Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    So I uninstalled via Steam..... and would you believe the bloody thing doesn't ask to back up your saved files?

BLOOD-E-HELL!!!
    How.... 1997. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the rest of this game. I'm very sorry to hear you lost your saves -- that really blows!

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    How.... 1997. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering the rest of this game. I'm very sorry to hear you lost your saves -- that really blows!
    It's not CA's fault, it's Valves for how Steam works.

And to top it off, the Steam servers are too busy to let me reinstall.

I'm gonna brush off Sins of a Solar Empire and actually play Entrenchment, I haven't even played the expansion and I've had it since release.

Well playing Sins fell through.

I ended up just spamming Steam to begin installing ETW. It's 3:45AM PST here and it's DLing at 1.3MB....

I'm going to bed~

I just started my first TROM campaign and I'm really enjoying it; thanks for creating this great mod.

The only issue I've had so far is that Montreal and Quebec (I'm playing as France) are recieving a large happiness + from "resistance to foriegn occupation". Not only are they not occupied by any one other than me, but the "resistance to foriegn occupation" is a happiness +, not a -.

Montreal and Quebec should be at about 0 (upper class)/ 0 (lower class)
    overall happiness, but instead they're at 15/12.

Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Jaguar View Post
    I just started my first TROM campaign and I'm really enjoying it; thanks for creating this great mod.

The only issue I've had so far is that Montreal and Quebec (I'm playing as France) are recieving a large happiness + from "resistance to foriegn occupation". Not only are they not occupied by any one other than me, but the "resistance to foriegn occupation" is a happiness +, not a -.

Montreal and Quebec should be at about 0 (upper class)/ 0 (lower class)
    overall happiness, but instead they're at 15/12.

Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do about it?
    You're occupied somewhere in the near vicinity; it is indeed supposed to be a positive, not a negative. I don't believe I have ANY control over this -- it is entirely hard codes.

OK, well I got up and my install was done, I slapped TROM back in and found to my delight that my saved games were... well saved.

Turns out they're kept in a folder called AppDate on Vista in your user folder which was hidden, the only way I found them was using the turn editor, I deselect hide folder so I can access it better.

Well, it's a mixed bag.

My saved games are still there, but the CTDs when taking towns or declaring war remain in my Dutch game. Looks like I'll be playing my Russian game earlier than I hoped.

I just pray that it's just a cock up with my Dutch game and not something that's going to plague me in a new one.

Well see I guess.

OK, well I got up and my install was done, I slapped TROM back in and found to my delight that my saved games were... well saved.

Turns out they're kept in a folder called AppDate on Vista in your user folder which was hidden, the only way I found them was using the turn editor, I deselect hide folder so I can access it better.

Well, it's a mixed bag.

My saved games are still there, but the CTDs when taking towns or declaring war remain in my Dutch game. Looks like I'll be playing my Russian game earlier than I hoped.

I just pray that it's just a cock up with my Dutch game and not something that's going to plague me in a new one.

Well see I guess.
    Hey, can you .zip up a savegame with the crash, tell me how to reproduce it, and put it somewhere for me to download?

Didn't think of doing that, I've already saved over it.

If it pops up again I'll fire one off to you.

Didn't think of doing that, I've already saved over it.

If it pops up again I'll fire one off to you.
    Okay, thanks Beastro. I don't know if there's anything that I can do in the mod for it, but there are a couple things I could try. It may just be a part of the latent instability of ETW.

Yeah it's always hard to tell with dealing with new patch changes and a new mod version.

It'll be awhile before I get back to where I was as the Dutch with my new Russian game so we may never know if a new patch comes out before I run into the same issue (if it ever does pop up).

I don't know if this is a vanilla or mod related bug but I just autoresolved my defense of Iasi against an attacking Austrian army playing as Russia, I had three units of Dragoons. After the battle all three dragoons are showing 120-140 men in each unit instead of the normal 60. I'm not sure if thats actually how many but i will be able to know for sure once I do another battle with them.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    I don't know if this is a vanilla or mod related bug but I just autoresolved my defense of Iasi against an attacking Austrian army playing as Russia, I had three units of Dragoons. After the battle all three dragoons are showing 120-140 men in each unit instead of the normal 60. I'm not sure if thats actually how many but i will be able to know for sure once I do another battle with them.
    Uhhh... that's really weird. I've never seen that in TROM or Vanilla. Incidentally, newly recruited dragoon units will show 45, as the size was decreased in 1.2x.

