the fleet from UK twice on third move get freeze, white screen and then crash
    Like you guys I have had it with the game, by definition the campaigns are long and after many hours playing near the end you get these crashes on a completley random basis with fleets.
    I will never trust another CA game.
    Very soon the game will have been available for 2 months and this well known bug is still not fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberth1 View Post
    Why is it always the fleets that cause this land units presumably perform the same calculation
    Why is it always in the latter portion of the game
    because land units only get *very* small range increases
    Whereas if you compare the movement available to say a 2nd rate to that of a sloop, you will see a considerable difference. And remember doubling the radius of the movement circle quadruples the number of destinations it can reach.

and that is why it gets worse later in the game

and that is also why adding a sloop to your fleet can help alleviate the problem, because a fleet can only go as far as it's slowest ship. ( more maths D=SxT in E:TW T=6months)

maths, pure and simple.

and as you say if you look at the updates, CA say they've fixed it, patch undoubtedly coming soon. (updates go quiet and slow down, collective drawing of breath, major fixes in and tested, all hint towards an imminent patch, but CA will not give a date, nor would I want them to)

"reasons to be cheerful, part 3" to quote Ian Dury