Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Bug Reports

Well... if people prefer it that way, we can just keep the name "Provincial". It's indeed a term that comes up from time to time when I read about the 7 Years War. Even if it's not 100% applicable for all nations... then again, neither is "Reserve". In any case, I don't mind using the term "Provincials" form now on.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Elm_Javelin View Post
    Oh! And i thought that change Reserve to Provincial was intentional. And i liked it. As they are indeed literally PROVINCIAL, i.e. that can be recruited in provinces. UP: And (sorry for flame) I don't like the term Reserve Regiment, since in XVIII there were no 'reservists' in morden meaning of this word.
    I saw it and thought it made sense to keep for the exactly the reason you note. I was curious what folks would say.

So it's not a bug, it's a feature (I've always wanted to say this)

I think I found another recruitment bug, the UP can not recruit horse guards/garde du corps in campaign(dont know if thats WAD, but they are in the unit roster in custom battles so I'm guessing its a bug).

You need to be an absolute/constitutional monarchy to recruit the Horse Guards (UP starts as a Republic). We haven't changed this from ETW.

i just opened the unitstats file from your latest version (1.44) via pack manager; all european line infantry units have ammo 12; i thought this should be 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    You need to be an absolute/constitutional monarchy to recruit the Horse Guards (UP starts as a Republic). We haven't changed this from ETW.
    ok, thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by julianus apostata View Post
    i just opened the unitstats file from your latest version (1.44) via pack manager; all european line infantry units have ammo 12; i thought this should be 15?
    From 1.33 patch notes:
    * Regular line infantry ammo 12 -> 15; regular light infantry 15 -> 18

I think we got some misanderstanding here.
    Some people (including myself) can read "12 -> 15" as "it was 12 - we made it 15".

I believe that Sage2 means quite opposite. Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Elm_Javelin View Post
    I think we got some misanderstanding here.
    Some people (including myself) can read "12 -> 15" as "it was 12 - we made it 15".

I believe that Sage2 means quite opposite. Please clarify.
    whooooooops.

my notes suck. That should have read 10 -> 12.

I'm getting a constant CDT in the first battle I'm having with the US as GB in 1.43 (although I have 1.44 installed I don't think this matters). I've played it four times now....

CTD occurs part way through the battle not on load.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973 View Post
    That means it's not related to incorrect unit models... The only time I've ever had this happen to me (don't know if it was with TROM) was when I dismounted dragoons. Do you remember the composition of the armies involved?

Can I give you the saved game? It may be easier if that is possible.

Yes, just attach it in this thread

I'm getting a constant CDT in the first battle I'm having with the US as GB in 1.43 (although I have 1.44 installed I don't think this matters). I've played it four times now....

Shaggy, can you try completely turning off your sound and trying it? CA has acknowledged a crash bug related to audio and is working on a hotfix. It could be related to that.

Thanks guys. I'm about to invade virginia. I place the small army on the border for reinforcements and invade with the large army. I'll try and play through it with the sound turned off, although it may be a disastrous as when I auto-resolved.

For some reason I don't mind long turns, I say make the change you mentioned about changing the smaller nations gimped CAI. Can we also give UP a leg up (more starting naval units would be a start as didn't the dutch have the largest navy around this time)? My dreams of a Northern European Protestant alliance fall to bits with UP in TROM. They seem to be a bit better in Vanilla for some reason. I really think all countries should have a good chance to make it big.

You still gonna run with the naval changes? I'm in the 1720s and still see nothing bigger than a galleon/40 gun frigate My fourth rates rule the sea with ease. I'm also still seeing a lot of the most basic infantry, does the AI improve unit variety or do you think they may be economically struggling with the TROM unit costs? I'm on VH/VH.

It seems that playing the battle with the sound off worked - you're psychic

It seems that playing the battle with the sound off worked - you're psychic
    Yeah, hate to say it, but you will have to wait for the hot fix.

Russian Grenadiers use platoon fire whereas guards and other units generally seem to use rank fire. This might be per design, but I suspect its a bug/stats tweak.

Regards, Moopere

Prussian grenadiers use rank, platoon and advanced platoon fire unlike all other grenadier units.