G'day, I have been playing your awesome mod as Sweden and am wondering if anyone has had any issues with gentlemen's duels? I just sent of my finest examples of Swedish intelligentsia to give a nearby Russian gentleman a bit of a touch up but after I saw the match up screen with the likely percentage of victory, the screen went white and then crashed to desktop.

Have others had duels which caused this also or is it just me?

Thanks again for the great mod though, this isn't a massive drama for me as I think it's probably the only time I've used my gentleman for a duel instead of racking up research points.

Quote Originally Posted by Slugger78 View Post
    G'day, I have been playing your awesome mod as Sweden and am wondering if anyone has had any issues with gentlemen's duels? I just sent of my finest examples of Swedish intelligentsia to give a nearby Russian gentleman a bit of a touch up but after I saw the match up screen with the likely percentage of victory, the screen went white and then crashed to desktop.

Have others had duels which caused this also or is it just me?

Thanks again for the great mod though, this isn't a massive drama for me as I think it's probably the only time I've used my gentleman for a duel instead of racking up research points.
    I've never had a problem duels. I've a couple recently in my Russian game.

What you're describing might be a bug in video playback, since it brings up a video. I'll test and see if I can find any problems with this.

My game as Russia is going well but I have a question: does Russia ever get to produce Russian Line Infantry or or they forever stuck making Reserve Line Infantry?

Also I'm unable to produce Siberian Hunters, do I need a Barracks instead of the Civilian line of buildings? Can't recruit Swedish or Austrian infantry but I can understand if that's for balance.

And another thing, I wasn't able to produce Hannoverian Grenadiers as the Dutch last game, with the restrictions on grenadiers now they would be a big use.

I'm kinda ticked that Russia doesn't get to recruit any of the Minor German state units, I was looking foward to my Saxon Freicorp Jaegers.

None the less I'm swimming in Prussians now so it's not a big deal.

My game as Russia is going well but I have a question: does Russia ever get to produce Russian Line Infantry or or they forever stuck making Reserve Line Infantry?

Also I'm unable to produce Siberian Hunters, do I need a Barracks instead of the Civilian line of buildings? Can't recruit Swedish or Austrian infantry but I can understand if that's for balance.

And another thing, I wasn't able to produce Hannoverian Grenadiers as the Dutch last game, with the restrictions on grenadiers now they would be a big use.

I'm kinda ticked that Russia doesn't get to recruit any of the Minor German state units, I was looking foward to my Saxon Freicorp Jaegers.

None the less I'm swimming in Prussians now so it's not a big deal.
    You can produce Russian Line in Muscovy. Each of the named line units is only preducable in 1 province, with the exception of the papal states line.

Russia should be able to recruit all of the German state AOR units that other European powers can. Why do you think they cannot?

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    You can produce Russian Line in Muscovy. Each of the named line units is only preducable in 1 province, with the exception of the papal states line.

Russia should be able to recruit all of the German state AOR units that other European powers can. Why do you think they cannot?
    Because I hold both Hannover and Saxony and are unable to produce their special units.

Also, I'm at the second to last Barracks in Moscow and I'm still unable to recruit Russian Line Infantry while my Near Siberian regions are at the second highest civie building and still can't make Siberian Hunters.

I upgraded from 1.23.1 to 1.24 early on but even with 1.23.1 I wasn't able to make the Russian Infantry, I just assumed that they took a few upgraded buildings before they could.

If you want a save I can toss you one.

Here's some SS':

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And to show it's not effecting everything:

Because I hold both Hannover and Saxony and are unable to produce their special units.

Also, I'm at the second to last Barracks in Moscow and I'm still unable to recruit Russian Line Infantry while my Near Siberian regions are at the second highest civie building and still can't make Siberian Hunters.

I upgraded from 1.23.1 to 1.24 early on but even with 1.23.1 I wasn't able to make the Russian Infantry, I just assumed that they took a few upgraded buildings before they could.

If you want a save I can toss you one.
    Hmm... okay, I think there's something wonky with your install of this mod. You copied the startpos.esf file to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main correct? And that was done before you started the game (it only loads once, with a new campaign).

I must have messed up the install somehow, I can't see how.

The Blood pack wasn't installed either.

Oh well I can go without the Germans or Russky Infantry, I'm dominating most of the Europe and NA anyway.