Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.T View Post
    say i'm useing version 1.14 and in turn 3 i have already war with 4 nations is this normal? maby i'm doing somthing wrong?
    No CAI changes have been made since 1.00, and those were very, very slight. The CAI makes a lot of fuzzy decisions (i.e. semi-random) + you may have started at war with some of them.

In vanilla Russian campaign for example you will be at war with at least Ottomans and Crimean Khanate in the beginning and on top of that with Sweden, Georgia and Dagestan in 3-4 turns. 10 turns in, I had also Denmark declare war on me... With six nations at war with me and only three mediocre quarter stacks it is very tough start. Not as tough as playing Dagestan of corse - only one village, two-slot city and crappy economy.

hi...i noticed another potential bug...playing as france i have noticed that if u build the arc de triumph building the regiment estrangers (misspelled i know) and the royal escoais (misspelled again) do not get the extra chevrons like they do in the building before it...in essence the building before gives them two chevrons and the arc gives them none when it should give them two....did not check the other unique barracks for other countries so i do not know if this problem exits with any other troops...

Quote Originally Posted by gogopher View Post
    hi...i noticed another potential bug...playing as france i have noticed that if u build the arc de triumph building the regiment estrangers (misspelled i know) and the royal escoais (misspelled again) do not get the extra chevrons like they do in the building before it...in essence the building before gives them two chevrons and the arc gives them none when it should give them two....did not check the other unique barracks for other countries so i do not know if this problem exits with any other troops...
    That sounds like a vanilla bug, since those units haven't been touched by me. That should be easy to fix, however. I'll look into for the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by F@32 View Post
    In vanilla Russian campaign for example you will be at war with at least Ottomans and Crimean Khanate in the beginning and on top of that with Sweden, Georgia and Dagestan in 3-4 turns. 10 turns in, I had also Denmark declare war on me... With six nations at war with me and only three mediocre quarter stacks it is very tough start. Not as tough as playing Dagestan of corse - only one village, two-slot city and crappy economy.
    Yes... Russia has a challenging starting position. Because of the government changes I made, their early game may be a touch easier (due to cheaper recruitment) but their late game (assuming they stay as AM) may be a touch more challenging.

hi...i found a few errors and one left off item:

1) russian Leib Guards have a 0 for range listed meaning they cant shot their guns
    2) some english ships are not using english rating names ie 74 gun flagship and 120 gun heavy SOL and a few others
    3) final french barracks ard de triumph still builds estranger and royal escoais at 0 chevrons when both should have 2
    4) not sure if intended but prussia can still build reg curaissers as well as prussian named ones....not sure if this is true for the austrians and french...english dragoons disapear with the appearance of light dragoons in London and Scotland barracks still recruitable in ireland however...
    5) and this is just a "bugs me kinda thing" the hungarian hussars appear to be the exact same stat wise to reg hussars...is there anyway to seperate them from regular hussars maybe a boost in morale?...seems if they are named they should be better than all other hussars...

that is all i found so far the new version looks really cool cant wait to play it...thanks for all the hard work

***edit*** posted in bug section as well

About the range of Austria 4 raters:
    now with v.121 I test custome battle: early time, a 54 gun Austria (4th) vs a English Brig. Make them far separate from the start. The 4 rater only open fire at 2/3 of its visible range.

Encountered a bug with 1.22.

I upgraded my game as the Dutch and everything works will.... except for Afghanistan.

My game CTDs when I attempt to move my arty out of Kabul (4 regiments of 12 pounder howitzers, 2 of 12 pounder cannons) or when I move my other units out of it and back into it (10 Regiments of Sepoys, 3 of VOC Cavalry and my General).

I can move all the arty except for one unit out of the city and everything qorks well, but when I do the last on it's own it can't move anywhere else from where I ordered it to and when it's disbanded the game crashes.

I just tried to move my arty out of the city individually again and the game crashed as the first one was sent out.

It's a shame, the units in Kabul constitute roughly 2rds of my active force in India, the remainer held back that are small in number are tied up defending Baluchistan leaving my force invading the resurgant Ottomans on it's own with the remaining arty (2 12 pounder howies, 2 12 pounder cannons).

Game CTDs when I try to move units into Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    Game CTDs when I try to move units into Paris.
    Does this happen every time? If it does happen every time, can you do me a quick favor and remove all mods, including ETW, from the \data directory (so it's clean as a whistle) and try again?

Yeah mean move everything out of the Data folder and have steam reinstall the vanilla files that are missing?

Yeah mean move everything out of the Data folder and have steam reinstall the vanilla files that are missing?
    Just remove mod files, so that you are running 'vanilla'. All of the crash bugs I've seen are due to vanilla.

It's not impossible that the expanded movement distances for TROM are causing a problem (ala the Naval select crash bug), but this doesn't sound quite like that.

I never had the naval crash bug.

I'll see what happens after this battle.

OK uninstalled TROM and everything works fine, the game CTDs if I try to load my old TROM game tho which I expected.

Reinstalled it and tried it out... and it works.

I've tried bringing in units from far off and near by with no ill effects but I'm not such it's settled and I don't really want to make my next game a Western Europe one so I won't be playing around with Paris for awhile, I still have my eyes on trying Russia out.

I reduced my arty in Kabul down to one unit, it's looks like the 2 ranked 12 pounder cannon regiment is the core of the issue, the game CTDs when I try to move it out of the city or have it disbanded.
    Last edited by Beastro; May 23, 2009 at 12:53 AM.

Reinstalled it and tried it out... and it works.

I reduced my arty in Kabul down to one unit, it's looks like the 2 ranked 12 pounder cannon regiment is the core of the issue, the game CTDs when I try to move it out of the city or have it disbanded.
    If it works with TROM installed, and it doesn't crash every time, then it's not the path-finding crash bug. It may just be one of the random crashes that ETW has.

Regarding Kabul, I doubt this is the pathfinding crash bug, since artillery units have low movement -- I would expect to see it with a cavalry unit or the like. I don't have any idea what this is, but I'm inclined to think that's it's not TROM.

The arty bug isn't much of an issue anyway, the games long past the point where money is an issue for one 12 pounder to be much of a drain.

The games CTDing whenever I try to start a war. Has happened with Savoy and Poland so far.

I have quite the list of protectorates and allies but even when I don't call on their help it still CTDs.

The games CTDing whenever I try to start a war. Has happened with Savoy and Poland so far.

I have quite the list of protectorates and allies but even when I don't call on their help it still CTDs.

It's really odd that you're having all these CTDs. Do you have the means to do a clean re-install of ETW? It seems like something in your configuration might be a little messed up, but I just can't begin to make a guess.

It's CTDing now everytime I try to capture a city.

I'm gonna try a clean reinstall, if that doesn't work then my only option is to abandon my Dutch game which will piss me off to no end.

So I uninstalled via Steam..... and would you believe the bloody thing doesn't ask to back up your saved files?

BLOOD-E-HELL!!!