Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Default Re: v1.7x Bug Reports

I have a big problem :
    I have a new install of ETW by Steam and i try to install TROM1.7 mod, and when i try to strat i have this message "application load error 5:0000065434",
    When i try to launch ETW vanilla by steam it's ok that work !

Can someone help me ?
    I'm on W8

I've just moved from 1.69 to 1.7 and have noticed an issue with musketry. Infantry in the game now only fire their front ranks. Even after fire by rank this contin ues with line and mlitia. I've tried both British and Russians with the same results.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Did you fix the bug yet or we still have problems with 1.7?

I have the following problem: playing as Russia, when I end my 61st turn, the British make their moves and then the game freezes! The little clock keeps rotating, but everything else is frozen and if I open the Task Manager it says "Not Responding".. Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening or what can I do to fix it? Could it be "campaign specific", ie. if I start a new campaign would it work properly?

Thank you very much for any replies..

My game is the Mac App Store version of ETW and I am running v1.7 of TROM with standard 2-turn years.

I am also experiencing the bug where, during an AI turn, the game will completely freeze except for the spinning pocket watch graphic. It happens most often with Denmark. Returning to a slightly earlier saved game and then doing a few things differently makes no difference: The crash still happens at the same point. There is no way to proceed with the campaign once this freeze occurs.

This has happened each time I have run a Grand Campaign with TROM, usually around the 1715-1720 time frame. I'm a patient person, but I am removing the mod now until hopefully this bug is repaired in the next release. I wish I didn't have to because ETW with TROM is otherwise far superior to ETW without TROM.

User fjmjr suggested that I turn off Show AI Moves in order to work around the freeze-during-AI-turn bug, and it worked. I can turn off Show AI Moves just for the one turn where the bug occurs, and I can turn it back on again afterward. Thanks, fjmjr!

Still would be better to fix this, though... Great mod! Thanks for creating and maintaining it.

Sorry, I've got to retract my confirmation of that workaround. A few turns later, with Show AI Moves still disabled, the game froze and again it was on Denmark's turn. No way to get past that point. This never happened to me with the unmodded game. Great mod! But I'll need to disable it in order to play more than 20% of the way through a Grand Campaign.

Hey, started the mod and noticed strange thing - exempting a region from taxes actually decreased my population growth (Poland e.g. for Gdansk). Is it a bug or expected with the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMHammer View Post
    I'll need to disable it in order to play more than 20% of the way through a Grand Campaign.
    Same here Second campaign with the problem (freezing on Ottoman's turn) - tried out multiple suggested workarounds but none helped... Here is my save just in case: http://www.filedropper.com/autosave_1

Quote Originally Posted by MAG View Post
    exempting a region from taxes actually decreased my population growth (Poland e.g. for Gdansk). Is it a bug or expected with the mod?
    Figured out what the reason was: pop_growth_tax_multiplier has positive value in TROM and in ETW it means a bonus instead of penalty, so lowering tax decreases this "bonus", but when taxation is completely disabled - this "bonus" is removed, which results in negative values. It looks like other population growth effects (e.g. that of farms) were not changed, so I would suggest to restore vanilla values (with negative multipliers), as their in-game effect seems reasonable. One simply needs to change following values with Pack File Manager:

• fix population growth: in trom_core_part1.pack -> taxes_effects_jct_tables -> trom_taxes_effects_jct change pop_growth_tax_modifier and pop_growth_tax_multiplier
      • lower_extortionate -> -0.45 and -1.2
      • lower_high -> -0.35 and -0.8
      • lower_normal -> -0.25 and -0.4
      • lower_low -> -0.15 and -0.2
      • lower_minimal -> -0.05 and -0.1

I would also suggest to switch back town wealth logic, i.e.:

• remove town wealth penalty from lower classes taxes: in trom_core_part1.pack -> taxes_effects_jct_tables -> trom_taxes_effects_jct delete tw_growth_taxes_* rows for lower_*

• respectively increase wealth penalty for upper classes a bit: in trom_core_part1.pack -> taxes_effects_jct_tables -> trom_taxes_effects_jct change tw_growth_taxes_fixed and tw_growth_taxes_modifier
      • upper_extortionate -> -14 and -0.65
      • upper_high -> -11 and -0.45
      • upper_normal -> -7 and -0.35
      • upper_low -> -3 and -0.25
      • upper_minimal -> -1 and -0.15

I would also recommend to apply the ports growth fix marking ports as town in main.pack -> slots_tables -> slots - otherwise poor ports will stay poor forever.
    Last edited by MAG; October 01, 2016 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAG View Post
    I would also recommend to apply the ports growth fix marking ports as town in main.pack -> slots_tables -> slots - otherwise poor ports will stay poor forever.
    Hello, MAG. :-)

I'm aware that the last entry in this thread is more than 5 years old and all of this might already be obsolete now; I just have to add something. ;-)

Thanks for your explanations regarding the (wrong) decreasing population growth with lower taxes (an error which was a rather annoying exploit).

Regarding the growth fix for ports I wanted to add that BOTH slots (Is Town AND Is Port) must be checked, otherwise the game (latest version) will crash when starting a new campaign or loading a save.
    If this constellation will do anything at all (aka increasing the ports growth as in towns) I can't say for sure, but at least the game does not crash and the trade incomes and routes for my ports are still there. :-)

If anyone is still around my problem is - game works fine until I try to save then crash! Anyone got any ideas?

So, is it safe to say this mod no longer works? I've had two separate games break after just a few years in. No issues at first, but eventually the game crashes on AI turns and it doesn't seem preventable. The game always crashes at the same spot in those save files and so far, no amount of going back and trying older saves from previous turns with different actions has let it progress any further. I've tried things like attacking or trading with the AI whose turn it crashes on to make them act differently in case it is an action they are taking.

First game I tried it breaks on Louisiana's turn in Summer 1707, second game breaks on Denmark's turn Winter 1708. Game becomes unresponsive and I haven't found a way to fix it. My guess is maybe some event or something in the mod is triggering for the AI at the end of their turn and causing the crash.

If anyone has a fix to try I'd love to hear it (if anyone is even still here).

Quote Originally Posted by Robleau2 View Post
    If anyone is still around my problem is - game works fine until I try to save then crash! Anyone got any ideas?
    Wish I could help you there, I was able to get the mod running fun (had to use the mod manager though), but in the end it seems to not work anyway, as written above.

Quote Originally Posted by Robleau2 View Post
    Try from the settings to change the direction where the documents will be saved.